ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Targets

I figure Rasheed is a long shot, but you think Cassar might not be back also? Thinking he moves on if he wins a title?

I wonder if this impacts AJ Ferrari in any way. Beard said a couple of weeks back that he weighs 210 and plans to go 197. Brooks has already said he plans to go 184/86 kg. That might make Rutgers & tOSU the main competition.
Didn't he say that his top 2 were us and Rutgers?

I figure Rasheed is a long shot, but you think Cassar might not be back also? Thinking he moves on if he wins a title?

I wonder if this impacts AJ Ferrari in any way. Beard said a couple of weeks back that he weighs 210 and plans to go 197. Brooks has already said he plans to go 184/86 kg. That might make Rutgers & tOSU the main competition.

I have heard and Cassar has briefly touched on it in interviews that he wants to move on to the next phase of his career.

Beard being a 197 definitely helps us with AJ. I do think Rutgers is the big competition. Suriano and Ahsnault missing out on NC's would also help our cause.

Didn't he say that his top 2 were us and Rutgers?

He sort of implied that, yeah. I think the question was which schools do you plan on visiting and he answered something like "Rutgers & OSU obviously, probably PSU & tOSU also".

osudog seems to have a good handle on these HS guys, so if he says tOSU is out, it's probably us & Rutgers. BTW, I've seen indications Rutgers is interested in Andrade also.

I like to do a quick check after nationals to see if prospective recruits tweet/retweet anything interesting. For us...

Braxton Amos - nothing noteworthy.
Purdue heavy - nothing noteworthy.
Tony Andrade - retweeted something from Rutgers coach Goodale. Nothing about us.
AJ Ferrari - a whole bunch of stuff - PSU, Rutgers, us, etc.

The last time I read the Iowa board, a tOSU poster said we had the edge for Victor Voinovich (157/165) #9 in the class of 2021. He retweeted something about Daton getting screwed.

I like to do a quick check after nationals to see if prospective recruits tweet/retweet anything interesting. For us...

Braxton Amos - nothing noteworthy.
Purdue heavy - nothing noteworthy.
Tony Andrade - retweeted something from Rutgers coach Goodale. Nothing about us.
AJ Ferrari - a whole bunch of stuff - PSU, Rutgers, us, etc.

The last time I read the Iowa board, a tOSU poster said we had the edge for Victor Voinovich (157/165) #9 in the class of 2021. He retweeted something about Daton getting screwed.
So does that mean Rutgers Is potentially the leader for Andrade?

Lucas Byrd decommitted from Maryland. I wonder if we recruit him?
I don't think we will because we have 2020 recruits Mastro and Burkes who will be in the same weight range. I saw Mastro beat Byrd, I believe at Super 32's. It was a last second takedown by Mastro to win, so Byrd is very good. We need to put our money at other weight classes (97). Plus if we Olympic redshirt Fix and he stays at 33 that means Mastro or Burkes will for a couple of years if 1 doesn't jump a bunch of weight.

I don't think we will because we have 2020 recruits Mastro and Burkes who will be in the same weight range. I saw Mastro beat Byrd, I believe at Super 32's. It was a last second takedown by Mastro to win, so Byrd is very good. We need to put our money at other weight classes (97). Plus if we Olympic redshirt Fix and he stays at 33 that means Mastro or Burkes will for a couple of years if 1 doesn't jump a bunch of weight.
Yeah I was thinking we prolly didn't need him. Sucks for Maryland though. He's a stud which is something they desperately need right now.

FRL said today that Esposito will interview for the Maryland job, I know he has his hand in recruiting especially on the east coast, that would be a huge blow if he gets it.

Obviously he is ready and fully capable of having his own program, the Flo guys did say that early rumblings are the Lock Haven coach is the front runner for that position.

Cade Lindsey is wrestling 170 this weekend at Virginia Beach. I’ll be watching the Freshman 195 bracket where Kaden Glass could have a couple kids I have coached against in London Ohios Antwun Burns, additionally he is opposite Ohio champ Seth Shumate.

Reactions: osudog
FRL said today that Esposito will interview for the Maryland job, I know he has his hand in recruiting especially on the east coast, that would be a huge blow if he gets it.
I would hate to lose him. He is a huge asset to our program but naturally I want him to succeed. Maryland is not my idea of moving up in the wrestling world but he could turn that program around with his recruiting ability.

Reactions: LANDONAMBERSOCCER
Cade Lindsey is wrestling 170 this weekend at Virginia Beach. I’ll be watching the Freshman 195 bracket where Kaden Glass could have a couple kids I have coached against in London Ohios Antwun Burns, additionally he is opposite Ohio champ Seth Shumate.

Saw Ethan Hatcher committed to Cornell. I don't believe he's ranked in the top 100 but I think he's a little bit of a sleeper.

What do you think about Gavin Stika - ceiling and weight? His dad & brother are over 250 and played football.

I always thought ESPO was coach in waiting, but that is just me.

I have also heard the scuttle about Perry. If there is some truth I would imagine John would do whatever he can to help get Espo a good HC job sometime in the future.

Perry from those who are around him has that "it" factor in every aspect and has been the driving force in our resurgence in national recruiting.

I have also heard the scuttle about Perry. If there is some truth I would imagine John would do whatever he can to help get Espo a good HC job sometime in the future.

Perry from those who are around him has that "it" factor in every aspect and has been the driving force in our resurgence in national recruiting.
Cade Lindsey won his first match in the Senior division with a 17-2 tech fall. He wrestles Marciniak from Georgia in his next match.

Reactions: JAY45 and osu2082
Glass beat Burns 5 to 2 and he got 2 takedowns to 0. Glass is rated 30 so he has to be good. I don't know how Glass did at State this year. He would need to develop a lot ( which would be expected) to be a real good Cowboy prospect. I don't know how Glass did at State this year. Somewhere I read he wrestled 235 and won an age group flo national tournament. I hope he gets a chance to wrestle the Ohio State Champ rated 27 Nationally.

I would have guessed maybe Coleman or the NC state guy.we need a big time northeast presence based on the number of wrestlers they put out.
Lindsey won his second match 11-4 but looked gassed in the 3rd period. Not exactly lightning quick even before gassing but looks good on top.

Josh Taylor from Skiatook just beat the #1 seed in the Junior 132 bracket @ folk nationals. Another one to watch. 2 time 5A champ.

Thanks for pointing that out, he has not been on my radar. I just went over to track and he was in the quarters at 132 and won his match 13 to 2.

Another pin, all 3 in under a minute.
Cade Lindsey wins 5-2 in round of 16 and in the quarters he wrestles Trey Munoz of California who is son of Mark Munoz Cowboy. Munoz is the 170 pound state champion in California and has committed to Arizona State. He is a senior.

Cameron Steed and Jordan Williams , both 9th graders from Collinsville, and state champs, are in the Semis. Spencer Schickram, senior from Ponca, will be top 8 also.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT