ADVERTISEMENT

Sheets is returning

driad

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2009
So Seth Duckworth is saying Sheets is returning next year. My question is, will he be the starter?

Anyone know why Anthony & Angelo haven't been wrestling? Freestyle state was last weekend and neither competed.

Some results...Jordan Williams beat Kael Voinovich & Beau Hickman beat LaDarion Lockett. Jersey Robb also won.

Reactions: OAMC99
Wyatt wasn’t really good all season. Injuries probably played a role in that but he isn’t high ceiling guy also so this may be his max talent level .

Reactions: OAMC99
Jordan Williams might be a factor at 157 next year. Right now he's undersized, we saw that in the state final and the Junior Open. But the other day he posted his goals for the upcoming year. They included gaining 15-20 lbs, starting as a true freshman, and winning NCAAs.

He can gain 15 pounds and 149 will still be an option for him. Really high ceiling guy that needs some time in a college room and will burst on to the scene once he finds a spot.

Can wrestlers just go out and gain 15-20 lbs of muscle? If so color me even more impressed.

Personally I'd be stoked to see two Ferraris in our lineup trying to outdo each other.
Would you bet against Anthony Ferrari being a Semifinalist as a true freshman? I wouldn’t.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
Jordan Williams might be a factor at 157 next year. Right now he's undersized, we saw that in the state final and the Junior Open. But the other day he posted his goals for the upcoming year. They included gaining 15-20 lbs, starting as a true freshman, and winning NCAAs.
I hope he accomplishes all of those goals.

Can wrestlers just go out and gain 15-20 lbs of muscle? If so color me even more impressed.

Personally I'd be stoked to see two Ferraris in our lineup trying to outdo each other.

Jordan has admitted that he's never lifted weights... so getting into the weight room and working to gain that, it could happen... but doing so in 6 months, I'm not so confident on. We'll see. He's not cutting any weight for junior WTTs at the beginning of June.

Reactions: osu2082
Sheets wrestled well going 8-1 up to the Lehigh dual where he got taken down 3-4 times and rode like a mule by Humphreys. I believe that might be the match he hurt his ribs in? He finished 2-4 for the remaining duals and let everyone have a open invitation on his legs. I think he even went 3 or 4 straight matches where he didn't get a takedown. He went 0-2 at B12's and 1-3 at NCAA's, where I thought he actually wrestled well just had to face the #1 and #2 guys. If he can improve on his feet and get back to the leg riding I think he will AA.

I believe Anthony Ferrari will be a force and has a bright future, but the fact that he hasn't wrestled in over a year, seems to have a shoulder issue and with a few of the negative bits of hearsay about his off the mat personal life I've read on here, I'm not counting on him being much of a factor next year. I just think both Williams and Ferrari need really good redshirt seasons for different reasons.

Reactions: OAMC99 and DPJ
I have faith in Anthony Ferrari. Heck I certainly had some personal issues in high school - who hasn't? And didn't AJ sit out much of his HS senior year with an injury?

Sheets on his feets is where the improvement needs to come. He can be a beast on top, scraps hard to get escapes, and has a lot of heart and strength. In neutral through it often seems like he's just a beat or two slower than his opponents and a beat is all you need to get taken down (or get a takedown). If he can improve his misdirection, level changes, and bursts of speed on his feet, get a little DeSanto in him (not too much, just a bit), he could do really well - easy right? lol

Is it that vicious though?
It can be and has been. He couldn’t often turn it into points, but the foundation was there. Which is why I think it’d be cool if other folks took the technique and improved upon it. Zain was a monster with the turk into a bow and arrow, man.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT