Redshirts

proud2bpokes

2nd Team
Gold Member
Feb 17, 2002
Updates on a few of our redshirts:

Colton Denney - 13-0 with 6 bonus points wins
Travis Wittlake - 12-0, 8 bonus
Anthony Montalvo - 15-1, 15 bonus (10 pins). He has been dominate since losing his second match.

At the moment, he is neither “our” or a “redshirt” but Tony Andrade is 13-2, 8 bonus. His losses have been to a Mizzu heavy that started some last year and JUCO (Aaron Pringle) that was a Florida state champ in 2013 and initially played JUCO football until injured. Andrade has beaten him the other two times they have wrestled.

Updates on a few of our redshirts:

Colton Denney - 13-0 with 6 bonus points wins
Travis Wittlake - 12-0, 8 bonus
Anthony Montalvo - 15-1, 15 bonus (10 pins). He has been dominate since losing his second match.

At the moment, he is neither “our” or a “redshirt” but Tony Andrade is 13-2, 8 bonus. His losses have been to a Mizzu heavy that started some last year and JUCO (Aaron Pringle) that was a Florida state champ in 2013 and initially played JUCO football until injured. Andrade has beaten him the other two times they have wrestled.

That Mizzou backup that Andrade lost to is solid. He is the only guy that Iowa's Cassioppi didn't pin this year (9-1 major).

Here is Andrade's other loss to the massive Aaron Pringle (starts around the 79 mark). As proud2bpokes pointed out, Andrade beat him the other 2x. Andrade could very well start at heavy for us next year.

I'm out of the loop on Andrade. Is he a guy we are wanting?

The JUCO championships are underway, Flo is streaming. Tony Andrade is into the quarters following 2 first period falls. NEO is currently in 2nd behind Clackamas.

Another 1st period pin for Andrade. I know it's JUCO but he's making it look too easy.

Is he a fresh or soph?

Freshman. He was a kid who sort of blew up his senior year in Cali as a 197 prospect upsetting slam nationally ranked guys. He has physically grown into a nice HWY prospect.

His goal and plan is to transfer to OSU.

There’s a guy that peaked late, went Juco ended up D2 then transferred Juco. He won everything as a senior, and already on his third school, I really have no idea what the story is there but dude can wrestle that’s for sure.

Last edited:
There’s a guy that peaked late, went Juco ended up D2 then transferred Juco. He won everything as a senior, and already on his third school, I really have no idea what the story is there but dude can wrestle that’s for sure.
Pat Downey? Lol

Did this Andrade kid wrestle against white in any open tournaments?

No, he didn't hit White or Putnam. Here are NEO's stats pre-nationals, including match by match results.

https://neoathletics.com/documents/2019/2/18/18.pdf

Boo Dryden (soph) also won a JUCO title for NEO last night. He's a tall 133, built kinda like Lizak. Not sure of his plans, but he might be a nice depth piece for us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT