ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Targets

If true, Bergen Catholic would have #1 and 2 at 195. I’m sure either would do well at 220. Also, #4 and #12 at 113.

They've left Blair rumors are Bergen Catholic
In watching AJ he danced around a lot in neutral turning sideways like Ali. Just based on a few matches I thought he wrestled better his sophomore year at Allen Texas. I would sure like those brothers to become Cowboys.

In watching AJ he danced around a lot in neutral turning sideways like Ali. Just based on a few matches I thought he wrestled better his sophomore year at Allen Texas. I would sure like those brothers to become Cowboys.
More him just having fun with things and enjoying the sport more I wouldn't look to much into it as far as development

Reactions: 100TonsofOrangeFury
I think Ferrari is so much more athletic than most 195s that his style appears unorthodox. Besides that straight up stance, he also has a blast double from his knees that is very effective. I think he has a huge upside because of that athleticism.

Older Mastro drops a tie breaker match to freshman stud Joey Cruz at WNO duals. He's been up & down a bit this year, but I still believe he will be excellent in college.

Freshman Rylan Rogers wins by pin (like his cousins) at 160.

Both Mastro & Rogers were wearing OSU headgear.
In watching older Mastro's match against St Edwards Willie said he has been sick for quite a period of time which would include Beast and Geary. Whatever sick means so maybe his losses fit with this being sick some. Wrassler is right to watch Rylan Rogers although he got beat pretty bad by Dover who is a highly rated senior who won super 32 beating Balmaceda fairly easily in the finals, if I remember right.

In watching older Mastro's match against St Edwards Willie said he has been sick for quite a period of time which would include Beast and Geary. Whatever sick means so maybe his losses fit with this being sick some. Wrassler is right to watch Rylan Rogers although he got beat pretty bad by Dover who is a highly rated senior who won super 32 beating Balmaceda fairly easily in the finals, if I remember right.

Harley, I liked the way Rogers battled in that match. The best part for me was when Dover got the reversal in the 3rd and shoved Rogers out of bounds. Rogers gave him a good club to the head.

The Ferraris released a statement - a very good statement I thought - Bergen Catholic it is.

They indicated both AJ & Anthony will wrestle up in weight, so as to not disrupt the lineup.

Last edited:
The Ferrari's released a statement - a very good statement I thought - Bergen Catholic it is.

They indicated both AJ & Anthony will wrestle up in weight, so as to not disrupt the lineup.
They are a Extremely Classy family and very Private about the recruiting process for Their Boys. They won’t be pushed in a direction that they don’t want to go. It’s refreshing to see a family stand on strong morals . Great family

Reactions: Wrassler17
The key line in their statement for OSU fans would be the following

"There were many lessons learned from this. We are sure this will impact our decision on which college to attend in 2020."

as an outside when i read this it screams - the fast and loose east coast city style is not what they are all about. They are about loyalty and family. Maybe this whole incident puts everything into perspective and its time to go back to their roots.

i saw them yesterday at Rutgers after the match talking with Coach Espo.

The key line in their statement for OSU fans would be the following

"There were many lessons learned from this. We are sure this will impact our decision on which college to attend in 2020."

as an outside when i read this it screams - the fast and loose east coast city style is not what they are all about. They are about loyalty and family. Maybe this whole incident puts everything into perspective and its time to go back to their roots.

i saw them yesterday at Rutgers after the match talking with Coach Espo.

I think they are going to go on lockdown on what Public Information they give out over recruiting for AJ now. I think A certain school pushed toooooo hardddd for him with outside help ( coaches ) and it backed fired on them by not knowing the Family values they believe in and their strong Ties to certain places

I think they are going to go on lockdown on what Public Information they give out over recruiting for AJ now. I think A certain school pushed toooooo hardddd for him with outside help ( coaches ) and it backed fired on them by not knowing the Family values they believe in and their strong Ties to certain places

I think OhSt is the team to beat with them right now.

Colt newton beat carter young 7-2 @the Yukon wrestling tourney 132lb.... young was aggressive but newton controlled the match. Back points were questionable but none the less both are quality recruits... Young is very talented

Reactions: osu2082
Colt Newton gets pinned in the finals by Caleb ray of Collinsville in Yukon finals. Ray I believe is a jr am very talented
Blair had a big dual with Wyoming Semanary Trevor Mastro beat the 12 th rated 120 7 to 1 ( looked good), younger Mastro won 3 to 2, and 160 Rogers got beat soundly.

Blair beat Bergen Catholic. Both Mastros won - Trevor beat transfer Dylan Cedeno. Anthony Ferrari bumped from 113 to 132 and lost 5-1 to Van Ness. AJ Ferrari won by tech at 220.

Will the Ferraris leaving Blair have an impact on our chances, was the rift with any one else we are high on?

That’s good news! I was listening to Askren interviewing Kyle Snyder on the Rudis podcast, he said some pretty interesting things about wanting to commit to VaTech as a junior and his dad wouldn’t let him until he visited Columbus when he went for his official at Ohio State they did a day long workout at the RTC for him with senior level athletes and that was the difference maker for him (no real surprise just confirming what we already know about the importance of that aspect to high level recruits) He also said PSU wanted him at heavyweight and he told them he was going to be a career 197 so they told KYLE SNYDER they didn’t have money for a 197. He also said OSU got in on him late but were strong enough to make him consider, he talked about phone calls with Espo being super positive.

H
That’s good news! I was listening to Askren interviewing Kyle Snyder on the Rudis podcast, he said some pretty interesting things about wanting to commit to VaTech as a junior and his dad wouldn’t let him until he visited Columbus when he went for his official at Ohio State they did a day long workout at the RTC for him with senior level athletes and that was the difference maker for him (no real surprise just confirming what we already know about the importance of that aspect to high level recruits) He also said PSU wanted him at heavyweight and he told them he was going to be a career 197 so they told KYLE SNYDER they didn’t have money for a 197. He also said OSU got in on him late but were strong enough to make him consider, he talked about phone calls with Espo being super positive.
Here was 1 of our problems the last 12 years, we got in late on a ton of super wrestlers. It appears to be changing in a positive way at this time.

Snyder committed during his junior year back in January 2013. You have to give Tom Ryan credit, even then he knew how to sell guys on the RTC.

Here's how I see that visit going...

Ryan: "Kyle, here are a couple of guys on the team around your weight - Nick Heflin and Nick Tavanello."
Snyder: "Uh-huh", seems bored and begins to look at his phone.

Ryan: "At tOSU, you'll be able to 'come from a dark place', 'reach your genetic potential', and then 'win the third (WT3)'."
Snyder: "What?", looks puzzled

Ryan: "Kyle, would you like to wrestle with world team members Tervel Dlagnev, JD Bergman, and Keith Gavin?"
Snyder : eyes light up

I think psu had McIntosh at 197 during that time. He was a stud too.

Flo updated their 2020 Big Board

Plott #2
Mastro #10
Doucet #24

AJ Ferrari #1
Jakason Burks #15
Julian Tagg #17
Luke Surber #54
Dominic Chavez #88

Reactions: osu2082
Just noticed a wrestler from Allen Texas named Trent Dooley that is a Junior and went from unranked with Flo to #44. Says he is committed to Little Rock, but that was before his big leap in the polls. Not sure if John is looking at him or what else we have around that weight for the future. With us having two of the top 10 already committed, Conner Doucett, and in on the number 1 recruit this could be a great year for us in recruiting.

Just noticed a wrestler from Allen Texas named Trent Dooley that is a Junior and went from unranked with Flo to #44. Says he is committed to Little Rock, but that was before his big leap in the polls. Not sure if John is looking at him or what else we have around that weight for the future. With us having two of the top 10 already committed, Conner Doucett, and in on the number 1 recruit this could be a great year for us in recruiting.
Let’s let Neil Erisman have the kid. I’ve been following him on twitter and he only has 6 wrestlers on the team currently. Hopefully he can build a great program in Arkansas

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT