ADVERTISEMENT

Question For The Most Loyal Of The Trump Faithful

Two points I would make in response:

1). I assume from your reply you are conceding that I understand the Trump supporter better than you thought.

2). It is not enough in politics or the administration of government to support someone only for what he is against. It is crucial that one knows what is being advocated, not just opposed.

For example:

The Chinese were against Chiang Kai-Shek, and welcomed Mao with open arms. They had not bothered to understand what he was for.

The Russians thought they had had their fill with the Czar. They had not bothered to understand what Lenin and Associates stood for.

The Cubans thought Bautista was a brutal dictator (they were right about that), and so they supported the guy who was against him. Little did they realize they were trading tyranny for more tyranny.

The point is it is not enough to support someone because of what he tells you he’s against. If you support him you should know what he’s for. I do not think the majority of Trump supporters could tell us what he was for, only what he was against. I’m not suggesting Trump would become a maniacal murderer of his own people. I’m am suggesting that’s how a surprising number of maniacal killers come to power. Our Founding Fathers advised us to be ever vigilant. I think vigilance/protecting our liberty has fallen way down the list of priorities for too many Americans, mainly those on the left, but the Trump faithful are a little lax in that regard as well.
I know for certain that Trump is not a marxist tyrant, and the only people who profess to have anything to fear from Trump are people who I would prefer not to have around anyway. I think the country would be far better off without them. I guess you could say that I'm "for" their absence from the USA.

I think I understand perfectly well why people support Trump. It is crystal clear in your remarks. Most people support Trump for what he tells them he is AGAINST. He is against leftist big government statism and he’s not shy about saying so. He stands up to the leftists in ways never seen by most Republicans. He “don’t take no shit” off them. And that is exhilarating for all of us, me included. His defiance against the leftist mob is so different from what we have traditionally seen by establishment Republicans. I understand that perfectly well.

But I would argue very few Trump supporters (not you, obviously) could tell us what Trump stands FOR beyond sound bite excerpts from what they have heard. I think very few Trump supporters could go into depth as to what are his policies, why they matter, and what they actually represent philosophically. I think that is in large part because Trump has never bothered to explain such things, probably because he has never bothered to think about them himself, relying solely on his “gut instinct” as he has told us many times.

In that regard the Trump supporters are pretty similar to their leftist counterparts who have not thought deeply about what their leftist advocacy represents beyond pie in the sky.

I know it drives most Trump supporters into fury to hear that, but I’m offering up my opinion on an opinion board. Most supporters of statist politicians do not think very far past the utopian promises their leaders give them. That applies to Trump supporters to the same degree as the Bernie Bros.
Did I not really convey very well why we stand with him in my last post? Border? Child Trafficking priority, Middle East peace? Animal cruelty Felony?' Pisses the left off? Pro military and pro life? Man I could go on- he had me at pro life and hard on child
Traffickers

I'm not sure what you're sayin-it seems like a slight to MAGA without proof why we shouldn't MAGA? He is most everything the vile corrupt DC swamp (both sides) isn't - he represents us- ALMOST NONE of DC Scum sucking bureaucrats REPRESENTS US...just a few. And the ones that do represent us ...the other vultures corrupt them fast as they can. (Kinda like The Firm- so they can blackmail them...... why Do you think That no one is held accountable? They'd have to arrest 90 percent of them)

Keep building the damn fence around DC and shut it all down. If you nice people don't want to fire them all- then at least shut it down and FRIGGIN make them come home where they have to be around us more. I say fire every damn one of them and start over.
We letting a square football field area
Sell us out and we are doing nothing about it- We let the one (DJT) standing between us and them get cheated out of his position and let them install an enemy bought and Paid for Senile Crook Pedotus. We should all be ashamed

If one is against what people like me and other Trump supporters are against, then one doesn’t really need to be “for” anything. If I’m against arson, do I need to make it known that I’m for the concept of letting structures stand without being set aflame?
Good simple explanation!

Two points I would make in response:

1). I assume from your reply you are conceding that I understand the Trump supporter better than you thought.

2). It is not enough in politics or the administration of government to support someone only for what he is against. It is crucial that one knows what is being advocated, not just opposed.

For example:

The Chinese were against Chiang Kai-Shek, and welcomed Mao with open arms. They had not bothered to understand what he was for.

The Russians thought they had had their fill with the Czar. They had not bothered to understand what Lenin and Associates stood for.

The Cubans thought Bautista was a brutal dictator (they were right about that), and so they supported the guy who was against him. Little did they realize they were trading tyranny for more tyranny.

The point is it is not enough to support someone because of what he tells you he’s against. If you support him you should know what he’s for. I do not think the majority of Trump supporters could tell us what he was for, only what he was against. I’m not suggesting Trump would become a maniacal murderer of his own people. I’m am suggesting that’s how a surprising number of maniacal killers come to power. Our Founding Fathers advised us to be ever vigilant. I think vigilance/protecting our liberty has fallen way down the list of priorities for too many Americans, mainly those on the left, but the Trump faithful are a little lax in that regard as well.
Yes, you explain in great detail and with great eloquence. My “quibble” is not with most of the Trump faithful on this board. You are an anomaly from the average Trump voter, at least I think so. People keep saying 70-80 million people voted for him, and I think that’s undeniable. But I suspect the overwhelming majority of them are not as up to date on current events or policies as the posters on this board. I think most of them voted for him because he wasn’t Hillary in 2016, and wasn’t Biden or Harris in 2020. That being said I also maintain there are probably a number of Trump supporters on this board that do not know what he stands for from a philosophical standpoint. I don’t know that it’s their fault. Personally I doubt DJT did/does either.

At any rate none of this was the intent of the original post. I am still in the dark as to whether the average Trump voter supports him because he’s Trump or because they are so fearful and filled with hatred against his Democratic opponents.

Yes, you explain in great detail and with great eloquence. My “quibble” is not with most of the Trump faithful on this board. You are an anomaly from the average Trump voter, at least I think so. People keep saying 70-80 million people voted for him, and I think that’s undeniable. But I suspect the overwhelming majority of them are not as up to date on current events or policies as the posters on this board. I think most of them voted for him because he wasn’t Hillary in 2016, and wasn’t Biden or Harris in 2020. That being said I also maintain there are probably a number of Trump supporters on this board that do not know what he stands for from a philosophical standpoint. I don’t know that it’s their fault. Personally I doubt DJT did/does either.

At any rate none of this was the intent of the original post. I am still in the dark as to whether the average Trump voter supports him because he’s Trump or because they are so fearful and filled with hatred against his Democratic opponents.

What are you basing your assumption on when it plays out very differently here every day?

Simplified for Mr Dan. Again do you have to know more of a why than just bc he's the one we want to jump in a foxhole with? That we want to lead us when we are literally being taken over by The global elite?

I remember when MSNBC sent A reporter to Wyoming to find Liz Cheney supporters - couldn't find any! And they were shocked when they found out nearly everyone supported DJT LMAO there is such a disconnect between us and them- they are just a few and have the bullhorns is the problem

Simplified for Mr Dan. Again do you have to know more of a why than just bc he's the one we want to jump in a foxhole with? That we want to lead us when we are literally being taken over by The global elite?

I remember when MSNBC sent A reporter to Wyoming to find Liz Cheney supporters - couldn't find any! And they were shocked when they found out nearly everyone supported DJT LMAO there is such a disconnect between us and them- they are just a few and have the bullhorns is the problem

My query is purely out of curiosity. Plus I thought it would make for interesting commentary on slow snow drenched days.

My query is purely out of curiosity. Plus I thought it would make for interesting commentary on slow snow drenched days.
Yes sir I wasn't offended at all nor anyone else I think. I took it as you were curious about the Maga peeps cerebral mechanisms!

Get off Nicky Haley she is road kill. If someone can't appeal to the Trump base they are going nowhere.

Trump doesn't need to run but whomever is damn sure going to have to run with him at their side.

All the anti Trumpers are so f'ng stupid as to what really appeals to Trump supporters. Trump supporters are passionate and pissed off. Never Trumpers right them off as rednecks and ignorant rubes.

For those that think the 80 million voters that actually got Trump reelected but had it stolen are just going to move on are so going to be disappointed. We do not want to lose the country we love and want our families to experience. We aren't going down without a fight. (Whoops, did I just incite an insurrection?)

Last edited:
Get off Nicky Haley she is road kill. If someone can't appeal to the Trump base they are going nowhere.

Trump doesn't need to run but whomever is damn sure going to have to run with him at their side.

All the anti Trumpers are so f'ng stupid as to what really appeals to Trump supporters. Trump supporters are passionate and pissed off. Never Trumpers right them off as rednecks and ignorant rubes.

For those that think the 80 million voters that actually got Trump reelected but had it stolen are just going to move on are so going to be disappointed. We do not want to lose the country we love and want are families to experience. We aren't going down without a fight. (Whoops, did I just incite an insurrection?)
Amen Brother- I approve this message

Reactions: Headhunter
Without election reform there is no point in anything. Voter ID, one ballot one person, clean rolls, sealed machines off the internet with no wireless connection capability, no mail in voting and one election day. There is no compromise on this either get it done or elections are a fraud and it doesn't matter who is in charge because we the people won't be.
Dang, Tulsaaggieson. Very well thought out. Worthy of a thousand likes. I don't remember seeing you in my classical mechanics class. Of course, I slept through the course mostly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT