ADVERTISEMENT

Recommendations for online data storage?

russgoodman

Starter
Mar 31, 2007
Cache, OK
Anyone use any of these things? We keep having random computer issues so my wife wants to find one of those online data storage sites so we can upload all my son's baby pics, etc so we don't lose them. She also has a photography business and wants to store pics from there as well. Figured someone here might have some experience with that kind of thing. Thanks.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

If it is mainly for pictures, DropBox has proven to be quite reliable so far.

If you're looking for free, Dropbox is really easy to use.

If you're wanting something that does more, I would look into Carbonite. It backs everything up automatically, and if something happens you download the software onto the new PC/reformatted hard drive and click the restore button and it will restore all your files for you.

She uses dropbox a lot for her business stuff. I use it a little for stuff here and there but never really thought of using it for long term storage. She did a trial of the carbonite. If she doesn't like it we will probably use the dropbox and upgrade to the paid version with more storage.

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Have you checked into the MyCloud? Looks like it runs like your own personal Dropbox but the hardware is yours and not shared with anyone else.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT