ADVERTISEMENT

Republican candidate for president in 2024?

Mr.OSU

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jun 18, 2003
Who you prefer? I like Ron DeSantis with Nikki Haley as vp is my pick. I think DeSantis has some of the Trump bravado with more tact. Haley as vp to try and win back middle class moderate women. Would imagine they probably have some buyers remorse.

No thanks on Haley.
It’s as much about political strategy as anything else. Unfortunately in politics you can’t always choose who you would prefer for vp. You can consider will this have any sway for voters. Pence was chosen due to his calm demeanor that would balance out Trump. I didn’t think he was the best choice, but for vote gaining purposes he might have been.

Who you prefer? I like Ron DeSantis with Nikki Haley as vp is my pick. I think DeSantis has some of the Trump bravado with more tact. Haley as vp to try and win back middle class moderate women. Would imagine they probably have some buyers remorse.
Sub in Kristi Noem for veep.
She's steady, stable and smart as a whip.

I wish she'd whip me.
I've been ornery. ;)

I like DeSantis but after Haley proved she has no principles I'm not real keen on her. Maybe someone like Tim Scott or Kristi Noem for VP.

If Trump runs I will vote for him if he is the Republican candidate just as a F/U to the left.

I like DeSantis but after Haley proved she has no principles I'm not real keen on her. Maybe someone like Tim Scott or Kristi Noem for VP.

If Trump runs I will vote for him if he is the Republican candidate just as a F/U to the left.
If not for age I would be tempted to vote for trump. I loved his fight against the leftist mob. At times I wished he would have been more tactful, but I also realize that is difficult when under constant assault from a propaganda machine. I think it’s time to move on to a younger head of the party. DeSantis has a lot of the qualities that I liked about about trump, but it is more measured in what he says.

Either Tromp, or DeSantis, or Noem- But there ain't no way we make it to the election without something huge happening in this country

Go look at the record of former Presidents who ran for office again, it is not good.

Trump permanently lost some voters who voted for him the first time and did not do so the second time, they are not coming back. These voters, voted on emotion which is what liberals do. But we do know these voters prefer a more conservative platform, they just need the right person.

I personally believe Trump is unelectable. I like most of Trump's policies, if he was smart he should allow the Republican party to take full ownership of the conservative platform and stop attaching his name to them.

You need someone to run that will do what Trump did while in office, that will actually do what they say on the campaign trail. You also need someone that can communicate in a manner that shows they are a forceful leader, but will not constantly insult people and take credit for literally EVERYTHING. Someone that can stay on message and not turn people off, someone that can get back those Trump voters. We need someone fully vetted that has no issues being a pedo or a womanizer. Gonna need women voters back.

I am still wishing a fantastic third party alternative was a great option. I am not happy with how either party in the House or Senate conducts themselves. I am never casting a vote for a progressive liberal, never.

They run Trump again it will feel like what the Dems would have done had they ran Hillary again.

How the parties are unable to come up with candidates with the complete package is beyond me, is it really THAT HARD?

Last edited:
Go look at the record of former Presidents who ran for office again, it is not good.

Trump permanently lost some voters who voted for him the first time and did not do so the second time, they are not coming back. These voters, voted on emotion which is what liberals do. But we do know these voters prefer a more conservative platform, they just need the right person.

I personally believe Trump is unelectable. I like most of Trump's policies, if he was smart he should allow the Republican party to take full ownership of the conservative platform and stop attaching his name to them.

You need someone to run that will do what did Trump in office, that will actually do what they say on the campaign trail. You also need someone that can communicate in a manner that shows they are a forceful leader, but will not constantly insult people and take credit for literally EVERYTHING. Someone that can stay on message and not turn people off, someone that can get back those Trump voters. We need someone fully vetted that has no issues being a pedo or a womanizer. Gonna need women voters back.

I am still wishing a fantastic third party alternative was a great option. I am not happy with how either party in the House or Senate conducts themselves. I am never casting a vote for a progressive liberal, never.

They run Trump again it will feel like what the Dems would have done had they ran Hillary again.

How the parties are unable to come up with candidates with the complete package is beyond me, is it really THAT HARD?
Trump GAINED 11 million voters over 2016.
He'd fair very well in 24.

Trump, DeSantis, Ric Grenell and Noem. My preferable ticket would be DeSantis and Noem......whoever the VP is they need to be seen as someone who deserves the presidency once the president is done with his 8.

If Tom Cotton or Josh Hawley were in the mix that would be okay as well.

Reactions: AC2020
Trump, DeSantis, Ric Grenell and Noem. My preferable ticket would be DeSantis and Noem......whoever the VP is they need to be seen as someone who deserves the presidency once the president is done with his 8.

If Tom Cotton or Josh Hawley were in the mix that would be okay as well.
I like noem, but lean towards DeSantis due to my belief he kills it in Florida and can flip back Georgia.....but who knows maybe the dems ‘find’ the votes again.

Reactions: AC2020

How many did Dems gain and how many of those previously voted for him?

He could repair the party so to speak by passing the torch. They could build even more support if Trump and the Republican Party does it right.

He'd also be 84 and subject to the same dementia that we're complaining about with Joe. If not clinical dementia, at a minimum normal decline of someone that age.

The party needs a younger candidate.
Trump likes DeSantis a lot. Any way he can put aside his ego and promote someone else?

Well, underestimate Trump's cult of personality at your peril.
He's a proven commodity that is as transparent as ever.
If he is deemed the ONLY one that can beat the dims, he'll run and he'll win.
The age thing doesn't preclude him from making good decisions.

Reactions: iasooner2000
He's a proven commodity that is as transparent as ever.
If he is deemed the ONLY one that can beat the dims, he'll run and he'll win.
The age thing doesn't preclude him from making good decisions.
I look at being president in your 80s like an nba player playing in his 40s. Sure a team might let you play, but it is very unlikely you could compete at the needed level. The mental task of being president might literally be the most taxing thing in the world.

This will not be seen as a positive and it will slowly destroy the party. It should be a party of conservative ideals that is bigger than any one person. Unfortunately, for some it might be becoming a cult, in which the goals and needs of the candidate are followed without question and the ideals of the party and the platform are secondary.

I will never vote for a liberal progressive in my life, and I will never want to become part of a cult that blindly approves of everything that comes out of a leader’s mouth.

I look at being president in your 80s like an nba player playing in his 40s. Sure a team might let you play, but it is very unlikely you could compete at the needed level. The mental task of being president might literally be the most taxing thing in the world.
You keep saying he'll be in his 80s?
Bullshit, he's only 74 now.
What the?

Reactions: iasooner2000
You keep saying he'll be in his 80s?
Bullshit, he's only 74 now.
What the?
By the end of his term? I would make a sooner math joke, but I think we are on the same political team on this board lol. I also want to so how much I respect older people. Every young person should be forced to spend time with older generations. There are a lot of lessons to be learned. Having said that Joe Biden in his condition should under no circumstances be president of the United States of America.

Last edited:
Man I started this idiocy about his age and apologize. 78 is still a bit old IMO though.
No big deal really.
If Methuselah could run on America first platform, he'd be my pick.

Biden, cognitively is a shell of his former self. which wasn't that stellar at his best.

Old Johnny Carson joke...
When Joe was running in 88, his handlers cautioned him about plagiarizing others quotes.
He replied, "The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself."

A record gain for an incumbent. Not all Trump. In Democrat debates, Beijing Biden promised economic stagnation and higher crime rates. Biden campaigned for Trump.

Trump won comfortably on Election Day. It's the three days after where Democrat controlled vote counts miraculously helped find a record 80 million votes for a stiff who never bothered to campaign for himself.

Voter fraud gave us our first undeniable illegitimate president. Most of us here gets it. Maybe all of except Syskatine

A record gain for an incumbent. Not all Trump. In Democrat debates, Beijing Biden promised economic stagnation and higher crime rates. Biden campaigned for Trump.

Trump won comfortably on Election Day. It's the three days after where Democrat controlled vote counts miraculously helped find a record 80 million votes for a stiff who never bothered to campaign for himself.

Voter fraud gave us our first undeniable illegitimate president. Most of us here gets it. Maybe all of except Syskatine
Damn right.
I'm not letting this topic die.
So illegal and egregious it was, for 4 years it'll be mentioned here.
Just a heads up for your edification.

Damn right.
I'm not letting this topic die.
So illegal and egregious it was, for 4 years it'll be mentioned here.
Just a heads up for your edification.
Everyone here gets it except Syskatine. No one here is more highly skilled than 2012Bearcat in making the simple even less complex. Where Bearcat fails miserably? Making the Sysk level slow understand is completely beyond Bearcat's reach.

Trump won the election on Election Day. Some states set aside state election laws after and counted enough "votes" to elect a stiff who can't draw 5 dozen humans to a campaign rally.

There is nothing hard here. This is excruciatingly simple. This is not quantum physics.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT