ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Adams Show

Marshal Jim Duncan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 22, 2013
@ The Brady last night was amazing. It is difficult to express how good his voice sounds live. Band was great too.

Jenny Lewis was really good too, and she came out and sang a couple of songs with Ryan and his band.

The night was made even sweeter by leading some fellow Pokes in the OOOOOOOO. SSSSSSSS. UUUUUUUU chant both between sets and on the street afterwards.

Nice. He was fantastic Friday night in Dallas too. Did he play any covers last night? In Dallas he played some song that he improvised about a local chicken joint here, it was pretty funny. I saw he played Danzig's Mother Wednesday in Houston.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

He did an improvised song based upon a yelled out song request form the audience. He pretended he heard it wrong and made up a pretty long song about drinking dog water. It was pretty amazing really.

good to hear.. I cannot wait to see him live.. he is definitely in my top 3 all time artists.

Originally posted by Marshal Jim Duncan:
He did an improvised song based upon a yelled out song request form the audience. He pretended he heard it wrong and made up a pretty long song about drinking dog water. It was pretty amazing really.
He must do this at every stop. He did one about Firehose Pizza in honor of the awesome Firehose signs at the theater I saw him at in Columbus.

It was a great show. I really enjoyed Jenny Lewis as well.

He's so good live. His voice is recording quality. My only small bitch was the set list. I thought he played a few more obscure songs in lieu of some of my favorites. Also wish he'd have played a longer encore.

Saw you guys doing the "OSU" cheer, glove.

Originally posted by Mr. Blonde:

Originally posted by Marshal Jim Duncan:
He must do this at every stop. He did one about Firehose Pizza in honor of the awesome Firehose signs at the theater I saw him at in Columbus.
Yeah, he does it a lot.

Originally posted by Cowguy:
My only small bitch was the set list. I thought he played a few more obscure songs in lieu of some of my favorites. Also wish he'd have played a longer encore.
I thought the show was perfect.

I liked the show just fine. I just have favorites I missed. He only played one song off of easy tiger for instance. (Love that album)

Wish he'd played:
Two
Hotel Chelsea nights
These girls
English girls
To be young
If I am a stranger

Just thought of several more.

I guess, at the end of the day, a guy with that prolific a catalog has a tough job editing a set list.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT