ADVERTISEMENT

Pre-season Oklahoman article

oberebo

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2005
Shawnee,OK
What can be gleaned from the Daily Oklahoman article 11/17 with information on every weight and does not mention Joe Smith. I am just asking with no insider information at all. The writer mentions wrestlers at every weight and nary a word on Joe. Will Joe wrestle first semester? He had quotes from John on Daton and his freestyle record and the writer indicates Shomers at 157 and Geer at 184,Jacobe and Chandler, pic and Fix and Lewallen. My guess is Joe did not make the trip which does not surprise me. Kaid is also mentioned with Lewallen as returning AA's. Derek and Preston are also cited at 197 and heavyweight. I guess we wait until 6:30 for final clarification but the lineup looks set for the first weekend of wrestling.
125 Pic
133 Daton
141 Kaid
149 Boo
157 Andrew
165 Chandler
174 Jacobe
184 Dakota
197 Preston
HWT Derek

I would be shocked if we see Joe in the lineup until the second semester (if he can earn it).

What can be gleaned from the Daily Oklahoman article 11/17 with information on every weight and does not mention Joe Smith. I am just asking with no insider information at all. The writer mentions wrestlers at every weight and nary a word on Joe. Will Joe wrestle first semester? He had quotes from John on Daton and his freestyle record and the writer indicates Shomers at 157 and Geer at 184,Jacobe and Chandler, pic and Fix and Lewallen. My guess is Joe did not make the trip which does not surprise me. Kaid is also mentioned with Lewallen as returning AA's. Derek and Preston are also cited at 197 and heavyweight. I guess we wait until 6:30 for final clarification but the lineup looks set for the first weekend of wrestling.
125 Pic
133 Daton
141 Kaid
149 Boo
157 Andrew
165 Chandler
174 Jacobe
184 Dakota
197 Preston
HWT Derek
Were there any weights where he mentioned more than one wrestler? Did he mention Gfeller?

Were there any weights where he mentioned more than one wrestler? Did he mention Gfeller?
No there were no weights where he mentioned more than one wrestler. He did not show them weight by weight so if you count Chandler and Jacobe at 177 then my read he was mentioning Chandler at 165 and Jacobe at 177. OSUMatfan, it would be heresy to bring this up two years ago but I noticed your postscript about Joe "earning" the spot. You have to wonder if the layoff and Joe's reported lack of intensity or desire or "whatever" has either decreased his viability as a wrestler or has Chandler or Jacobe improved enough to deny Joe the spot. My opinion is that Joe may technically be the better wrestler but there is more than technical superiority that goes into earning the spot. I have no inside information on Joe other than the rumors that everyone else has heard. I hope that they are not true or are exagerated but who knows. I do agree that he will have to 'earn" the spot wherever the spot may be.

No there were no weights where he mentioned more than one wrestler.

There is your answer. If he didn't mention any others who are not currently expected to be the #1 starter he isn't going to mention Joe his son.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT