ADVERTISEMENT

rules changes

This is what is wrong with rules. After the first tiebreaker a winner “may” be determined if they have a net edge in riding time. Is it “may be” or “will be?”

This is what is wrong with rules. After the first tiebreaker a winner “may” be determined if they have a net edge in riding time. Is it “may be” or “will be?”
I may be alone in this but I believe having a ref review his decision is anathema to college sports in general and in wrestling in particular. Refs are human and some mistakes will be made but all this does is slow down the action and favor the wrestler who has lung problems. Go with the original call and sometimes it will go your way and sometimes not but rarely is it the decider of a match. It also makes it hard for the aggressive wrestler to regain his momentum. My vote would be for no reviews.

Reviews are now part of every sport I can think of off the top of my head. Better to have a third party review the ref's call. There should be a time limit on the review, though, because the momentum piece is huge. 1 minute should be enough time, if they can't figure it out then the original call stands.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT