Kaid drops to 6th

Boo drops from the rankings and is replaced by G at 12th

Shomers drops out of the rankings

Rogers is moved to 165 and is now 6th

Jacobe is now 8th at 174

Geer enters the rankings at 14th

Weigel remains at 6th

White drops to 4th.

Flo has Cassar #2 at heavyweight. He beat Nevills at an Open so it appears he will get the nod for PSU until the Scuffle. Derek should get a shot at one of them or maybe even both.

Man, 133 is just brutal. Tariq Wilson is back there again (thought he might go up). Anyone want to take a guess at who ends up being an AA? Here are some of the guys there...

Daton
Gross
Micic
Suriano
Pletcher
Wilson
DeSanto
Arujau
Bridges
RBY
Gomez
Lizak
Parker
Erneste

tough weight to choose. I don't think Desanto makes AA, more faith in Lizak. Vito and Bridges probably out too, although just for Okla sake would like to see Montorie get another AA.

So is Penn States plan to start Cassar and try and get Nevills a 6th year?

Not sure. Based on their injury histories I think it's more likely that Cassar gets a 6th year.

How do the transfer rules work? Could Nevills transfer at the end of the semester and then compete for another school starting in January? If so, ASU would be a good fit with Hall redshirting.

Last year we were really hurt by injuries. I hope that does not happen again this year. Preston really concerns me, now Boo, and Joe has history of knee problems that could very much be involved in Joe question marks. I was concerned about having 5 good wrestlers in the first 4 weight classes but that looks good now.

I wish okstate.com would have asked Coach smith about Jojo during media day today. Doesn't sound like Preston will be back anytime soon...

I wish okstate.com would have asked Coach smith about Jojo during media day today. Doesn't sound like Preston will be back anytime soon...
I think with Boo if he has a bad shoulder in need of surgery, he should do the surgery. If I remember right he lost his first year to injury which went as a redshirt but if he lost this year to injury he could be eligible for a 6th year of competition? A real bad shoulder makes wrestling which is very difficult if fairly healthy almost impossible. I'm sure this will be assessed and decisions made.

Somebody said he was limping in the finals at OCU. John said Mardsen would be wrestling "for awhile."

Sounds like Boo will be out 3-6 weeks.

Are there any links? I looked at okstate.com and youtube last night when I saw BigD_cowboy's post, but I didn't see anything.

Thanks. Surprised there was nothing about Joe. Once we knew Daton was going 133, Joe became the biggest question. Would also like to know if we got a volunteer coach. I saw Alex traveled with the team this weekend, maybe he's the new assistant.

Sounds like Joe will challenge one of the guys at either 165 or 174. He needs to show he can stay healthy as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT