ADVERTISEMENT

Proposed “changes” to the U.S. Constitution by the Dim-wits

SUPERPOKES

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
DFW
I find it laughable that Biden and all these Dimwit Democrats who are calling for all the changes to the Constitution because they feel cheated. They are proposing constitutional changes that would change the Supreme Court and would change the Electoral College process.

What they don’t seem to understand (of course, they probably do, but it sounds good to their base), is that any change to the constitution must be proposed by a 2/3 majority of the legislature (Congress), which is not happening any time soon, and then approved by 3/4 - 75 percent - of the states. And, as you educated guys on this board surely know, about 60 percent of states are RED, and that isn’t changing anytime soon, neither!

Why? because there is NO WAY those smaller, but heavily RED states such as the Dakotas, Utah, Montana, Idaho, Oklahoma, Kansas, Wyoming, Alaska, Nebraska, nor any of those southern states like Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Tennessee, and Kentucky would ever allow that to happen.

So changing the Constitution to allow liberal things such as packing the Supreme Court or getting rid of the Electoral College is NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. But, as was mentioned, Biden’s words sound great to the “casual” citizen (and LOTS of young, liberal voters who know no better) who are not educated enough to know how the process works. And, as someone who teaches these young people US History and Government - well, I try - I can assure you, there are a lot of these ill-informed young people.

Last edited:
I find it laughable that Biden and all these Dimwit Democrats who are calling for all the changes to the Constitution because they feel cheated. They are proposing constitutional changes that would change the Supreme Court and would change the Electoral College process.

What they don’t seem to understand (of course, they probably do, but it sounds good to their base), is that any change to the constitution must be proposed by a 2/3 majority of the legislature (Congress), which is not happening any time soon, and then approved by 3/4 - 75 percent - of the states. And, as you educated guys on this board surely know, about 60 percent of states are RED, and that isn’t changing anytime soon, neither!

Why? because there is NO WAY those smaller, but heavily RED states such as the Dakotas, Utah, Montana, Idaho, Oklahoma, Kansas, Wyoming, Alaska, Nebraska, nor any of those southern states like Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Tennessee, and Kentucky would ever allow that to happen.

So changing the Constitution to allow liberal things such as packing the Supreme Court or getting rid of the Electoral College is NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. But, as was mentioned, Biden’s words sound great to the “casual” citizen (and LOTS of young, liberal voters who know no better) who are not educated enough to know how the process works. And, as someone who teaches these young people US History and Government - well, I try - I can assure you, there are a lot of these ill-informed young people.
I wanted to add this addendum. What the Democrats are guilty of is exactly what they accuse the Republicans of being: a threat to democracy.

Here’s the deal: both sides have different ideas of what our democracy should be. As long as there are a cute differences in what our democracy should be - and it ain’t changin’ - we will always a nation divided. And that will lead to the downfall of this country.

Reactions: OrangeTuono
I wanted to add this addendum. What the Democrats are guilty of is exactly what they accuse the Republicans of being: a threat to democracy.

Here’s the deal: both sides have different ideas of what our democracy should be. As long as there are a cute differences in what our democracy should be - and it ain’t changin’ - we will always a nation divided. And that will lead to the downfall of this country.
All the Democrats have to do is Amend the Constitution HOWEVER THEY WANT.
All it takes is 2/3's for House and 2/3's of the Senate (or 75% of the State delegations) and they get WHATEVER THEY WANT.

Only issue is they can't get the votes. The Founding Father intentionally structure the US Government so that sweeping changes require multiple year, multiple election cycles to implement. All to reduce "Tyranny of the Majority" acting out their Cluster B psychoses on the rest of the Citizenry.

Let'em scream and whine and whinge and moan - just let them wail at the moon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT