ADVERTISEMENT

Roster

Talmage Carman isn't listed. Not on Track or in the directory either. He was there about a week ago.

Interesting that Boone is listed at 149, looks like should have good talent challenging for 141 and 149. Also the fact that Suber is listed at 184/197 suggests he prob not a HWT. Its very rare that first time heavies go far in the tourney, Harris has experience, thats a good thing.

Interesting that Boone is listed at 149, looks like should have good talent challenging for 141 and 149. Also the fact that Suber is listed at 184/197 suggests he prob not a HWT. Its very rare that first time heavies go far in the tourney, Harris has experience, thats a good thing.
If you click on Surber's link, he's listed @ 285. Zach told Willie he's about 230 right now.

Reactions: turfpoke and ionel
Well thats good news, cause I don't think he is making the starting lineup at 197. Means we have good competition for the spot at pretty much every weight where need it.

Reactions: osu2082
Well thats good news, cause I don't think he is making the starting lineup at 197. Means we have good competition for the spot at pretty much every weight where need it.
Looks like we are building up some pretty good depth.

Recognizing that the Roster Weights aren't necessarily the correct Weights...

141 & 149 look fascinating...

141:
You've got a returning Starter (Hone)
2 Elite High School Prospects (Mastrogiovanni & Young)
1 Top 20 at the Weight HS Prospect (Travis)
1 D1 Transfer (Bloemhof)

149:
Elite Level Talent in Gfeller
Elite High School Prospect in Balmeceda
Elite Level Talent in Boone
Elite High School Prospect in Voinovich
2 solid Depth Prospects in Sanchez & Manibog

Good too see all the Talent; hopefully the right guys emerge...

Stated again as it is sure to come up...Understanding that the Roster Weights are necessarily where guys will end up...

141:
1 D1 Transfer (Bloemhof)

149:

Stated again as it is sure to come up...Understanding that the Roster Weights are necessarily where guys will end up...
The year of each wrestler is way off and they added a year for wrestlers who didn't start and had a redshirt coming. Also last year if they chose to the year did not count. An example is Luke Surber is listed as a Soph. and AJ along with Doucette are listed as Sophomores.

141:
1 D1 Transfer (Bloemhof)

149:

Who do you have at these weights this year?

Who do you have at these weights this year?
I don't have any insight at this point...

At 141, despite the infusion of Talent, I'm of the mind that unless someone comes and takes it from him, it's Hone's Position to lose. If you want it, come and get it. As has been discussed, Hone is not the most talented by a long stretch, but he has grit and "want-to" in Spades. For that reason, he's easy to root for.

At 149, you could see Gfeller responding in 1 of 2 ways...he either rises to the occasion, or there is 2-3 others that seem capable of ripping it from him.

I don't have any insight at this point...

At 141, despite the infusion of Talent, I'm of the mind that unless someone comes and takes it from him, it's Hone's Position to lose. If you want it, come and get it. As has been discussed, Hone is not the most talented by a long stretch, but he has grit and "want-to" in Spades. For that reason, he's easy to root for.

At 149, you could see Gfeller responding in 1 of 2 ways...he either rises to the occasion, or there is 2-3 others that seem capable of ripping it from him.
I agree. I think hunk Hone is the man at 41. Maybe by midpoint of the season, some of the younger pups could start nipping at his heals.
49, I don’t have much hope for Gfeller but I would love to see him justify some a spot on the team. Upside is crazy.
I’m really interested in Boone. I’m curious how he fairs this year.

Reactions: JAY45
I'm really interested in Boone. I’m curious how he fairs this year.
Boone's a wildcard. Mechler too I think.

Another possibility for 125-141, gets everyone in the lineup. Extremely remote, I know...

2022 (Young redshirts)
- Mastro/Daton/Mastro

2023 (Travis redshirts)
- Mastro/Daton/Young

2024 (Trevor redshirts, Daton drops for Olympics, wrestles Scuffle, Big12s, NCAAs only)
- Daton/Young/Mastro

2025 & 2026
- Mastro/Young/Mastro

Reactions: JAY45
Revisiting this, after listening to Coach Smith…it sure sounds like:

141: Hone, Young, or Gfeller
149: Voinovich

Revisiting this, after listening to Coach Smith…it sure sounds like:

141: Hone, Young, or Gfeller
149: Voinovich
The Stanford dual is going to be interesting cause we are back on normal rules correct, if wrestle in the dual then out of redshirt? 141 & 149 very competitive matches (like 165) against Woods & Abas. So even if Young were tearing up the room would you use him this early (versus wait till Scuffle) when Hone/G available? Now 149 could be different if really think Voinovich is the guy (both John & Geer mentioned him) and not as many options. Likewise 125 will be interesting cause believe both guys still have a RS so will they just go with rank match winner?

The Stanford dual is going to be interesting cause we are back on normal rules correct, if wrestle in the dual then out of redshirt? 141 & 149 very competitive matches (like 165) against Woods & Abas. So even if Young were tearing up the room would you use him this early (versus wait till Scuffle) when Hone/G available? Now 149 could be different if really think Voinovich is the guy (both John & Geer mentioned him) and not as many options. Likewise 125 will be interesting cause believe both guys still have a RS so will they just go with rank match winner?
Flo had an interview with Rob Koll about 2 weeks ago. He said the redshirt rules have changed and you can wrestle 5 competitions now. Anyone else hear that?

Flo had an interview with Rob Koll about 2 weeks ago. He said the redshirt rules have changed and you can wrestle 5 competitions now. Anyone else hear that?

Koll said that, but I haven't had a D1 coach confirm that yet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT