ADVERTISEMENT

Rita Blanco national grasslands

Pokes15

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2006
@panhndlpoke Are there any mulies out there worth chasing? A buddy of mine and I in Edmond were thinking about making a trip up there mid-December to mess around and see if we could spot and stalk some mule deer.

Appreciate it. Not a whole lot of recent stuff on the interwebs regarding deer hunting up in that area.

Still working on this. Haven’t been able to get a hold of the guy I think will be able to give you good information

Ok, according to the game ranger. On the public land in Oklahoma, there isn't much deer on it. He said they check in about 1 deer per year from the grasslands. He didn't have much information on Texas or New Mexico, but didn't think the public land would be much better. He said if you could get access to private land, you might do much better but said most of it was now leased up and it's hard to get permission to hunt it.

He said if you took a week off from work and spent it hunting deer, he'd be surprised if you saw ONE. He did say it's pretty good antelope country.

Thanks for the info, very much appreciated. Looks like you saved me a trip...

Sorry. I love to explore new areas so I was curious too. Might be better up somewhere in Kansas or out by Kenton areas if there is any public lands there.

ADVERTISEMENT