ADVERTISEMENT

Ringer vs Bo

Mrgrapple

2nd Team
Sep 8, 2006
I know Dieringer is the smaller man but I think he will give Bo all he wants and maybe then some.

So this is kind of interesting, the PSU RTC is hosting their own event. Basically them vs the rest of the country. It's not limited to post grads either, as Kerkvliet is scheduled to compete.

It's going to be streamed on the NLWC channel on Rokfin (bad news for Flo if PSU/Rokfin start their own streaming service). You can't accuse Sanderson of not being innovative.

From a competition standpoint I love it. From an eligibility and complaisance standpoint it’s crazy. If a CFB or MBB program tried to set up a semi-pro related feeder organization and do stuff like this it would be shut down before it even got started.

From a competition standpoint I love it. From an eligibility and complaisance standpoint it’s crazy. If a CFB or MBB program tried to set up a semi-pro related feeder organization and do stuff like this it would be shut down before it even got started.

I agree. I've posted about RTCs plenty and no one wants to read another one of my rants. Just don't see them changing anytime soon.

The interesting thing about this event though is could it lead to a pro league for RTCs (post grads only)? I wonder if there's a market for something like that.

I agree. I've posted about RTCs plenty and no one wants to read another one of my rants. Just don't see them changing anytime soon.

The interesting thing about this event though is could it lead to a pro league for RTCs (post grads only)? I wonder if there's a market for something like that.

They won’t go anywhere until the NCAA decides to care which I’m not sure will ever happen.

The setup, function and financial aspect of them are absolutely no question in violation of NCAA eligibility but they just don’t care.

Flo has already done events where partial lineups feature NCAA athletes not getting paid, and graduates receiving compensation, I doNt think this is too far off of that model if not entirely the same.

They won’t go anywhere until the NCAA decides to care which I’m not sure will ever happen.

The setup, function and financial aspect of them are absolutely no question in violation of NCAA eligibility but they just don’t care.
Shady Cael

Flo has already done events where partial lineups feature NCAA athletes not getting paid, and graduates receiving compensation, I doNt think this is too far off of that model if not entirely the same.

One difference is that half of the card features wrestlers from a single RTC. Going forward it's possible we could see something like PSU vs Iowa or Michigan vs Cornell.

If our RTC still had JO & Alex, we could roll out something like this against PSU (if college guys compete):

Daton vs Gilman
Kaid vs RBY
Boo vs Nick Lee
JO vs Zain
Travis vs Joe Lee (or Vincenzo)
Dustin vs Brooks
Alex vs Taylor
AJ vs Beard (or Nickal)
Derek White vs Snyder (or Cassar)

Reactions: BigD_cowboy
I like freestyle better than folk style. I do wish actual scored points would hold criteria over shot clock points. But this is very rare like 1 of 1000 matches in freestyle actually end 1-1.

I like freestyle better than folk style. I do wish actual scored points would hold criteria over shot clock points. But this is very rare like 1 of 1000 matches in freestyle actually end 1-1.

Agreed but what isn’t rare is the arbitrary nature of putting guys on the shot clock or after big moves a review process and the seemingly random or head scratching awarding of points.

The mat officials have to much influence on freestyle and until that changes it will C.J. time to miss the casual fan.

This seems to be taking off. PSU has been having events monthly. Iowa held one. Wisconsin & UNC each have one scheduled. Now this...

Won't happen I know, but with everyone having RTC duals, how about this one, us vs ISU...

57 kg - Daton vs Colon
57 kg - Burks vs Attasauov (Russian dude)
61 kg - Witcraft vs Gomez (someone's getting thrown)
65 kg - Kaid vs Parker
70 kg - Boo vs Degen
74 kg - Wittlake vs Carr
79 kg - Plott vs Colbray
92 kg - AJ vs Bastida
100 kg - White vs Gadson

Reactions: osu2082
Won't happen I know, but with everyone having RTC duals, how about this one, us vs ISU...

57 kg - Daton vs Colon
57 kg - Burks vs Attasauov (Russian dude)
61 kg - Witcraft vs Gomez (someone's getting thrown)
65 kg - Kaid vs Parker
70 kg - Boo vs Degen
74 kg - Wittlake vs Carr
79 kg - Plott vs Colbray
92 kg - AJ vs Bastida
100 kg - White vs Gadson
Looks pretty close. I think we would have a pretty good chance, depending on the versions of wrestlers we get that day. Kaid and Boo can be giant killers when on ....

Ringer’s Knee didn’t show any sign of injury as a spectator and coach at the RTC duals this weekend. Made me think that his acl injury was not a complete tear. Maybe he will be back on the mats by Olympic Trials.

Ringer’s Knee didn’t show any sign of injury as a spectator and coach at the RTC duals this weekend. Made me think that his acl injury was not a complete tear. Maybe he will be back on the mats by Olympic Trials.
He's 6 weeks out and walking.He will be 6 months at Trials he's gonna try it.Just sounds like a terrible idea to me

He's 6 weeks out and walking.He will be 6 months at Trials he's gonna try it.Just sounds like a terrible idea to me

I agree. He'll be just shy of 6 months post surgery. That's about when Kerkvliet tore his ACL a 2nd time. Seems like Alex should heal up and focus on the World Championships in Oct back down @ 79 kg.

That said, it's tough for these guys not to chase their Olympic dreams. Nico Megaludis tore his ACL in Feb, seven months out from surgery. IMO, when healthy, Nico is a legitimate threat to win the 57 kg spot. He was going to compete without getting it fixed again, but then decided to get the 2nd surgery in Sep.

I agree. He'll be just shy of 6 months post surgery. That's about when Kerkvliet tore his ACL a 2nd time. Seems like Alex should heal up and focus on the World Championships in Oct back down @ 79 kg.

That said, it's tough for these guys not to chase their Olympic dreams. Nico Megaludis tore his ACL in Feb, seven months out from surgery. IMO, when healthy, Nico is a legitimate threat to win the 57 kg spot. He was going to compete without getting it fixed again, but then decided to get the 2nd surgery in Sep.
Just know to many people who didn't wait long enough and tore it again.Nico terrible what happened to him.

Just know to many people who didn't wait long enough and tore it again.Nico terrible what happened to him.

Nico seems like a good guy. Hope he stays healthy.

Kaid Brock is another guy that tried to come back too soon. He was about 5 months out from surgery when he had a setback. Fortunately, he was granted a 6th year.

Nico seems like a good guy. Hope he stays healthy.

Kaid Brock is another guy that tried to come back too soon. He was about 5 months out from surgery when he had a setback. Fortunately, he was granted a 6th year.
Flo's 150 bracket tonight did not go well for us with Oliver losing in the final seconds giving up his leg again with a 1 point lead and getting controlled out of bounds to lose the match to Pantaleo. Jordan did lots of faking shots but only got 1 takedown. He lost 4 to 4. Pantaleo lost in the semi's to James Green 4 to 2. Green against Bajrang from India in the finals.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT