ADVERTISEMENT

Reno Worlds in Tulsa

lookleft goright

2nd Team
Jan 21, 2012
What do you guys know about this tourney. It is in Tulsa next week and I have signed my son up. Well run? Good Competition? Will Tognetti's sister be there signing autographs?

Normally one of the biggest, toughest tournaments. But Covid, timing, training schedules, etc. may all affect size and quantity. But with Roller, you can bet that it will be run well and efficiently.

Can't promise you Tognetti's sister, but there are normally some large women around if that is your style and taste!

Reactions: lookleft goright
The Roller series events always have hammers...

If you look back at the past results, you tend to see a who's who of competitors who went on to huge things in the sport.

Hopefully COVID has not affected that depth too much this year.

Reactions: lookleft goright
The Roller series events always have hammers...

If you look back at the past results, you tend to see a who's who of competitors who went on to huge things in the sport.

Hopefully COVID has not affected that depth too much this year.
Reno lWorlds just started in the last hour and is being aired by Flo. Right now it is all the young wrestlers on the 12 mats 8 and under. There are over 200 wrestlers in the 18 and under division and about 350 in the 15 and under division. Wrestlers of note would include Blankenship in the 18 and under division and Jace Roller in the 15 and under division. I had heard that Haas was wrestling but he is not on the entry list.

Last edited:
Reno lWorlds just started in the last hour and is being aired by Flo. Right now it is all the young wrestlers on the 12 mats 8 and under. There are over 200 wrestlers in the 18 and under division and about 350 in the 15 and under division. Wrestlers of note would include Blankenship in the 18 and under division and Jace Roller in the 15 and under division. I had heard that Haas was wrestling but he is not on the entry list.
Oberebo, I watched Blankenship win by pin in each of the first 2 rounds and Roller won by pin in his first round match. Does anyone know who else in this tournament could be a Cowboy potential recruit?

Reactions: oberebo
Oberebo, I watched Blankenship win by pin in each of the first 2 rounds and Roller won by pin in his first round match. Does anyone know who else in this tournament could be a Cowboy potential recruit?
I am not knowledgeable enough to pick out wrestlers from other states but here are the Oklahoma entries in the 18 and under division; Kite Yancy 106,Guy Clevenger 113, Luke Collett 113, Shane Wolf 113, Casey Goss 120, Levi Buckridge 126, Charles Escalera 126, Matthew Garcia 126, Zach Blankenship 132, Jace Ellis 132,Hunter Fitzpatrick 132, Crease Hamblin 132, Christian Kaiser 132, Brandon Gauntt 138, Damian Mayton 138,
Christopher Moores 138,Garrett Washington 138, Drake Acklin 145, Braden Anderson 145,Bronson Burcham145, Jared Hill 145, Hudson Neeley 145, Jaylon Otero 145, Noah Smith 152, Ryan Allred 160,Logan Bibb 160, AJ Heeg 160, Dayton Hill 160, Ashton Zellers 160, Keedin Crockett 170, Neko Macias 170, Kohner Gallagher 195, Frank Morales 195, Whitne Azlin 285 Gavin Daniels 285, Marquonn Journey 285. There are 89 Oklahoma wrestlers in the 15 and under. The 6,8,10 & under wrestle again this morning and 18 and under wrestle from 1:30-4:30 this afternoon and the 15 & under wrestle from 6-9 this evening. The 18 and 15 & under wrestle the finals at 10AM Sunday. I watched off and on yesterday and as Harley said Blankenship and Roller all had pins. I did not see anyone at 135 pounds in the 15 & under that could defeat Roller but we will see.

Reactions: Harleycowboy
I am not knowledgeable enough to pick out wrestlers from other states but here are the Oklahoma entries in the 18 and under division; Kite Yancy 106,Guy Clevenger 113, Luke Collett 113, Shane Wolf 113, Casey Goss 120, Levi Buckridge 126, Charles Escalera 126, Matthew Garcia 126, Zach Blankenship 132, Jace Ellis 132,Hunter Fitzpatrick 132, Crease Hamblin 132, Christian Kaiser 132, Brandon Gauntt 138, Damian Mayton 138,
Christopher Moores 138,Garrett Washington 138, Drake Acklin 145, Braden Anderson 145,Bronson Burcham145, Jared Hill 145, Hudson Neeley 145, Jaylon Otero 145, Noah Smith 152, Ryan Allred 160,Logan Bibb 160, AJ Heeg 160, Dayton Hill 160, Ashton Zellers 160, Keedin Crockett 170, Neko Macias 170, Kohner Gallagher 195, Frank Morales 195, Whitne Azlin 285 Gavin Daniels 285, Marquonn Journey 285. There are 89 Oklahoma wrestlers in the 15 and under. The 6,8,10 & under wrestle again this morning and 18 and under wrestle from 1:30-4:30 this afternoon and the 15 & under wrestle from 6-9 this evening. The 18 and 15 & under wrestle the finals at 10AM Sunday. I watched off and on yesterday and as Harley said Blankenship and Roller all had pins. I did not see anyone at 135 pounds in the 15 & under that could defeat Roller but we will see.
Blankenship just picked up his 3rd straight pin at 132.

Blankenship just picked up his 3rd straight pin at 132.
Blankenship got an injury default less than a minute into his match when he secured a takedown and was riding and trying to turn it into a spladle and the other guy apparently had a muscle pull and could not recover. He is in the semis.

Blankenship got an injury default less than a minute into his match when he secured a takedown and was riding and trying to turn it into a spladle and the other guy apparently had a muscle pull and could not recover. He is in the semis.
Not sure who will have in the finals as can not pull up a bracket but it could be a wrestler named Joint from Lemore,California who is tall and skinny and looks awkward but he has won all of his matches and uses his length very much to his advantage. 15 and under starts in about 25 minutes.

Not sure who will have in the finals as can not pull up a bracket but it could be a wrestler named Joint from Lemore,California who is tall and skinny and looks awkward but he has won all of his matches and uses his length very much to his advantage. 15 and under starts in about 25 minutes.
Roller loses to Mason 7-3 to go into consos.

Zach Blankenship is wrestling for first at 132 pounds against Wayne Joint of LeMoore,California. Joint is from the home town of Chris Pendleton. There will be considerable height difference in this match.

Zach Blankenship is wrestling for first at 132 pounds against Wayne Joint of LeMoore,California. Joint is from the home town of Chris Pendleton. There will be considerable height difference in this match.
Blankenship takes 1st with a fall in 5:46 and I have to admit I missed the match and will have to see it on replay.

Reactions: osu2082
Jace Roller takes 5th in the 15 & under with a 5-1 victory.
Just watched the finals match. No score in first. Blankenship took down and escaped almost immediately for the only point in the 2nd period. In the 3rd Blankenship hit a double leg for a takedown and then put in a leg ride and pried him over for the fall with 14 seconds left in the match.Due to about a 6 inch height disadvantage Zach was hard pressed to get inside Joint's defense but the double was perfectly timed.

Just watched the finals match. No score in first. Blankenship took down and escaped almost immediately for the only point in the 2nd period. In the 3rd Blankenship hit a double leg for a takedown and then put in a leg ride and pried him over for the fall with 14 seconds left in the match.Due to about a 6 inch height disadvantage Zach was hard pressed to get inside Joint's defense but the double was perfectly timed.
Roller won 5-1. No score in the first period and he took down and escaped for1-0 lead. Martinson took down in the 3rd and was turned for two and in the waning seconds he was again turned for two before an escape which ended the match. Roller was noticeably smaller than his opponent.

Marquonn Journey also won. He moves well for a good sized heavy (weighed in @ 262 last month). I'd like to see us sign him if he's still uncommitted.

Has anyone heard about incidences of of Covid after this or any wrestling tournament this spring/summer?

Has anyone heard about incidences of of Covid after this or any wrestling tournament this spring/summer?

We wouldn’t know for a few weeks due to timing and testing from this particular tournament and even then it would be hard to really get a firm number I would guess.

We wouldn’t know for a few weeks due to timing and testing from this particular tournament and even then it would be hard to really get a firm number I would guess.
I do know that after the tournament in Shawnee a few weeks ago there has been a spike in cases in Pott. County and the number of deaths in Shawnee was 4 for many weeks and now has doubled to 8. It is hard correlate the spike and the tournament but My guess is there is a connection. Nik Turner the Shawnee wrestling coach would not allow his kids to enter.
I forbid Micco from entering this tournament so now his claim to fame is that he never lost to Zach Blankenship.:p

Last edited:
Yeah....unfortunately that’s not true. He beat me 3-1 a few years back, when he was 5. I still contend he cheated, but to this day he swears he didn’t. No video, so no way for me to contest the decision.

Reactions: osu2082 and oberebo
Yeah....unfortunately that’s not true. He beat me 3-1 a few years back, when he was 5. I still contend he cheated, but to this day he swears he didn’t. No video, so no way for me to contest the decision.
The shame of that match caused me to forget. Of course the running off the mat crying also helps. at 43, you were a precocious child and you claimed you had this mysterious disease that had the letters 19 in it. To my credit as a parent I had you wear a mask and many people complimented and thanked me for that.

Reactions: osu2082
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT