ADVERTISEMENT

Pre-Hillary Shopping Spree

Bunny killer, you were asking about AKs...have you thought about an SKS? They are still fairly cheap (as cheap as any military gun can be right now really besides a Mosin) and are just as reliable, with better accuracy.

I kinda gave up on finding a decent price on an AK and started buying up any SKS I find for a decent price. Once the supply dries up, I'm sure they will go the way that everything else military has went. Might be awhile, but in the mean time they are a decent gun to get a couple of if someone is into surplus rifles.
I'm old enough to remember when SKS rifles were $100 out the door - with ammo and tax. Like some people view the mini-14, I've always thought they were cheap and inaccurate rifles - but I've only shot a couple and none in the last 20 years. what is a good price point for the SKS now? I did find a new AK47 for $650, but they shipped me the wrong gun so it has blonde (not red) furniture. Kobra red dot is on its way from Russia (with love), so I have some time yet to get the furniture stained or replaced. Really going for the iconic Russian (Red Dawn, Wolverines!) look.

Reactions: Rulz
The prices on a SKS depend on which one you are trying to buy...generally, the Russians are the most expensive followed by Yugoslav and Romanians (the debate on which is better starts right after the Russians lol), Polish, Albanian, Korean, and then finally the Chinese versions.

The price for a good Russian are about $600 to $650, then they generally go down from there. I have seen some more expensive guns listed on GunBroker, but that isn't realistic just yet. Just sellers wanting to drive the market for their own gain.

They are a far more accurate gun than an AK, although the reliability to fire in severe conditions would definitely go to an AK. That's at least what I can tell, I had 3 SKS at one time, a Russian, a Yugo, and a Chinese version. The Russian was the best built, but the Yugo was heavier and seemed to perform the best. The Chinese gun didn't hiccup either (none of them did), but it was pretty worn out and probably needed a new barrel (it appeared to have seen some battle).

That was a good price on that AK of yours, they seem to be climbing daily. Both the AK and the SKS could be had for a fraction of what they are selling for now just a few years ago, but that's the same for most guns now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT