ADVERTISEMENT

ROSTER-RECRUITING WORKSHEET

CowboyUp61

Starter
May 22, 2016
This is how I have this years roster and lineup. No inside knowledge, just my guess. For the recruiting part, I added all the 2020 Oklahoma kids on the Flo big board-amazingly, there are no Oklahoma kids on the big board for 2019

Feel free to make suggestions and to leave me info to fill in that may be empty or incorrect.

Access the sheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet..._d4yGgnv2G_JaC_qsnds6m_EbjEvLahV50lAO/pubhtml

If a spot is highlighted, that means I think we need someone in that class for that weight.

Last edited:
This is how I have this years roster and lineup. No inside knowledge, just my guess. For the recruiting part, I added all the 2020 Oklahoma kids on the Flo big board-amazingly, there are no Oklahoma kids on the big board.

Feel free to make suggestions and to leave me info to fill in that may be empty or incorrect.

Access the sheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet..._d4yGgnv2G_JaC_qsnds6m_EbjEvLahV50lAO/pubhtml

If a spot is highlighted, that means I think we need someone in that class for that weight.
Thanks for putting this together. It will be interesting to see how it changes if you have time to keep it up to date.

For 2019: Brevin Balmaceda was mentioned at one point. He would be a 157 prospect. Not much else that I have seen but we may know more in a few weeks as offers can be made after July 1. Maybe they will have some interest in Theoris Robison, Kevan Davenport or Trent Munoz.

2020: There looks to be so many possible high end prospects to fill needs here. I would be surprised if they didn’t pursue Robert Howard, Julian Tagg and Josh Saunders. If those are Plan A types than there would have to be a Plan A-2 because there are still several too good to be called Plan B. Serrano, Vazquez, Hepner, Bartlett to name a few.

2021: Carter Young, Eli Griffin, Cougar Anderson and Kyle Haas are some state/regional guys that will probably get a look.

2022: Anthony Ferrari belongs in this class rather than 2021.

In case anybody was still following Marchesselli as a wrestling prospect, he committed to TCU football today.

Nice spreadsheet!

I missed this earlier somehow. I saw the threads, but didn't see any links.

Thanks for putting this together. It will be interesting to see how it changes if you have time to keep it up to date.

For 2019: Brevin Balmaceda was mentioned at one point. He would be a 157 prospect. Not much else that I have seen but we may know more in a few weeks as offers can be made after July 1. Maybe they will have some interest in Theoris Robison, Kevan Davenport or Trent Munoz.

2020: There looks to be so many possible high end prospects to fill needs here. I would be surprised if they didn’t pursue Robert Howard, Julian Tagg and Josh Saunders. If those are Plan A types than there would have to be a Plan A-2 because there are still several too good to be called Plan B. Serrano, Vazquez, Hepner, Bartlett to name a few.

2021: Carter Young, Eli Griffin, Cougar Anderson and Kyle Haas are some state/regional guys that will probably get a look.

2022: Anthony Ferrari belongs in this class rather than 2021.
Thanks. Hopefully I have enough time to keep it kind of up to date.

I believe you are right about 2020. We will need a big group out of that year, but don't think we will take someone just to take them-unless it is cheap.

I thought little Ferrari was a year older than my youngest, who is a '22. I will fix that. It will be interesting to see his growth pattern.

Young and Griffin both seem like 125. We are definitely after him. Kyle I think will develop well, he needs to move down here and live with Tyler.

Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming!

This is how I have this years roster and lineup. No inside knowledge, just my guess. For the recruiting part, I added all the 2020 Oklahoma kids on the Flo big board-amazingly, there are no Oklahoma kids on the big board for 2019

Access the sheet

Great spreadsheet Cowboy. It should be pinned at the top of the board.

Updated-moved some of the guys to the proper classes, and added a few of the recruits that have expressed interest in the Cowboys. Seems like most are middle weights, and I think next year will be a big year to recruit 133, 184, and Heavy if Kirkvleit doesn't end up here.

Also bumped Harris up to 197.

Tell me more, signed or committed? Isn't he a senior this year?

Still waiting on the roster to come out, know there are more incoming than I have listed.

Great spreadsheet. Other incoming freshmen this year are Conner Wilson from Allen, TX. A lower weight probably around 141. Jake Ahrberg, a middleweight, not sure exactly where he'll be, and Colt Denney from Heritage Hall projected 165.

Committed. He’s a senior, 3x state finalist. Tough dude, that will be a good addition. Stays out of trouble, makes good grades and has an incredible work ethic.
Newton really is solid. I was afraid OU might slide in and snatch him away.

He is also pretty much best friends with Dustin Plott. They recruited him because he's a good fit, wrestler, and kid. It can't hurt in the battle for Plott to have his best friend on the team though.

Great spreadsheet. Other incoming freshmen this year are Conner Wilson from Allen, TX. A lower weight probably around 141. Jake Ahrberg, a middleweight, not sure exactly where he'll be, and Colt Denney from Heritage Hall projected 165.
Gotten to know Conner a bit the last couple of weeks. That is him in the orange in my avatar pic. Great kid. Another lesser known kid in the room is Bennett Sherrer from Pryor. Both 133-141, both solid young men.

Met Triston in the Atherton Hotel elevator. Great family and seemed like a personable kid. That is great news. There were other recruits there also but I dont know the names.

Met Triston in the Atherton Hotel elevator. Great family and seemed like a personable kid. That is great news. There were other recruits there also but I dont know the names.

I mentioned this back in February in the '2018 OSSAA wrestling' thread - Triston was seriously injured a couple of years ago and was told he would never wrestle again. Him bouncing back to win a state title and now earn a D1 scholarship is a very nice story.

added the two committments. Highlighted in Green. Tried something new, if you click on their name it will take you to their trackwrestling profile. I am not all the way through, but will work on in my spare time.

Last edited:
added the two committments. Highlighted in Green. Tried something new, if you click on their name it will take you to their trackwrestling profile. I am not all the way through, but will work on in my spare time.

Nice, you are a spreadsheet guru.

Thanks, Wrassler. updated.

Also added Dusty Hone back in, back from 2 year mission.

So what, you wait for Pistols Firing to write an article based on my posts before making updates? ;) Maybe I should be getting a small stipend from them for these assists. :)

Some minor updates...I guess you can add Tony Andrade now as a target at 197, Lamons and Cannon graduated and moved on, Carter Young is 2021. Little Dieringer may have moved on also, but I'm not positive on that.

So what, you wait for Pistols Firing to write an article based on my posts before making updates? ;) Maybe I should be getting a small stipend from them for these assists. :)

Some minor updates...I guess you can add Tony Andrade now as a target at 197, Lamons and Cannon graduated and moved on, Carter Young is 2021. Little Dieringer may have moved on also, but I'm not positive on that.
yup. I take info from where I can get it. Just can't believe that you take so long to get it to me! :eek:

In all seriousness, this started as a fun project. One I make time for, so all the help I can get makes it better.

yup. I take info from where I can get it. Just can't believe that you take so long to get it to me! :eek:

In all seriousness, this started as a fun project. One I make time for, so all the help I can get makes it better.

You know I was kidding, right? Seems my ribbing Pistols Firing (and not you) wasn't very funny. Ah well, humor is hard.

Thanks for maintaining the spreadsheet.

You know I was kidding, right? Seems my ribbing Pistols Firing (and not you) wasn't very funny. Ah well, humor is hard.

Thanks for maintaining the spreadsheet.
no, I got the joke. Tried to make my own too, but sometimes i am not very funny. I appreciate the info. It is something that I would like to keep up with more than I do, but I gotta work sometimes, or they will think they don't need me!

Newton really is solid. I was afraid OU might slide in and snatch him away.

He is also pretty much best friends with Dustin Plott. They recruited him because he's a good fit, wrestler, and kid. It can't hurt in the battle for Plott to have his best friend on the team though.
I think we are gold with Plott. He spends a lot of time in our room by all accounts.

Reactions: oberebo
@Wrassler17, beat you to this one! sheet updated. Getting a lot of interest in those middle weights.

Cool, congrats.

But I think maybe I'm still winning ? ... Stika, Hone, Andrade, McLane. Plus the Wittlake flip was a 4 point move. :cool:

Also, I believe 2 of the guys in the instagram I posted are Cole Mattin and Reece Witcraft. If you count them it would be a technical fall. :D

Reactions: CowboyUp61
I'm trying to link another recruiting spreadsheet but I must be doing something wrong (cuz it ain't visible?). It's from PinFall Recruiting and it's an easy way to scroll by weight, year, school...

Here's the tweet with the spreadsheet link embedded. @CowboyUp61, if you can figure out how to post it as a direct link then I'll just delete this post.

I'm trying to link another recruiting spreadsheet but I must be doing something wrong (cuz it ain't visible?). It's from PinFall Recruiting and it's an easy way to scroll by weight, year, school...

Here's the tweet with the spreadsheet link embedded. @CowboyUp61, if you can figure out how to post it as a direct link then I'll just delete this post.

Thanks, Wrassler. It is totally protected from editing, so just have to use it from there. Added in on mine a few OK kids that were ranked. This one has some good info too.

Reactions: Wrassler17
Thanks, Wrassler. It is totally protected from editing, so just have to use it from there. Added in on mine a few OK kids that were ranked. This one has some good info too.

Yeah, I wasn't looking to edit it though, I just wanted to post the link directly without posting the tweet. When I copy and paste it I don't see anything in preview mode. I'm probably doing something wrong, no big deal. Thanks

Yeah, I wasn't looking to edit it though, I just wanted to post the link directly without posting the tweet. When I copy and paste it I don't see anything in preview mode. I'm probably doing something wrong, no big deal. Thanks
it shows up on the post though, so you did something right!

Who is Jaquan Jackson at 174? Google tells me there was a 182 out of FL by that name. Same guy?

Also see someone named Hanyu Qiu out of VA now listed on the roster.

Heindselman committed to OU recently.

Last edited:
Who is Jaquan Jackson at 174? Google tells me there was a 182 out of FL by that name. Same guy?

Also see someone named Hanyu Qiu out of VA now listed on the roster.

Heindselman committed to OU recently.
dont know much about either, and there seem to be multiple entries on track, so I didn't want to tag the wrong one. Didn't know about Heindselman, will take him out tomorrow.

updated-left Konner at 197, though, until I see different.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT