ADVERTISEMENT

Public service announcement. Stay away from 23 & Me (and such similar junk)

soonerinlOUisiana

Heisman Winner
May 29, 2004
fvck off, leftists
www.youtube.com
Lawyer friend was telling me about one of his clients that gave his DNA to 23 & Me. Apparently the service provides you with an extended list of people you might be related to, and how closely related as well. Client had a young woman show up at his house on either TG or Christmas to introduce him to his grandkids. Moral of the story: Don’t give a DNA sample to ANYONE unless a judge orders you to do so while exercising his legitimate authority.

Lawyer friend was telling me about one of his clients that gave his DNA to 23 & Me. Apparently the service provides you with an extended list of people you might be related to, and how closely related as well. Client had a young woman show up at his house on either TG or Christmas to introduce him to his grandkids. Moral of the story: Don’t give a DNA sample to ANYONE unless a judge orders you to do so while exercising his legitimate authority.
That is classy company you keep there my man. Did your friend's client slam the door in her face or did he welcome in the kids and get to know his progeny?

BTW: the sharing is all opt-in. Folks really should better understand what they are agreeing to.

Last edited:
Reactions: TexasCowPoke
This seems pretty judgmental.
I can go further if you like. How about this:

"I am SIL and I am staunchly pro-life. Take care fellas - there are certain things you are going to need to be careful about to avoid any semblance of taking responsibility for knocking up broads. If you do it right, you can make sure you avoid any and all consequences. Feel free to hit me up for advice."

Reactions: AC2020

"I am SIL and I am staunchly pro-life. Take care fellas - there are certain things you are going to need to be careful about to avoid any semblance of taking responsibility for knocking up broads. If you do it right, you can make sure you avoid any and all consequences. Feel free to hit me up for advice."

the internet is very serious tonight I see. Please carry on.

Reactions: davidallen
Pointing out obvious right-wing hypocrisy is amusing to me. Is it not for you too?

it was a story about a kid showing up because of a dna test with a comedic title.

I don’t want to stop you from nuking the op, light him up. Damn pro life mother fvckers.

That is classy company you keep there my man. Did your friend's client slam the door in her face or did he welcome in the kids and get to know his progeny?

BTW: the sharing is all opt-in. Folks really should better understand what they are agreeing to.
Come on dude. His friend is a lawyer. Did that not answer your question?

All ****ing around aside. If I have kids or grandkids out there I think I would like to know. Of course I’m also drunk right now.

El lol. Triggered. 😂😂😂

Come on dude. His friend is a lawyer. Did that not answer your question?

All ****ing around aside. If I have kids or grandkids out there I think I would like to know. Of course I’m also drunk right now.
I’m not familiar with your family situation, but are you sure your wife and kids would want to know?

And in Louisiana, this presents forced heirship issues. I doubt the guy’s legitimate children would want to share their inheritance with a complete stranger. Part of our job as attorneys is to protect our clients from their own stupidity. No doubt David’s attorney would agree with me on this last point.

Pointing out obvious right-wing hypocrisy is amusing to me. Is it not for you too?
There is plenty of right wing hypocrisy, there’s no doubt about that. But I fail to see how this falls into that category. Sometimes you try too hard to be clever. I keep telling you to study our friend @07pilt. He’s close to perfecting the craft.

Last edited:
I’m not familiar with your family situation, but are you sure your wife and kids would want to know?

And in Louisiana, this presents forced heirship issues. I doubt the guy’s legitimate children would want to share their inheritance with a complete stranger. Part of our job as attorneys is to protect our clients from their own stupidity. No doubt David’s attorney would agree with me on this last point.

They’re all his kids whether he married their mom or not. Wear a rubber next time buddy and in the meantime stop being a deadbeat and pay up.

The missing piece to your puzzle: did the client know the daughter and grandchildren existed? If he did I’d say he’s about as big a creep as Joe Biden whose grandchild he wants nothing to do with.

I used the Ophra Winfry Lab Genelex in 2008 for $600 for paternal side only for ethnicity.

23and me in 2018 paternal and maternal for $108. 23and me showed me well short of Genelex in both indigenous and Sub-Saharan African. But guess what??? I've received about 4 e-mails since testing and I become blacker. In the beginning, I was of Congolese descent. 23and me has added Lebanon, Nigeria and Angola as their data base grows. Not good. My father and his oldest brother appearance was American Indian. An auntie and father's only sister appearance was African American. Two middle uncles were dark white, all with brown eyes.

Reactions: iasooner2000
The missing piece to your puzzle: did the client know the daughter and grandchildren existed? If he did I’d say he’s about as big a creep as Joe Biden whose grandchild he wants nothing to do with.
This was a conversation between two lawyers on an indoor pool deck after a workout, so I don’t know all the details. My understanding was that neither would have known about the other but for 23 & Me.

This was a conversation between two lawyers on an indoor pool deck after a workout, so I don’t know all the details. My understanding was that neither would have known about the other but for 23 & Me.
Well there you have it. No hypocrisy, right-wing or otherwise. @davidallen, I expect you to issue an apology to our right leaning friends!

chirs-farley-shocked.gif
I don’t know all the details.

it was a story about a kid showing up because of a dna test with a comedic title.

I don’t want to stop you from nuking the op, light him up. Damn pro life mother fvckers.
I'm both a Christian and pro-life and pro-men being totally responsible for their own sperm. Some are just pro-life until they are born. Then once born, they're on their own. Men shouldn't be pro-life unless they are willing to be as responsible for a child conceived as the mother must be. It's really simple. Anything less is hypocrisy at the highest level. Men pretending their child isn't alive is on par with abortion.

I'm both a Christian and pro-life and pro-men being totally responsible for their own sperm. Some are just pro-life until they are born. Then once born, they're on their own. Men shouldn't be pro-life unless they are willing to be as responsible for a child conceived as the mother must be. It's really simple. Anything less is hypocrisy at the highest level. Men pretending their child isn't alive is on par with abortion.
At what point in SIL’s story does it say the alleged father is pro-life (or pro-abortion, for that matter)? Where in the story does it say the client wants to escape responsibility?

Reactions: soonerinlOUisiana
At what point in SIL’s story does it say the alleged father is pro-life (or pro-abortion, for that matter)? Where in the story does it say the client wants to escape responsibility?
I think the whole point of SIL’s story is to give advice to allow fathers to escape responsibility. It makes no difference whether the father is pro choice or pro life. If you don’t take responsibility for your kid, planned or unplanned, at conception or ten years later, you are garbage.

I think the whole point of SIL’s story is to give advice to allow fathers to escape responsibility. It makes no difference whether the father is pro choice or pro life. If you don’t take responsibility for your kid, planned or unplanned, at conception or ten years later, you are garbage.
Couldn’t agree with you more regarding your “garbage” accusation. However, please show anywhere in SIL’s remarks that deserve your interpretation.

They’re all his kids whether he married their mom or not. Wear a rubber next time buddy and in the meantime stop being a deadbeat and pay up.
I completely disagree. If I don’t raise them and don’t know of them until later, I don’t owe them shit. Courts may disagree, of course.

Reactions: driad
To my initial post, I can empathize with someone who feels ambushed by someone knocking on the door claiming to be your long lost and unknown child. I suppose it could happen to me. It would change your world. I would want to know for sure of my parentage, but if mine, I want to do what's right. If they are money hunting, that might be different. Many if not most, just want connection and to know the truth, it's part of who they are.

I had a case where a 50 year old woman, my patient, was told by her mother (on her deathbed) that who she was always told was her dad, wasn't her biological father. Conception during a short affair happened, when she and husband were separated/expecting divorce and the mother never told anyone otherwise than her estranged husband was the father (and he was a deadbeat by her own words). Big time shock for her/everyone. She naturally had reservations about looking up her now elderly bio father, and with trepidation reached out, not wanting anything except to know him a bit. He had a family, grandkids, etc. She offered him a way out and was going to accept if he chose not to meet or know her, and explained that in a personal email. He called the next day with his wife and adult children on the line. She was accepted with open arms by everyone in the family, and is considered family now. It was an amazing journey/blessing for her and them. Many stories don't turn out this well, but there are some good people out there! It's been really healing for her, after her stepfather abandoned the family, and she always felt different than her siblings.

I completely disagree. If I don’t raise them and don’t know of them until later, I don’t owe them shit. Courts may disagree, of course.
That’s wild to me. I doubt the kid hid from you it’s not their fault. I’d agree with you that you wouldn’t owe the mom she could have asked for help at any time just weird to hold it against the kid.

That’s wild to me. I doubt the kid hid from you it’s not their fault. I’d agree with you that you wouldn’t owe the mom she could have asked for help at any time just weird to hold it against the kid.
At what age would they show up?

Last edited:
My brothers wife got him a 23andme test a couple of yrs ago. He got his results back and it said we may have a brother that had also got his dna profile from them. He contacted him and we found out he is the oldest sibling that was born before my dad and mom met and his birth mother put him up for adoption never telling my Dad that she was Pregnant.
Her Parents sent her to live out of State with relatives until she had the baby, put it up for adoption and moved back to her small hometown.
He later found his real Mother and met her and she told him how it all went down. She said nobody but her Family knew she was pregnant and she never told my Dad about it. My Dad passed away in 1987 so he never knew of course and his Parents passed away a few yrs ago. He is a nice guy, well educated and looks a lot like my younger brother, my Dad and our Grandmother. If not for a DNA test we would have never known or met him.

My best friend’s Uncle did a DNA test. That test disclosed someone with related DNA. Turns out his dad when to a massage parlor 47 years ago and knocked up a young Mexican lady. So, my friend has a new 47 year old sister and at 82 this man has a new daughter.

My best friend’s Uncle did a DNA test. That test disclosed someone with related DNA. Turns out his dad when to a massage parlor 47 years ago and knocked up a young Mexican lady. So, my friend has a new 47 year old sister and at 82 this man has a new daughter.

buenos dias hija!

It's been a long time, but I've received a handful of e-mails. One from a grandson of a first cousin tested by 23andme. He brought me right up to date on family deaths and survivors I probably never would have known about.

I've noticed one little anomaly. When I start talking about real Genelex test results putting weight much more to Sub-Saharan African DNA, it seems to be a permanent adios to further correspondence. Black pride doesn't seem to be a hit with family. Genelex Labs shares no data among DNA family matches to my knowledge as do the bargain basement gang.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT