ADVERTISEMENT

Puerto Vallarta

Inky29

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2001
Daughter is graduating and it looks like the cruise we originally scheduled and then rescheduled is going to be cancelled again. Looking for just a quick and easy get away for a few days. Has anyone been to Puerto Vallarta recently or even pre Covid? Just curious, I've never been there before.

Daughter is graduating and it looks like the cruise we originally scheduled and then rescheduled is going to be cancelled again. Looking for just a quick and easy get away for a few days. Has anyone been to Puerto Vallarta recently or even pre Covid? Just curious, I've never been there before.

We were there about four years ago and really enjoyed the trip. Felt safe. Did lots of fun stuff. The ocean and beaches are very different from the Atlantic side.

Reactions: Inky29 and TPOKE
We went to PV a couple of years ago. Really enjoyed it. The beach rises up right into the mountains. Lots of restaurants to choose from. I would go again. Much more scenic than Cancun with the mountains in the background.

Yeah, Im split between PV and Rivera Maya. tough problems to have I know.

I've been to PV twice and like it a lot more than Cancun. It's a lot less touristy and as others have mentioned, it's very scenic with the mountains and jungle right up against the beaches. There's a lot of neat jungle excursions available too, although I'm not sure if those are still happening with Covid. The downtown area is also nice and rustic.

Agree with PV way less touristy- I hate people.....zihuatinejo is fisherman's paradise- Real close to PV....better looking beaches? Cancun...snorkeling or scuba...go to Cozumel.
Cancun great beaches but soo modernized and busy.

Stayed at el presidente in Ixtapa way back when it first opened- was awesome- now kinda pricey.

Loved park royal in Cozumel - but they were getting too much into the time sharing gig 3-5 years ago- not sure now how they are.

Ended up going to Playa Mujeres, stayed at the Finest Resort. For a quick few day get away it was great. Food was good, room was clean and everyone was super nice. Pretty secure area so we were never harassed on the beach or anything. I’d recommend

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT