ADVERTISEMENT

Question For @glflyer

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
I’ve been thinking about your contention that the Southern Strategy is responsible for most of the racial tension in America today. That’s something that had never occurred to me before. You’ve apparently given a lot of thought about it. So I was hoping you could carry me through the logic of it. Would you please explain how the Southern Strategy is responsible for the current tension in Minneapolis, or the degree of its responsibility for the overwhelming amount of black-on-black crime in places like Chicago? Like I said you have given me something new to think about, but no matter how hard I try I can’t connect the dots. Help a brother out! Also, would you please do it with a civil tongue and eliminate the venom so often spewing from your mouth about how all Republicans or conservatives or right wingers are nothing but hate-filled racists who delight the most when they can cause people of color to be miserable. It makes it very hard to take you seriously when you do that, and I truly am curious if there is a logical timeline you can create to show how America’s racial tension springs directly from the Southern Strategy.

Also, would you please do it with a civil tongue and eliminate the venom so often spewing from your mouth about how all Republicans or conservatives or right wingers are nothing but hate-filled racists who delight the most when they can cause people of color to be miserable.
big·ot
/ˈbiɡət/

noun
  1. a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic toward a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I’ve been thinking about your contention that the Southern Strategy is responsible for most of the racial tension in America today. That’s something that had never occurred to me before. You’ve apparently given a lot of thought about it. So I was hoping you could carry me through the logic of it. Would you please explain how the Southern Strategy is responsible for the current tension in Minneapolis, or the degree of its responsibility for the overwhelming amount of black-on-black crime in places like Chicago? Like I said you have given me something new to think about, but no matter how hard I try I can’t connect the dots. Help a brother out! Also, would you please do it with a civil tongue and eliminate the venom so often spewing from your mouth about how all Republicans or conservatives or right wingers are nothing but hate-filled racists who delight the most when they can cause people of color to be miserable. It makes it very hard to take you seriously when you do that, and I truly am curious if there is a logical timeline you can create to show how America’s racial tension springs directly from the Southern Strategy.
I never took that position. That is a twist of my statement. The Southern Strategy goes back a long way. The goal was to continue to oppress the minorities in a more subtle way than just overtly hurting them. If you actually care to know , then watch youtube video of Former Reagan advisor Lee Atwater. He taught many republicans how the party was already oppressing the minorities and how to continue surreptitiously. The goal was to destroy the black nuclear family and was incredibly successful.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT