ADVERTISEMENT

Reno TOC

On Flo it reflects that Shomers lost by fall to Lawrence in 1:32 from Grandview in the quarters. I hope they got that backwards.

That is too bad. Not much depth at this tournament, but we are starting to see some competition in the semi finals.

I saw Whitlake lose in SV to the 4 seed from Old Dominion. Not a bad match, but one he could have won.

White wins dec. 11-4
Jacobe won by pin with a great throw and Joe Smith won by tech fall over Bahl. Wittlake lost 3 to 1 in overtime. His offense was nonexistent, which is a concern. Kaden won I think by tech fall, Kaid won by tech fall and Daton won by tech fall. Piccinini won by pin in the 1 st period. Rogers also won by pin to get to the semi's.

Last edited:
Jojo majors Drew Hughes of Michigan State. That's a pretty good win.

We will have an all Cowboy final 174. And both contenders will be J. Smith.

Brock loses dec. 5-4 to Wyoming
I have felt this all year that Kaid at 141 is not as quick and slick as he has been in the past. It looks to me like Kaden is a better answer at 141 if Boo goes to 49. Also Wittlake for some reason does not seem to be the wrestler I first thought he was when we got him to switch from Penn. St. We have not had good look getting commitment from Penn. St. to come to us. I remember thinking he would be our next Dieringer and posted that. It is still possible but he is struggling this past summer and this year.

I have felt this all year that Kaid at 141 is not as quick and slick as he has been in the past. It looks to me like Kaden is a better answer at 141 if Boo goes to 49. Also Wittlake for some reason does not seem to be the wrestler I first thought he was when we got him to switch from Penn. St. We have not had good look getting commitment from Penn. St. to come to us. I remember thinking he would be our next Dieringer and posted that. It is still possible but he is struggling this past summer and this year.
Kaid just isn't wrestling the full 7 minutes, he's in on shots and doesn't finish. His problems can still be fixed. Right now Gfeller might be better but he also might be the better 149lb.

Last edited:
From Christian Pyles:
Okstate weigh ins
Daton 132.8
Both J. Smith’s were 173.6
Geer is at 194!

Agreed on Wittlake. He was an elite recruit but his stock has plummeted after we signed him. Puzzling. Not expecting much from him, hopefully he can improve and get into the lineup next year.

Agreed on Wittlake. He was an elite recruit but his stock has plummeted after we signed him. Puzzling. Not expecting much from him, hopefully he can improve and get into the lineup next year.
Piccinini and Fix win this championship by decisions 4 to 1 and 10 to 4. Kaid takes 3rd with a tech fall. Gfeller beats Hone for the championship by major.

Last edited:
In
Piccinini and Fix win this championship by decisions 4 to 1 and 10 to 4. Kaid takes 3rd with at least a major decision and Gfeller beats Hone for the championship by major.
In the finals Blaylock loses to Fox 6 to 3 at 57. Rogers wins by 1st period pin. That was lousy they did not have Jacobi and Joe wrestle in the finals so probably co-champions or 1 forfeited to the other.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT