ADVERTISEMENT

rivers and streams...of oil

So, expert on drilling now? For everything you think you are an expert on, it is quite amazing you can’t find a good job.

Reactions: DildoShwaggins
@CSCOTTOSUPOKES I know you probably dont know much about Houston or the HC, but besides Austin it is the most liberal city in Texas. I would probably trust the NYT's more on this story than the HC. Oh, and dont worry I was kidding about Trump sending wastewater to OR.

@CSCOTTOSUPOKES I know you probably dont know much about Houston or the HC, but besides Austin it is the most liberal city in Texas. I would probably trust the NYT's more on this story than the HC. Oh, and dont worry I was kidding about Trump sending wastewater to OR.

Answer the question...

Do you think oil companies should be allowed to dump wastewater into our waterways?

Has absolutely zero to do with liberal conservative BS either. Right/wrong: oil companies dump wastewater into rivers and streams.

Reactions: Pokeabear
Do you think oil companies should be allowed to dump wastewater into our waterways?

Of course they should. That's exactly what is happening now and the rivers are clean.

Damn you guys for making me agree with Clinton. Damn you all. There is a lot of missing information in the article. I am curious as to what"loosening regulations" actually means. I am not a huge fan of hydraulic fracturing, but understand the necessity for it....for now. That said, much of what is in fracturing fluids are proprietary, however, there is plenty of evidence that much of the wasrewater from it is not filterable by conventional methods.

As long as it’s done in Texas and not Oklahoma I’m cool with it. We have plenty of zones capable of taking a lot of wastewater for a considerable amount of time. No need to put it in the waterways.

Has absolutely zero to do with liberal conservative BS either. Right/wrong: oil companies dump wastewater into rivers and streams.

No offense but we dump wastewater into our streams every day. Every washed your car in your driveway? Ever left your sprinkler system on? Those are both examples of dumping wastewater into rivers and streams. Where do you think EVERY storm drain in Oklahoma and Texas eventually run to? So why do you suppose that the Oil and Gas wastewater is any worse or different than the wastewater you dump every day?

In otherwords, I have no issue with O&G dumping WASTEWATER into rivers and streams. I do have issue with them dumping chemical wastes into rivers and streams, but I'm pretty sure that Trump isn't loosening those standards. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

No offense but we dump wastewater into our streams every day. Every washed your car in your driveway? Ever left your sprinkler system on? Those are both examples of dumping wastewater into rivers and streams. Where do you think EVERY storm drain in Oklahoma and Texas eventually run to? So why do you suppose that the Oil and Gas wastewater is any worse or different than the wastewater you dump every day?

In otherwords, I have no issue with O&G dumping WASTEWATER into rivers and streams. I do have issue with them dumping chemical wastes into rivers and streams, but I'm pretty sure that Trump isn't loosening those standards. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
GET OFF OUR PORCH YOU DAMN HOOLIGAN FACTS!!!! YOU AREN'T WELCOME HERE!

When I was vice mayor the EPA changed the drinking water regulations regarding disinfectant and their byproducts. This caused us a lot of consternation getting compliant. I know way too much now about TOC (Total Organic Carbon) and how it reacts with Chlorine to create byproducts. You know those simple things like Haloacetic acids and trihalomethanes and the chemistry to manage them in a water distribution system.

But I'm sure that Toon knows much more about that process than me. Guess what Toon? Most likely your local municipality injects ammonia into your drinking water. Are you okay with that? Of course they do it so that it binds with the free chlorine to create chloramine in order to prevent the above byproducts from happening. Do you want to know about the sampling processes as well?

But what do I know? It's not like I work for a major oil company or have any experience with EPA regulations regarding clean water.

Here is a little light reading if he actually wanted to educate himself:
https://nepis.epa.gov/Exe/ZyPDF.cgi?Dockey=P1009Q0H.txt
https://www.epa.gov/dwreginfo/public-water-systems-disinfection-byproducts-and-use-monochloramine
https://www.epa.gov/dwreginfo/stage-1-and-stage-2-disinfectants-and-disinfection-byproducts-rules

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT