ADVERTISEMENT

Proud of my Son In Law…North Carolina

OKSTATE1

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Edmond, Oklahoma
Left 2 days ago with a friend to go to North Carolina and help. Purchased 2 pallets of water. Drove 18 hours straight. Large pick-up and trailer.

Made it to Black Mountain, 20 miles east of Asheville. They helped put their water on a military helicopter shortly after arriving. He said after he arrived 2 trucks showed up, one with brand new chainsaws, oil, and gas. Another with tents. Civilians are trying to help best they can. He was surprised to see the number of food trucks in the area. He was told by military personnel they have not reached everyone yet. Pretty scary. They want to try to help where they can and come back Friday. Sleeping in their truck.

They also took hamburgers and hot dogs. They purchase auctioned storage units and they washed the clothes from those units to donate.

They took a trailer with an ATV and a gator with the hope of getting people down from the mountain.

The Mustang car club he is a part of helped pay for gas and some of these members went to NC before he did. All from Oklahoma.

Update from today:

They rescued a 65 year old man this morning at the very top of the mountain. Said it was scary that high up. He said the man was crying so hard they found him they all started crying.

My daughter told me they have helped others get down the mountain but the man they helped this morning was particularly emotional.

He is a plumber by trade, he can fix anything on a car or truck if he has the tools.

At some point was riding in a helicopter today, not sure why yet, he is keeping busy and cell reception not the best at times.

When he gets back I will get an eyewitness account on FEMA.

The photo they took before they left all loaded up with the gear and trailer, in the dark with a US Flag proudly lighted is pretty cool. I hope he returns safely, to be young again and full of testosterone…😂

Before you ask…they are MAGA!

Last edited:
A large part of the economy is tourism. There is none now. These people will need help with mortgages soon.
This was not the first time I’ve seen that kind of flooding, and it’s not the first time I’ve seen so many houses destroyed by the swollen rivers. But it is definitely the first time I’ve seen so many otherwise undamaged houses/buildings floating on the rivers like houseboats. Is this due to better construction? And is it the custom in those areas to simply set the houses on concrete piers with no sort of anchoring?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT