ADVERTISEMENT

Question about standing around OUTDOORS with AR15, protecting my property

22LR

Heisman Candidate
Dec 1, 2015
A law-abiding citizen of Oklahoma asks:

So if I find myself having to stand around with an AR pistol outdoors in front of my house, (in my case, a SIG MPX-K) mounted to a sling around my neck and hanging off my body, can I still hold the gun as if it were a rifle? Or do I have to let it freely hang so as not to be having a pistol in-hand while out in public, which is a no-no.

Oklahoma SDA law book defines "open carry" as:
TITLE 21 § 1290.2
2. "Unconcealed handgun" or "open carry" means a loaded or unloaded pistol or handgun carried upon the person in a holster where the firearm is visible, or carried upon the person using a scabbard, sling or case designed for carrying firearms;

So the sling is permitted, but the law book says nothing about how to legally hold the pistol. I'm thinking if it comes down to it, it's best to carry an AR15 rifle outdoors.

Thanks in advance.

The anal retentive gun owners are the problem.

Well? Who do you suppose the law will arrest, charge, and attempt to try in the court of publix opinion first first?

A) a law abiding citizen who didn’t follow every applicable law to the letter

b) a destructive mob member actively destroying property?

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Well? Who do you suppose the law will arrest, charge, and attempt to try in the court of publix opinion first first?

A) a law abiding citizen who didn’t follow every applicable law to the letter

b) a destructive mob member actively destroying property?

My statement was in deep, deep blue.

I mean, it's an AR owner who is very concerned about following gun law. Doesnt get much more clean cut than that.

My statement was in deep, deep blue.

I mean, it's an AR owner who is very concerned about following gun law. Doesnt get much more clean cut than that.

Sorry. The last couple of days have been crazy enough that I didn’t pick up on it.

I mean - I have a friend that I’ve literally known most of my life scolding anyone and everyone about how the carnage needs to flow and if you don’t agree, you’re a super nazi wannabe slaveholder.

So true... that they'll go after the law abiding people for the littlest things while giving the real troublemakers a pass.

I asked, because holding a handgun in public can be considered brandishing of a firearm, especially if a situation starts to heat up. The good guy could even be the one who gets shot first because of it. And these short barreled AR's fall into the pistol category. Yet holding a rifle is not brandishing.

Sorry. The last couple of days have been crazy enough that I didn’t pick up on it.

I mean - I have a friend that I’ve literally known most of my life scolding anyone and everyone about how the carnage needs to flow and if you don’t agree, you’re a super nazi wannabe slaveholder.

No worries. It jumped out at me from the post that how much he wanted to be correct about handling the gun legally. Strict attention to detail.

Yet we are bombarded with gun owners being the problem.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT