ADVERTISEMENT

Season Ticket Holders – Where are you?

Old Number Nine

Starter
Jan 20, 2005
With the “Increasing Attendance Ideas” thread discussing Tulsa/OKC duals thoughts, I wanted to make a statement and ask a question:

I've lived in Tulsa then Broken Arrow my whole life and have had season tickets since 1978. I graduated in 1981 and since the ‘81/’82 season (40 years) I believe I’ve missed one dual that I didn’t have a “traveling for business” excuse. That includes the occasional Oklahoma blizzard that gets me a little grief from my wife, but I’ll drive to wrestling in anything. That’s about an hour and a half from my current home; no biggie.

Secondly, I’d like to take a poll of all who post here who are season tickets holders as to where you live. I don’t believe it should be a problem to give up your location as the crazy OU/Iowa/PSU fans who would like to track us down and kill us don't know who we really are. Anyway, as I stated above; I live in Broken Arrow.

That’s Tulsa/OKC/Stilly/…/Other (add your location for the ellipsis)

1/0/0/0/0/0

Thanks for your participation:

Reactions: driad
i live in Perkins and make every dual that we don't have a conflict with our kids wrestling somewhere else, which seems to be most Friday night duals.

With the “Increasing Attendance Ideas” thread discussing Tulsa/OKC duals thoughts, I wanted to make a statement and ask a question:

I've lived in Tulsa then Broken Arrow my whole life and have had season tickets since 1978. I graduated in 1981 and since the ‘81/’82 season (40 years) I believe I’ve missed one dual that I didn’t have a “traveling for business” excuse. That includes the occasional Oklahoma blizzard that gets me a little grief from my wife, but I’ll drive to wrestling in anything. That’s about an hour and a half from my current home; no biggie.

Secondly, I’d like to take a poll of all who post here who are season tickets holders as to where you live. I don’t believe it should be a problem to give up your location as the crazy OU/Iowa/PSU fans who would like to track us down and kill us don't know who we really are. Anyway, as I stated above; I live in Broken Arrow.

1/0/0/0/0/0

First, your attendance regularity is incredible. You are loyal and true. I have been a season ticket holder for 21 years living in Stillwater and Edmond. I have missed many duals because my kids have played club (games on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays) and school (Fridays) basketball for the last 14 years straight. I have never missed one of my kids games for a wrestling dual or any other spectator event. My younger is in her last year so I might miss a few Friday duals this year. I hope that I can then start a stretch as great as yours.

1/0/0/0/0/0

First, your attendance regularity is incredible. You are loyal and true. I have been a season ticket holder for 21 years living in Stillwater and Edmond. I have missed many duals because my kids have played club (games on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays) and school (Fridays) basketball for the last 14 years straight. I have never missed one of my kids games for a wrestling dual or any other spectator event. My younger is in her last year so I might miss a few Friday duals this year. I hope that I can then start a stretch as great as yours.

I have two boys, 32 and 35 and they were never mcuh for winter sports although my oldest acutally went out for wrestling for the first time as a Soph. in high school with no previous experience. I was very proud of him as he took his lumps and stuck it out for two years even winning one match. I guess things worked out well as I never missed anything my kids did for wrestling and my oldest is a fairly solid fan.

Reactions: proud2bpokes
I moved out of the state a few years after I graduated and have lived in PA, OH, NY, and now NC. So I don’t go to duals, but follow and watch most on TV/ computer when available. I still go to NCAA tournament other than the covid years.

I moved out of the state a few years after I graduated and have lived in PA, OH, NY, and now NC. So I don’t go to duals, but follow and watch most on TV/ computer when available. I still go to NCAA tournament other than the covid years.
I live in Shawnee and make all the duals and have the same tickets since about 1980. I have been a fan since my first bedlam match in 1960 and I can count on my two hands how many nationals I have missed since 1964. I had two sons who wrestled and have coached at some level. Both are Tulsa Firefighters and both graduated from Oklahoma State. BTW Micco just made Captain. Proud of both of them although as most of you know Micco cheers for the dark side on occasion.

I live in Shawnee and make all the duals and have the same tickets since about 1980. I have been a fan since my first bedlam match in 1960 and I can count on my two hands how many nationals I have missed since 1964. I had two sons who wrestled and have coached at some level. Both are Tulsa Firefighters and both graduated from Oklahoma State. BTW Micco just made Captain. Proud of both of them although as most of you know Micco cheers for the dark side on occasion.
Congrats on making Captain Micco.

Reactions: lookleft goright
I live in Poteau and make 90% of our home duals.
That’s pretty impressive. Stillwater & back is an all day thing from poteau. You aren’t far from the world’s tallest hill. Btw

1992 Graduate. Started out by buying a few seats from my Dad. By that time i figured he had season tickets for several years and if he bought extras he would be able to get them close to him in the middle section 203. We were correct. He ordered extras and i just paid him for several years. At some point i asked the ticket office to change them to my name and they did. I think that was probably later 90's. We have had them since. 203 Row 8, 14,15,16. Lived in Tulsa for 25 years and relocated to Shawnee almost 5 years ago. We have only missed a handful of matches in that time. Attended my first Nationals in 1986 and have only missed a handful since that time.

Oh by the way, Obe is my Pops and Micco is my Brother.................I am the good Son!

We've been season ticket holders since 2003 and have met many great OSU fans through the fans......several who we consider best friends! Always looking for ways to get more people involved!

Reactions: NCcowboy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT