ADVERTISEMENT

Princeton & Rutgers

I found it in time for G.

G is too small for that guy.
I didn't think he looked too small. That kid is #1 in the nation at 149 and G showed he can wrestle with him. G learned from the match and will get better from it.

I didn't think he looked too small. That kid is #1 in the nation at 149 and G showed he can wrestle with him. G learned from the match and will get better from it.

He got taken down waaaaay easier than he has been. G is a contender at 41 and an AA at 49.

He was a better wrestler and couldn't handle the horsepower today.

Reactions: osu2082
He got taken down waaaaay easier than he has been. G is a contender at 41 and an AA at 49.

He was a better wrestler and couldn't handle the horsepower today.
It was the #1 guy in the country, can he/ has he beat the #1 at 141? I dont think so.

Can someone who watched provide some commentary on 125 & 197?

I guess Picc gave up the only 2 takedowns. Who initiated the attacks? Were they scramble takedowns or clean finishes?

Likewise, I guess Dakota gave up a few takedowns. Was he noticeably overpowered? Did he get to Brucki's legs but couldn't finish?

Can someone who watched provide some commentary on 125 & 197?

I guess Picc gave up the only 2 takedowns. Who initiated the attacks? Were they scramble takedowns or clean finishes?

Likewise, I guess Dakota gave up a few takedowns. Was he noticeably overpowered? Did he get to Brucki's legs but couldn't finish?
Pic was in on a single from distance early, almost got countered, ended up being a stalemate. Glory was in on his front leg early in the 1st, Pic kicked out. 5 seconds later Glory in on the same leg and scored the takedown. Glory in on the same leg late in the first, Pic scrambled into a stalemate situation until the clock ran out. Last takedown he gave up was more of a slideby after getting an escape. Pic rode Glory the entire 2nd period and scored 6 back points.

Geer looks small for 197. First couple of takedowns he gave up, he just got outhorsed. Geer did have some success riding. I don't think he can hang with the top 10 197 guys, not big enough or built for it. Don't remember Geer being close to a takedown.

Reactions: Wrassler17
It was the #1 guy in the country, can he/ has he beat the #1 at 141? I dont think so.

I'd like to see him and Yanni D. Also, I said contender, not for sure champ. At 49, he's going to have some strength issues with the top 4 guys. At 141, he's a finalists.

I'd like to see him and Yanni D. Also, I said contender, not for sure champ. At 49, he's going to have some strength issues with the top 4 guys. At 141, he's a finalists.

Dunno about that, McKenna has also been tearing it up this year

The problem for G is running into a big and physical 49 that knocks him into the conso's early just due to size and horsepower.

He wouldn't face near the landmines at 41 making a run to the quarters or semis.

Ideally you get a fully healthy Boo back and let G and Kaid fight for 41 and my gut says G outplaces him from what I have seen this season.

I've always thought our lineup was better with Fix at 25, moving Picc out. I don't know the weight situations and who can make what, but if we had Fix at 25, we have a likely finalist followed by AAs until 157 with another possible finalist at 41.

I guess it's not much different after watching it play out and Picc can make the finals, Fix has a better chance to win it at 33 and G could be a finalist at 41. If everything went as planned, we could have finalists at 25,33,41,74 and 285 with a bunch of other AAs mixed in.

The trouble with that is, most likely, it STILL isn't enough to win it all.

Picc at 125 is better for us than Brock at 33. We already know that he is too small to beat the top end 33 guys and he is too small at 41. Get Boo healthy and drop G to 41 and give us a strong lightweight line-up.

I've always thought our lineup was better with Fix at 25, moving Picc out. I don't know the weight situations and who can make what, but if we had Fix at 25, we have a likely finalist followed by AAs until 157 with another possible finalist at 41.

I guess it's not much different after watching it play out and Picc can make the finals, Fix has a better chance to win it at 33 and G could be a finalist at 41. If everything went as planned, we could have finalists at 25,33,41,74 and 285 with a bunch of other AAs mixed in.

The trouble with that is, most likely, it STILL isn't enough to win it all.

I think our one up is really good as we have now (with Rogers at 165 and Shomers back to 157). I like Boo and would like to see him in the line up as well, but we have 5 really good wrestlers and 4 weights. Don’t underestimate what pulling weight might do to fix, Brock, and Gfeller. I don’t know what they can make, but we have had guys pull a bunch of weight and then don’t have strength or energy in 3 rd period.

I also don’t know what Boo’s injury is- I have read shoulder and wrist and don’t know if he had surgery. When watching the video with the injury, I thought he dislocated his wrist and if that is the case, I would be surprised to see him back this year. Hopefully he can get a medical redshirt as he has had very tough luck since arriving in Stillwater.

Last edited:
Picc at 125 is better for us than Brock at 33. We already know that he is too small to beat the top end 33 guys and he is too small at 41. Get Boo healthy and drop G to 41 and give us a strong lightweight line-up.

I also think Picc places higher at 125 than Brock does at 133, so agree with that. I would be interested to see how Gfeller does against Brock when both are close to 141.

I think our one up is really good as we have now. I like Boo and would like to see him in the line up as well, but we have 5 really good wrestlers and 4 weights. Don’t underestimate what pulling weight might do to fix, Brock, and Gfeller. I don’t know what they can make, but we have had guys pull a bunch of weight and then don’t have strength or energy in 3 rd period.

I also don’t know what Boo’s injury is- I have read shoulder and wrist and don’t know if he had surgery. When watching the video with the injury, I thought he dislocated his wrist and if that is the case, I would be surprised to see him back this year. Hopefully he can get a medical redshirt as he has had very tough luck since arriving in Stillwater.

Yeah, I might not of conveyed that very well...but I agree about weight and where we are in our lineup. I was originally disappointed that it shook out that G was going to get the shaft and felt he is a threat at 141. He showed today that he's a threat at 49 more than I thought and I bet he beats Assnot in the sequel.

G didn't have a great weekend as far as results, but he showed me that if Assnot is a true #3, G is #3b.

Picc can make the finals if he can get on the bottom side of the bracket.
Fix can make the finals in any route
Brock, well, he's shown he's always a threat to AA
G can make the finals if he's oppo #1 and wrestles well
Hopefully we can out score two of PSU weights here
Chandler, if healthy can get some good bonus
Joe can Final
Smith should perform similar to Chandler
Geer is a threat to AA
White could find himself in the finals.

That scenario is obviously our best case and is very unlikely, but man, it sure makes for a fun March to think about it happening.

Yeah, I might not of conveyed that very well...but I agree about weight and where we are in our lineup. I was originally disappointed that it shook out that G was going to get the shaft and felt he is a threat at 141. He showed today that he's a threat at 49 more than I thought and I bet he beats Assnot in the sequel.

G didn't have a great weekend as far as results, but he showed me that if Assnot is a true #3, G is #3b.

Picc can make the finals if he can get on the bottom side of the bracket.
Fix can make the finals in any route
Brock, well, he's shown he's always a threat to AA
G can make the finals if he's oppo #1 and wrestles well
Hopefully we can out score two of PSU weights here
Chandler, if healthy can get some good bonus
Joe can Final
Smith should perform similar to Chandler
Geer is a threat to AA
White could find himself in the finals.

That scenario is obviously our best case and is very unlikely, but man, it sure makes for a fun March to think about it happening.

We need to see what happens in B1G tournament at 125- as it stands now, Lee would be 2 seed and Rivera from Northwestern would be 1. Picc has looked really good this year. I think the match in the Iowa dual will be much better than what we saw in Cleveland last year. Brock and Rogers could both make consultation finals or lose in round of 12. They need to be more consistent and avenge earlier losses. Joe will have to beat Valencia to get to the finals. I didn’t see the match between Valencia and Hall this year, but I would take Valencia if the wrestle again.

As much as I want to win, the race is for second between us, Ohio st, and Iowa and I like our chances.

I would take our staff against anyone in getting wrestlers ready for a rematch- fix and Gfeller will be ready if they meet in March. They will be great matches, but I like our chances.

Last edited:
Reactions: chasepollard
We need to see what happens in B1G tournament at 125- as it stands now, Lee would be 2 seed and Rivera from Northwestern would be 1. Picc has looked really good this year. I think the match in the Iowa dual will be much better than what we saw in Cleveland last year. Brock and Rogers could both make consultation finals or lose in round of 12. They need to be more consistent and avenge earlier losses. Joe will have to beat Valencia to get to the finals. I didn’t see the match between Valencia and Hall this year, but I would take Valencia if the wrestle again.

As much as I want to win, the race is for second between us, Ohio st, and Iowa and I like our chances.

I would take our staff against anyone in getting wrestlers ready for a rematch- fix and Gfeller will be ready if they meet in March. They will be great matches, but I like our chances.

In no way am I suggesting that my post is my prediction. Take away my homer side, I think we have two finalists at 133 and 285, followed with AA at 25, 49, 74 and 84. Chandler and Brock are two of my favorites, but I cannot pick them to show up in March like they have in the past.

Reactions: osu2082
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT