ADVERTISEMENT

Riot Police in Portland Resign in Mass.

Dave, your blithe, tacit approval of the situation there is just mind boggling.
It's a good thing that in real life I am not casual nor passive in my disapproval of city leadership.

In this instance, the cops have been put in a near-impossible situation and rightfully should not put themselves in a position of being personally accountable for implementing flawed policy.

It's a good thing that in real life I am not casual nor passive in my disapproval of city leadership.

In this instance, the cops have been put in a near-impossible situation and rightfully should not put themselves in a position of being personally accountable for implementing flawed policy.
Good to hear that. I won't think of you as a perfunctory automaton ever again. ;)

You mean it's more than just a few broken windows and Trump's fault?

I understand that is what they do in shitholes. Glad to know you are prepared.

Thats called being prepared. People that live in a shithole are not prepared.
We don't have power outages here unless a Thunder Storm or Tornado knocks down some power lines. Ever been stuck in a house without power during the Summer in the South after a bad storm? You would be crying within 5 mins.

• Haha
Reactions: iasooner2000
I don't know if you are a voter in Portland or another municipality. But it it obvious that the people in charge of Portland belong to the party you support. How do reconcile that?
I don't live in the city limits, literally just outside so no I don't vote in the municipal elections. And your correct, that my support would have gone to Ted despite Ted being a complete waste of space. You should take a look at who his opponent was...

Reactions: AC2020
Thats called being prepared. People that live in a shithole are not prepared.
We don't have power outages here unless a Thunder Storm or Tornado knocks down some power lines. Ever been stuck in a house without power during the Summer in the South after a bad storm? You would be crying within 5 mins.
Dude, I grew up in Cushing Oklahoma.

I don't know if you are a voter in Portland or another municipality. But it it obvious that the people in charge of Portland belong to the party you support. How do reconcile that?

Dude, I grew up in Cushing Oklahoma.

A hell of a lot better place than Portland.
And probably better off that you left. Any Family there that groans when you plan a visit?

A hell of a lot better place than Portland.
And probably better off that you left. Any Family there that groans when you plan a visit?
Everyone is out of there, I end up at a friend's place or a hotel when I go back for a game. Once upon a time, I fantasized about retiring to Stilly, not so much now.

Everyone is out of there, I end up at a friend's place or a hotel when I go back for a game. Once upon a time, I fantasized about retiring to Stilly, not so much now.

I hear ya. Lots of places I thought I wanted to live when I was younger, now not so much.
When we moved here last year I heard two of the movers talking. One said this is a nice house and the other one said yeah but why the hell would anyone want to live so far out in the sticks. They were both in their 20's
I said when you get older you will understand.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT