ADVERTISEMENT

Ruger m77 mark II in 7.62x39

Rulz

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jan 10, 2005
Got this off GunBroker the other day...can't wait to try it out. Been looking for one for a long time.

Pretty rare gun, I'm happy since I can shoot what is a fairly cheap round. These have a good reputation for accuracy, will know more in a week once I have some 7.62 down range.
[URL=http://s1193.photobucket.com/user/OSUJACK/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2017-03/EDD5F320-F855-48EA-A77A-817437E1DDC6.png.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s1193.photobucket.com/user/OSUJACK/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2017-03/2AC34A5F-1B1A-4D71-BE71-3B29F43C1F40.png.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s1193.photobucket.com/user/OSUJACK/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2017-03/E4D64CF6-458E-441A-A40B-46387FF10AFE.png.html][/URL]

I've got that same gun in .223. Good little rifle.

Yeah, the stock and such isn't rare, it's the combo of this stock and the round it's chambered in. Hang onto that .223, these things are bringing a premium now. I have seen a lot guys have been hunting for the .223 version, since I'm sure a lot of folks have tons of .223 now lying around after all the scares about ammo over the years.

I actually have a ton of 7.62X39. I did have 3 SKS's, sold one, but I love shooting those and bought quite a bit over the years.

Was always going to buy an AK, but I am afraid I missed the boat on getting anything I would consider buying cheaply.

Later this week I'm going to the range to try out this Ruger.

Well...I'm very pleased with this little rifle. I used three types of ammo today, Winchester soft point 123 g "Hog Special", Golden Tiger 124 g FMJ, and Hornady "Zombie Max" 123 g SST. As to be expected, it shot the Hornady for the tightest group, the Golden Tiger came in second, and the Winchester round still grouped well but would shoot to a little different POI, just a little to the right and up. Here's the first group when I was adjusting the scope for zero at 50 yards...

After getting dialed in, the gun consistently shot groups like this next one...this is at 50 yards again with the Hornady SST Zombie Max round...

That's actually 4 shots in that group...2 went through the same hole, one just to the left and then the last shot was just a bit more left, I might have jerked the trigger some because at that point I was starting to get excited. The scope is a Swift 3-9X 40 waterproof scope. I had not heard of Swift before, but when I looked around a bit they got very good reviews for their price point. I would show more pics, but it's kinda pointless since they all look like the second one more or less. I would have went out to 100 yards, but there was a guy already in that bay so I was stuck at 50.

Hopefully I can get back to the range next week and see how it does from 100, perhaps even 300 just for shits and grins.

I also got a PSG-1 style trigger for my HK91, it dropped the trigger pull from 12 pounds to about 5 or so. But, I left my damn scope at home and so I didn't get to really see how much the new trigger helps. It was grouping quite well before but took some effort with the crappy trigger. Definitely want to get it to the 300 range.

Reactions: panhndlpoke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT