ADVERTISEMENT

Reno?

ionel

Starter
Jan 5, 2008
Do any know if they are actually taking starters to Reno? With Cornel Fri evening seems unlikely they'd want to travel & weigh in Sun am and then a tough SS a couple weeks later.

Trying to make travel plans, would go if starters really intend to face PSU at Reno.

Do any know if they are actually taking starters to Reno? With Cornel Fri evening seems unlikely they'd want to travel & weigh in Sun am and then a tough SS a couple weeks later.

Trying to make travel plans, would go if starters really intend to face PSU at Reno.
Unless things have changed in the last few week, we are taking all our starters and a few others. Joe probably won't be wrestling there, I would think he needs a few weeks if not more to wrestle in a tournament..

Last edited:
Unless things have changed in the last few week, we are taking all our starters and a few others. Joe probably won't be wrestling there, I would think he needs a few weeks if not more to wrestle in a tournament..
So the Oklahoma state starters are wrestling at Cornell, Reno, and the scuffle?

ahh ... what weight and you are doing 1 hour weigh-ins? :0
No, and other than the Cornell dual and the second days of Midlands and the Scuffle, neither is anybody else!

Obviously, I'm not making weight, and I'm not wrestling, either. I meant my comment entirely tongue-in-cheek, and in all likelihood, so did you!

Reactions: oberebo
Based on Pitt, pretty safe assumption that Joe won't be wrestling Reno. Question still is, will all other starters (obviously depending individual minor "dings"). It just seems like difficult logistic with the late Fri night & earlier Sun am, unless they already have a direct charter from SWO or if already booked direct tics on SW, etc. out of OKC?

ps: saved $s on the Sugar bowl :( so go $s for Reno :)

Per OSU online: Handful of Cowboys Head to Reno
In addition to the dual against Cornell, several other Cowboy wrestlers will compete this weekend. The Reno Tournament of Champions event takes place on Sunday in Reno, Nev. Among those competing will be Zac Gentzler (125), Eli Hale (125), Lincoln Lemon (133), Lincoln Olson (133), Tristan Moran (141), Boo Lewallen (141), Jonce Blaylock (149), Davey Dolan (157), Dalton Moran (157), Hestin Lamons (165), Jordan Rogers (174), Derek White(197) and Tanner Allen (HWT). Junior Geo Martinez (149) and freshman Wyatt Sheets (157) will compete unattached.

Per OSU online: Handful of Cowboys Head to Reno
In addition to the dual against Cornell, several other Cowboy wrestlers will compete this weekend. The Reno Tournament of Champions event takes place on Sunday in Reno, Nev. Among those competing will be Zac Gentzler (125), Eli Hale (125), Lincoln Lemon (133), Lincoln Olson (133), Tristan Moran (141), Boo Lewallen (141), Jonce Blaylock (149), Davey Dolan (157), Dalton Moran (157), Hestin Lamons (165), Jordan Rogers (174), Derek White(197) and Tanner Allen (HWT). Junior Geo Martinez (149) and freshman Wyatt Sheets (157) will compete unattached.
so....just these guys and no starters?

Would've been nice to see him against the Penn State kid
Which 1, The kid who was good in High School Mark Hall or 1 of their alternating starters Geno Morelli or Rasheed Shakur?

I saw on the Mat.com The high school star Mark Hall was NOT allowed to enter Midlands as there were no spaces available, but he WILL wrestle Wilkes on 12-22-16 and hopefully the Southern Scuffle if they allow him.

On another note will they pull his Redshirt later in the year? he is 8-1 according to wrestlestats.

Which 1, The kid who was good in High School Mark Hall or 1 of their alternating starters Geno Morelli or Rasheed Shakur?

I saw on the Mat.com The high school star Mark Hall was NOT allowed to enter Midlands as there were no spaces available, but he WILL wrestle Wilkes on 12-22-16 and hopefully the Southern Scuffle if they allow him.

On another note will they pull his Redshirt later in the year? he is 8-1 according to wrestlestats.
I was referring to Morreli and Rasheed. Rasheed isn't going though. I don't expect them to pull Halls redshirt don't see the necessity for them to do it

Hall is very special and could very well be a four time champ even if his career starts this year. I would hate to think that PSU feels so confidant that they will win the title with him in redshirt. He could fill one of the holes they have in their lineup.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT