ADVERTISEMENT

San Diego advice

Joe_Piscopoke

Recruit
Gold Member
Aug 31, 2016
Headed to San Diego area for work later this month and plan to stick around a few extra days and make a little trip out of it. Never been to SD before and the wife will be along for the trip.

Looking for suggestions on areas to stay/avoid, stuff to do, etc. Not tied to any specific area so I’m considering anywhere from San Diego up to Carlsbad, maybe even up to Dana point.

Thanks!

Headed to San Diego area for work later this month and plan to stick around a few extra days and make a little trip out of it. Never been to SD before and the wife will be along for the trip.

Looking for suggestions on areas to stay/avoid, stuff to do, etc. Not tied to any specific area so I’m considering anywhere from San Diego up to Carlsbad, maybe even up to Dana point.

Thanks!
Must sees: La Jolla beachfront and shopping, Balboa Park/Zoo area with museums

Everything else could be debated.

Reactions: BluegrassPoke
Is the zoo a must-see, even with no kids? I know it’s one of the best zoos in the world, I’m just wondering if it’s so great it’s worth doing when you only have a couple of days to spend.

Is the zoo a must-see, even with no kids? I know it’s one of the best zoos in the world, I’m just wondering if it’s so great it’s worth doing when you only have a couple of days to spend.
The Zoo is only part of Balboa Park, which is one of the most beautiful in the world and filled with museums and such. Balboa Park is the #1 thing to do in San Diego bar none.

Reactions: OrangePhish
Places to avoid? Don't go to the Jolar Adult Cinema on University Avenue.

An ex-girlfriend wanted to go in the cinema out of curiosity and walked in on a middle-aged gal getting banged by about 8 fellas, half of which looked homeless. Her husband/partner/buddy/whatever was loving every bit of it. We got the heck out of there. Needless to say, she never wanted to go back to a place like that.

Reactions: The Duke

An ex-girlfriend wanted to go in the cinema out of curiosity and walked in on a middle-aged gal getting banged by about 8 fellas, half of which looked homeless. Her husband/partner/buddy/whatever was loving every bit of it. We got the heck out of there. Needless to say, she never wanted to go back to a place like that.
giphy.gif

Sounds like a fun girlfriend.

How was the movie?

take the coaster to north county

del mar track is fun red tractons steak house
brigantines fish tacos

solana beach(cedros ave)shops
naked cafe for breakfast right where you walk down to the beach
pacific coast grill

cardiff san elijo state beach snack bar has awesome food (cheap) and gozilian $ view
zenbu in cardiff sushi is incredible
ask for sid fishous not on menu

encinitas swamis

union kitchen and tap
lumberyard

la jolla
beautiful

hike at torrey pines

How was your trip? San Diego has become my annual heat break weekend trip since I moved. Love San Diego! Always hit a Padres game because Petco is a great park.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT