ADVERTISEMENT

Shingles vaccination insurance coverage...

Sunburnt Indian

Heisman Candidate
Nov 7, 2001
Edge of the Comancheria
Wife went to Walgreen today and got Stab 1 of shingles vax. Out of pocket was $176. Regular cost is $199. Insurance covers small part. Stab 2 comes in August. She wants no part of what I'm going through.

My 7 day shingles medicine treatment began May 15. I still have itching and pain on June 4. Rash area remains purple with most scabs fallen off. I still have little energy.

On the way home from a project, WBAP in Cow Town told me some COVID vax takers are experiencing digestive tract problems. I've lost 12 pounds since COVID vax stab 2 March 28.

Wife went to Walgreen today and got Stab 1 of shingles vax. Out of pocket was $176. Regular cost is $199. Insurance covers small part. Stab 2 comes in August. She wants no part of what I'm going through.

My 7 day shingles medicine treatment began May 15. I still have itching and pain on June 4. Rash area remains purple with most scabs fallen off. I still have little energy.

On the way home from a project, WBAP in Cow Town told me some COVID vax takers are experiencing digestive tract problems. I've lost 12 pounds since COVID vax stab 2 March 28.
Continued healing- sounds like you've had a rough few months

Sunbelt how is your recovery going? Did you get shingles after the shot?

I'll visit doctor soon for tests. I've lost 13 pound since second COVID shot March 28. I have little energy. 7 day shingles treatment began May 15. Rash is fading but pain and itching linger. I've had diarrhea since second COVID shot.
Dang very sorry sir- hope they get it all under control pretty quick. Shingles are zero fun for sure. Continued prayers for you

Subject: unintended weight loss.

I'll visit Baylor Scott & White Friday 9 AM for tests. March 28 COVID stab II saw my weight at a normal 209.8. Today 195.6. Diarrhea finally seems to be easing. I'm still tired. Shingles is still itching and painful. I highly recommend shingles vax for 50 and older. This is no fun.

I've been losing weight ever since COVID shot II.

Today I weigh 194.6. I'm still tired. I'm starting to think copperhead bite for the shingles. Purple rash with pain and itching remains. 6 months after the copperhead bite, a toe still looked like a grape. Tomorrow AM I visit Baylor Scott and White.

Weight loss began immediately after March 28 COVID stab II. I weighed a normal 209.8.

I mowed my front yard yesterday. My handyman mowed the last 2 weeks. I think I'm perking up just a little. I plan to mow the back this AM.

I treasure the ideas osuintx has given me to present to the doctor at Baylor Scott and White. I've written down my notes. My blood pressure is a bit high. 145/77. Until my last COVID shot, I was always around 122/64.

Today my weight is 194.4, the lowest since COVID stab II. No food or drink till after doctor visit.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I treasure the ideas osuintx has given me to present to the doctor at Baylor Scott and White. I've written down my notes. My blood pressure is a bit high. 145/77. Until my last COVID shot, I was always around 122/64.

Today my weight is 194.4, the lowest since COVID stab II. No food or drink till after doctor visit.
Thanks Sunburst- we should all at least get to hear both sides- and that hasn't been happening much in the world. God Speed sir- just threw you another prayer👍

EKG heartbeat is normal. Chest discomfort is likely too high up for pancreas. Chest and heart x-rays normal. I left a blood sample for pancreas, heart inflamation, thyroid checks and some other stuff.

I take 200mg of Topramate daily for essential tremors. Topramate is a serious weight loss drug. I may have to see a neurologist later. Heck, I've been taking it for three years but doctor says sometimes it can take long time to knock weight off.

If COVID shots cause heart inflamation, it's usually rare and in young people. I am young at heart. LOL.

Here's hoping the best for you SBI.
Based on your thread here, I went to my clinic to inquire into getting the vax for shingles.
My insurance doesn't cover it, so for 240 bones I can get one. However, my primary care doc told me the chances at 71 of getting it are almost nil.
I decided to pass on it.
I hope she's right. Time will tell.

Here's hoping the best for you SBI.
Based on your thread here, I went to my clinic to inquire into getting the vax for shingles.
My insurance doesn't cover it, so for 240 bones I can get one. However, my primary care doc told me the chances at 71 of getting it are almost nil.
I decided to pass on it.
I hope she's right. Time will tell.
Today I weigh 194.2. Yesterday 193.6. One week ago today I weighed 196.2.

I was diagnosed with shingles May 15. Today pain and itching lingers worse than yesterday. I just took 2 ibuprofen. They help. I'm about to go to Whataburger for breakfast. I have an appetite.

I would give 240 bones in a second if I could avoid this. Doctors tell me anyone who had chicken pox carries the shingles whatever it is and it can pop up.

Chest pain almost completely gone last evening. Back this AM.

Weight's up second day in a row. 195.2. No chest pain entire last evening. A little chest discomfort this AM. 5.7 weeks with shingles. Little pain but intense itching. Looks like I still have quite a way to go.

I'm excited about my weight gain. I'm off to Whataburger for breakfast.

I had a chicken fried steak last night at older daughter's steakhouse and I ate it all.

Staff is a little bigger at the steakhouse since Texas buckled down on unemployment benefits. Huge crowd on Fathers Day and server Kelsey told me they had a reasonable staff, unlike the horror show they had for Mothers Day.

My new server did very well with one week on the job, as did the new Latina hostess.

Weight's up second day in a row. 195.2. No chest pain entire last evening. A little chest discomfort this AM. 5.7 weeks with shingles. Little pain but intense itching. Looks like I still have quite a way to go.

I had a chicken fried steak last night at older daughter's steakhouse and I ate it all.

Staff is a little bigger at the steakhouse since Texas buckled down on unemployment benefits. Huge crowd on Fathers Day and server Kelsey told me they had a reasonable staff, unlike the horror show they had for Mothers Day.

My new server did very well with one week on the job, as did the new Latina hostess.
Eat like a pig Sunburst! Tickled to hear your good news I hope it's a constant improvement

Last edited:
Reactions: Sunburnt Indian
Nurse Peggy called yesterday and said doctor may schedule me for lower abdomen scan. She says my glucose is not all that high even though the report early yesterday said HIGH. I told Peggy I've been gaining weight the last 3 days.

My Florida doctor buddy says I need heart scan because of chest pain.

Nurse Peggy called yesterday and said doctor may schedule me for lower abdomen scan. She says my glucose is not all that high even though the report early yesterday said HIGH. I told Peggy I've been gaining weight the last 3 days.

My Florida doctor buddy says I need heart scan because of chest pain.
Man I feel for you- hope they get it figured out quick- I know you have better things you'd rather be doing than testing. Hang in there🙏

As an aside, that you have a Whataburger makes me reek with envy. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT