ADVERTISEMENT

Port Aransas

Inky29

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2001
Has anyone spent any time down there? Thinking about heading down for a little getaway.

my son and i been last 3 summers

we stay in rockport and fishing is our thing

port A beach is surprisingly nice
more open water and waves

rockport beach on the bay thumbs down

Reactions: Inky29
I think we are going to be staying around Cinnamon Shores or something like that. Figure we will go fishing once or twice. Any good local places to eat?

Mustang island/Port Aransas area is actually not bad. I prefer south padre, because the water is better and it’s a little more developed, but the Port A area has a great beach and is usually a little less expensive

It’s been a few years but irie’s seafood has been around a long time and it’s been consistent. I’m not an oyster person, but people love black diamond (across the causeway, but on the water). Port A pizza is actually pretty good. And coaches is good for breakfast. Corpus obviously will have a big variety too. There’s an Italian place in port A that people like, but I’ve never been to.

There are places that have been their forever like Doc’s, Virginia’s or snoopy’s pier. Some great views and good places to maybe grab a drink, but I think they live on reputation. Check with the locals as maybe they’ve improved.

Last edited:
Well, we are going to be down there on my daughter's 20th so we normally go somewhere good on her birthday so I'll just be reviewing restaurants for the next few months. TripAdvisor is the worst.

Cinnamon Shores is very nice. Rent a golf cart and just drive everywhere on it, from the beach to the house/restaurants/etc.

We've visited Port A annually for the last 25 years. Crazy how much it has grown and how many more people are going down there now. We went in April so there weren't as many people. I have read that there is a severe shortage of service workers on the island and that some of the restaurants have had to limit their hours (Irie's) due to lack of staff. I have also heard the wait times have been very long so you may have to be patient. I believe Cinnamon Shores has a few options for lunch and dinner. I've never stayed there but it looks very nice. Irie's is one of our favorites. Venetian Hot Plate is supposed to be good but never tried it. There are several options. We always pick up Port A Pizza the first night we're there because it's easy. Golf carts are the preferred method of travel for lots of people on the island closer to town.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT