ADVERTISEMENT

SDSU Coach Comments on Playing the Pokes

BiloxiPoke

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Jul 16, 2012
I’m glad it seems Gundy has been hammering home to the team how good SDSU is because it sounds like they absolutely plan to come for the upset.

Quotes from PFB.

On Ollie:

“If you give [Gordon] a seam, he can go the distance,” Rogers said. “He’s extremely fast. He’s my comparison to Pierre Strong because I got to see him every single day. Pierre Strong was extremely fast. He’s bigger than Pierre, and he’s extremely physical.

We’re gonna have to be multiple on defense. We’re not just gonna be able to load the box just because of what they have on the perimeter. We’re not just going to be able to not play with a box that’s loaded. We gotta be on point with the calls and make sure that we tackle well in space. He does a great job of making the first guy miss, and if he can make the first guy miss, he can easily get eight to 10 yards because he is so fast. It’s going to take a full swarm to the ball for 60 minutes of this game to slow him down.”

On their QB Mark Gronowski:

“This is the best Mark has looked,” Rogers said. “I feel like he’s taken another step in his game. He’s become more of a complete passer. He’s been really good at manipulating the defense with his eyes. And how he’s been able to go through progressions quickly and get the ball out on time and be really, really accurate. I’m excited to see what he can do. Practice is practice. He’s gotta turn it on in the game.”

On this game:
In the midst of his opening statement, Rogers said his team “isn’t going down there for moral victories.”

“We’ve given up moral victories here for a long time,” Rogers said. “We’re going there for a reason. We’re going to compete. If we’re going to claim we’re one of the best in the country, here’s an opportunity to showcase that. I can tell you this, our players wouldn’t expect me to say it any different.”

Reactions: bwel9339
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.