ADVERTISEMENT

Question For Any Wokester On The Board

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
If Stevie Ray Vaughan plays blues is that cultural appropriation from American blacks? What if he plays with Johnny Copeland? Does that make it alright? Does Johnny being on stage with him absolve him of his sin? Or should we just throw all Stevie Ray music in the trash. Here. Listen to this and tell me what I should do.

How about Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa? They’re both white. Should YouTube remove this obvious example of cultural appropriation? They’re trying to steal Etta’s thunder. I’m so confused!

Last edited:
You can do better than this, Dan. I hope lol.

carry on
Better than Beth Hart? I don't think so. But appropriation is appropriation, isn't it? If white ladies can't sell tacos, why does Beth get to strut her stuff? I am hoping a wokester can tell me. How about you, Clinton? Aren't you a wokester?

• Haha
Reactions: ClintonDavidScott
Better than Beth Hart? I don't think so. But appropriation is appropriation, isn't it? If white ladies can't sell tacos, why does Beth get to strut her stuff? I am hoping a wokester can tell me. How about you, Clinton? Aren't you a wokester?

Yup…there’s that doubled-down fragility I was waitin’ for lol

Carry on

Reactions: my_2cents
As woke as they git. 👍

Yup…there’s that doubled-down fragility I was waitin’ for lol

Carry on
Who's being fragile? I'm asking for clarification. Should Beth be allowed to do her thing? Am I allowed to listen? Help me out here, Clinton. I'm not being fragile. I'm being confused about what the world of woke permits and what it doesn't. As you are a leading wokester proponent on this board I'm seeking guidance from you. Don't leave a brother hanging!

Who's being fragile? I'm asking for clarification. Should Beth be allowed to do her thing? Am I allowed to listen? Help me out here, Clinton. I'm not being fragile. I'm being confused about what the world of woke permits and what it doesn't. As you are a leading wokester proponent on this board I'm seeking guidance from you. Don't leave a brother hanging!

Start with more Muddy Waters, less Morgan Wallen lol

carry on

Start with more Muddy Waters, less Morgan Wallen lol

carry on
I love me some Muddy Waters. But what about Stevie Ray? Can I love him, too? Is that acceptable? For that matter is it acceptable for me, a white man, to listen to blues at all? Am I appropriating blues away from black folks by listening? Should I only listen to black bluesmen? Is that appropriation? Wokeism is like trying to navigate a maze! We need your guidance, Clinton, someone who knows the correct steps to take. We're counting on you!

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
I love me some Muddy Waters. But what about Stevie Ray? Can I love him, too? Is that acceptable? For that matter is it acceptable for me, a white man, to listen to blues at all? Am I appropriating blues away from black folks by listening? Should I only listen to black bluesmen? Is that appropriation? Wokeism is like trying to navigate a maze! We need your guidance, Clinton, someone who knows the correct steps to take. We're counting on you!
Brother! 👍

The Lord helps those who help themselves

Carry on

Elvis, the Beatles, Buddy Holly, Rolling Stones.

All were influenced by African American blues artists, who went on to influence modern musicians.

Appropriation? Nah. Influence? Definitely.

Elvis, the Beatles, Buddy Holly, Rolling Stones.

All were influenced by African American blues artists, who went on to influence modern musicians.

Appropriation? Nah. Influence? Definitely.
Is the influence any different from the white ladies that wanted to sell tacos?

How uncharitable of you. You're a woke expert and with a few words you could explain, and yet you refuse. Where's your humanity? Why do you want to leave us unwoke hipsters out in the cold?

You try so hard haha. It shouldn’t be this difficult To OwN thE LiBs, Dan.

Lol…so much effort for so much futility.

carry on

You try so hard haha. It shouldn’t be this difficult To OwN thE LiBs, Dan.

Lol…so much effort for so much futility.

carry on
I know, right? Getting a lib to honestly explain himself is harder than having root canal surgery. I've begun to think they don't explain themselves because they don't know the answer, they just latched onto a team and are riding it to the end.

I know, right? Getting a lib to honestly explain himself is harder than having root canal surgery. I've begun to think they don't explain themselves because they don't know the answer, they just latched onto a team and are riding it to the end.
Being a lib is more about diversion. Slight of hand like a magician. They won't let you see the shit in Joe's britches though we all know it's there.

Reactions: Ponca Dan
Indian tacos are freaking delicious.
Aren't they? I think it's criminal that those white women were denied making a living selling tacos they'd spent a lot of time pefecting. But they got caught appropiating the wrong culture and got hounded out of business. So the question remains: should white blues players be denied their passion?

Aren't they? I think it's criminal that those white women were denied making a living selling tacos they'd spent a lot of time pefecting. But they got caught appropiating the wrong culture and got hounded out of business. So the question remains: should white blues players be denied their passion?
Dan, you'll never get a comprehensible answer out of that clown. Imo.

I bet it frosted @Ponca Dan’s cookies when Jimi covered a white guy’s song lol

So dramatic

Carry on

I bet it frosted @Ponca Dan’s cookies when Jimi covered a white guy’s song lol

So dramatic

Carry on
OMG, I never thought of that! I thought appropriation only counted with white appropriators. Should I hate Jimi now? Clinton, tell me what to think! Now I'm really confused!

OMG, I never thought of that! I thought appropriation only counted with white appropriators. Should I hate Jimi now? Clinton, tell me what to think! Now I'm really confused!

200.gif

Huh? All this time I thought wokesters were supposed to be the snowflakes. Well, they seem to be flakes at least. Is this some kind of mystic symbol that will lead me to all the wokester answers? Tell the truth, Clinton: do you wokesters really have any answers?

Huh? All this time I thought wokesters were supposed to be the snowflakes. Well, they seem to be flakes at least. Is this some kind of mystic symbol that will lead me to all the wokester answers? Tell the truth, Clinton: do you wokesters really have any answers?
He's got pointed ears, don't trust him. 😂

You sound more of sausage taco kinda guy.
Your uncommonly determined insistence on using gay references raises valid questions.

Questions only you can answer, friend.

Not that we really care at OSTATE.com. We accept people of all orientations.

Live your best life and keep flying that freak flag!
🏳️‍🌈❤️

Last edited:
No. Music is a universal language.

Reactions: ClintonDavidScott
Your constant insistence on using gay references raises valid questions.

Not that we really care at OSTATE.com. We accept people of all orientations. Live your best life, friend 🏳️‍🌈❤️
Welp, I'm pretty sure you won't limit yer consumption of sausage. Did I hit a nerve Francis?

Your constant insistence on using gay references raises valid questions.

Not that we really care at OSTATE.com. We accept people of all orientations. Live your best life, friend 🏳️‍🌈❤️
This is twice in the last 24 hours or so you’ve asked questions about the sexual orientation of posters (me being one of them). This seems to be a minor obsession of yours. Are you hoping to find someone with whom you can hook up? Or is there some other reason for your curiosity? As you say no one on this board will judge you, so feel free to express yourself honestly.

This is twice in the last 24 hours or so you’ve asked questions about the sexual orientation of posters (me being one of them). This seems to be a minor obsession of yours. Are you hoping to find someone with whom you can hook up? Or is there some other reason for your curiosity? As you say no one on this board will judge you, so feel free to express yourself honestly.
I really don't wanna hear her express herself Dan. Not here in this moment of time. 😃

I really don't wanna hear her express herself Dan. Not here in this moment of time. 😃
I have not paid any attention to the back and forth between you two. But in the limited time he’s been on the board I think he comes across as someone that would be fun to hang out with at a ball game. He was apparently on this board at an earlier time. I don’t remember him, but as @davidallen can tell you I have a very limited memory. I for one am glad he’s back!

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
I have not paid any attention to the back and forth between you two. But in the limited time he’s been on the board I think he comes across as someone that would be fun to hang out with at a ball game. He was apparently on this board at an earlier time. I don’t remember him, but as @davidallen can tell you I have a very limited memory. I for one am glad he’s back!
Gotcha. 🤣

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT