ADVERTISEMENT

Pushmataha WMA

mad4osu

All-Big12
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2002
Son drew to a youth hunt down there. Anyone have any experience in that unit?

FWIW, it sucked. Saw an 8 pt and 2 does on the weekends hunt. It was hot, muggy and the deer werent moving...

Sorry to hear you didn't see more deer. Not sure what would have helped. It was as active as I've ever seen it where I was. Does/several different bucks chasing does, etc. Are you guys getting to hunt during the regular season?

We will be hunting. I really just hunt for my son nowadays. He is 13 and obsessed. He has killed several does and a couple small bucks. he is really wanting to shoot a larger buck and the one he saw Friday fit the bill... just couldnt get on it. My available places to hunt has dwindled over the years. We just cant compete with the big $ that people are willing to float around for leases.

We just cant compete with the big $ that people are willing to float around for leases.

This is true more and more. OK is getting more and more like Texas when it comes to deer leases. When property changes hands, thru sale or new generations taking over, things change and I've lost so many great places to hunt when this happens. I've been on the same lease now for bowhunting for about 35 years, due to friendship and OSU ties, but I see the writing on the wall that not in the too distant future the young adults are going to take over and it may change altogether. I feel blessed and appreciate every trip I get to make up there as I never know when it will be my last. I'll probably have my ashes spread up there!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT