ADVERTISEMENT

Republicans now have a clear path as to what they need to do in 2024....

OKSTATE1

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Edmond, Oklahoma
My synopsis of the 2020 and 2022 elections...

1. After Trump lost in 2020, I said then Trump and the Republican party needed to move on because suburban housewives and many other women would NEVER vote for him again. The party needed to move on from him after 2020. I voted for Trump twice, I don't see him as electable. Would I vote for him in 2024? Yes, but it will be a waste of time, he will not win in 2024 running against a monkey.

2. I have been saying for 2 years DeSantis really needs to be the Republican nominee in 2024.

3. DeSantis is the exact type of Republican, that Republicans need to be running in 2024 across all states and elections. DeSantis pulled votes across all demographics and party affiliations. DeSantis did not run as a MAGA Republican. He ran as a conservative that does exactly what he tells those who elect him he is going to do. He is not abrasive like Trump, he eviscerates his opponents calmly with better logic, facts, and opinions. He does not defeat his opponents by name calling or hate language, he destroys them in a debate on the merits of the subject matter.

4. DeSantis knows how government works, and unlike Trump he actually fired people in Florida that was not on board with him and he did it fast. Trump never drained the swamped, he left too many leftist turds in the DOJ, IRS, FBI, and military.

5. Trump calling DeSantis names days before he was up for election and that should be the end of Trump in the Republican party, no clearer sign that Trump is all about Trump and not the party and its conservative goals. Trump lost the last election not over policies, but because he was unlikable by some of those who voted for him in 2016. Trump attacking DeSantis days before an election should make Trump persona non grata in the Republican party.

6. Those that believe Trump gets to decide if he runs and if gets the nomination don't understand our political system IMO. You have to earn that nomination. If Republicans nominate Trump thru the primary system and voting? They will deserve the defeat they will receive in 2024. Republicans will decide thru the primary process who their nominee is, not Trump.

7. Does DeSantis want to run? That is the real question, the country really needs him in my opinion. His performance in Florida was historically significant, it proves conservative values combined with great leadership can still gain votes across a wide demographic and political affiliations. If he does not run? We need those who handled the DeSantis campaign assisting the campaign of the top Republican nominee in 2024.

8. Trump on the 15th should announce he is not running and quietly fundraise for the Republican party and stop endorsing candidates. Focus should not be on individuals but conservative policies and fixing what is wrong in this country.

9. Abortion? Republicans need to allow exceptions for rape, incest, and protecting the life of the mother and allow states to make their own decisions on the issue. In Oklahoma right now there is no exceptions and Stitt said if the legislature passed a law allowing those exceptions he would sign it. if that is true, why did Stitt not sign the law and return it for those exceptions to be added? Dims will use this to keep women voting Dim, and when a state like Oklahoma has no exceptions? They can use the scare tactic the intent for the whole country is to not have any exceptions.

10. Trump cost Republicans the Georgia senate seat in 2020, had Republicans won that seat, leftists would not have caused massive inflation by getting drunk on $1.9T in spending. Think about that. Grid lock for Joe's last 2 years will be a good thing, perhaps no more harm can be done and it buys time.

11. The election last night should leave complete CLARITY and the road map of what Republicans need to do in 2024, that IS the gift that the election last night provides to Republicans. We KNOW the platform DeSantis represents resonates in a huge way. Up to Republican leadership and voters to make the move.

Last edited:
We KNOW the platform DeSantis represents resonates in a huge way.
Do we know this to be true nationally though?

Yes, Trump's Mini-Me had a very good night last night in Florida. Received around 4.6 million votes. But Trump has also won Florida twice. 5.6 million votes for Trump in 2020, up from 4.6 million votes for Trump in 2016. 2018 was also a good year for Trump Republicans in Florida, for the most part. Nationally though, other than 2016, it was a different story.

DeSantis is untested on the national stage. The rest of the country where he is going to need to win isn't like what Florida has become. His mixture of Trumpism and Christian nationalism isn't going to play as well around the rest of the country as it does in Florida. Trump found this out in 2020. He found it out again last night.

Little Duce may end up being fool's gold for you right-wingers.

Reactions: davidallen

Yes, Trump's Mini-Me had a very good night last night in Florida. Received around 4.6 million votes. But Trump has also won Florida twice. 5.6 million votes for Trump in 2020, up from 4.6 million votes for Trump in 2016. 2018 was also a good year for Trump Republicans in Florida, for the most part. Nationally though, other than 2016, it was a different story.

DeSantis is untested on the national stage. The rest of the country where he is going to need to win isn't like what Florida has become. His mixture of Trumpism and Christian nationalism isn't going to play as well around the rest of the country as it does in Florida. Trump found this out in 2020. He found it out again last night.

He is tested on the national stage, his state did far better than California, Michigan, Illinois, NY, etc... during COVID. You would have to be a moron to not see Florida did better both economically and educationally under his leadership. You had AOC and other Dim politicians going without masks and vacationing in Florida. There is a max exodus of people from NY to Florida. His handling of the hurricane was impressive.

You leftists are not going to be able to run against Trump forever, and eventually the crime wave and the economy will resonate. Unless you Dims like a lower standard of living and unsafe living conditions. You all that stupid? It appears you could be.

Though Florida is a weird state, they have a wide range of demographics, that I think can be generalized. I am not a right-winger, and I think DeSantis can bring a wide draw.

He is tested on the national stage
Not politically. He has never ran a national political campaign. He is untested nationally.

You would have to be a moron to not see Florida did better both economically and educationally under his leadership.
I disagree with both of these assumptions, especially the latter. But I understand this is how Little Duce presents it and just as Republicans did with his mentor (Trump), they are going to buy what Mini-Me is selling.

You leftists are not going to be able to run against Trump forever
You act like changing from Trump to his Mini-Me is a big change for Republicans. It isn't. Just a new face, but still the same message. Trumpism, Christian nationalism, neo-fascism, etc.

Though Florida is a weird state, they have a wide range of demographics, that I think can be generalized. I am not a right-winger, and I think DeSantis can bring a wide draw.
With the exceptions of a few areas in Florida, Florida has essentially become like the other Deep South states politically. Florida isn't the Florida of old. Christian nationalism is running amok down here (especially in Northern Florida and Southwest Florida) just as it is in other Deep South states.

With that said, I'm not really claiming that Little Duce couldn't bring a wide draw. I'm sure he will be able to, especially if he wins the nomination. I'm questioning his ability to win where Trump didn't win in 2020.

Democrats and the MSM will paint any Republican that runs as the next Trump or whatever poll tested phrase works on the morons so what does it matter. I will agree Trump needs to step aside, his policies were pretty damn good but his personality infuriates his fellow narcissists on the left.
Republicans in Congress just need to block the ridiculous leftist policies to keep the damage down to a minimum, investigate and expose Biden, the DOJ/FBI and set up another run in 24.

• Haha
Reactions: davidallen
What Republican has that would be better?
Well that depends. Are you asking what candidate Republicans have that "I" think would be a strong general election candidate or a candidate Republicans have that will be accepted by the Trump crowd, which controls the party right now?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT