ADVERTISEMENT

Pool builder rec - Edmond

Pokes15

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2006
We're looking at putting in a gunnite pool/hot tub at our house in Edmond. Any good/bad experiences would be appreciated.

Also any rec's on things you wish you have added or things you added that are a waste of money (even if its the entire pool itself!)

It's a substantial investment, but I've got three young kids that love to swim so we think it may be worth the money.

I’m sure @boxter can give you a recommendation or two. I can tell you the cost of putting in a gunite pool has gone up incredibly since before Covid.

We had one done by Pool Envy in 2020. Robert, the owner, is very honest and they did a great job. He also did our pool house with outdoor bathroom, has his own sprinkler guy/landscaper so everything could be done through him - which made it much much easier. We have thoroughly enjoyed the pool and would not change a thing so far.

Some things we really like:
  • We put a seating ledge all the way across the pool on the shallow end. That is where everyone sits with their drinks most of the time. Great spot.
  • We did a sun ledge and added ledge loungers with bubblers. The bubblers create a very relaxing sound. We added a waterfall on the side with firebowls that create a waterfall as well. We don't use those much as it is louder, but looks great when they are on. The bubblers are something I would definitely do if you want to sit out there and relax.
  • Make sure everything can be controlled with a smartphone app. Makes it really easy to use/maintain.
  • Auto Fill feature is a must have if you have a sprinkler system. It fills the pool each time your sprinkler runs so you don't have to put a hose in every few days to fill it.
  • The pool heater has added a few months to our swimming. Worth it!
  • Make sure and have extra concrete added for lounge space etc. We also did the cool crete. Adds texture to your concrete and can pick from many colors. It keeps the concrete much cooler in the summer, not hot on your feet. Plus it looks MUCH nicer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pokes15
We had one done by Pool Envy in 2020. Robert, the owner, is very honest and they did a great job. He also did our pool house with outdoor bathroom, has his own sprinkler guy/landscaper so everything could be done through him - which made it much much easier. We have thoroughly enjoyed the pool and would not change a thing so far.

Some things we really like:
  • We put a seating ledge all the way across the pool on the shallow end. That is where everyone sits with their drinks most of the time. Great spot.
  • We did a sun ledge and added ledge loungers with bubblers. The bubblers create a very relaxing sound. We added a waterfall on the side with firebowls that create a waterfall as well. We don't use those much as it is louder, but looks great when they are on. The bubblers are something I would definitely do if you want to sit out there and relax.
  • Make sure everything can be controlled with a smartphone app. Makes it really easy to use/maintain.
  • Auto Fill feature is a must have if you have a sprinkler system. It fills the pool each time your sprinkler runs so you don't have to put a hose in every few days to fill it.
  • The pool heater has added a few months to our swimming. Worth it!
  • Make sure and have extra concrete added for lounge space etc. We also did the cool crete. Adds texture to your concrete and can pick from many colors. It keeps the concrete much cooler in the summer, not hot on your feet. Plus it looks MUCH nicer.
Good points. Didn’t know about cool crete.

A couple things.
-Pool cost has about doubled from pre-covid per a buddy who is building one.
-we did a breakaway basketball goal like you see in driveways. Huge hit with kids and adults. It’s adjustable and you can actually shoot free throws in the pool.
-I would add a pool house, or at least something with a bathroom unless you have a bathroom in the back of your house with easy accessibility.
-if you want a deep end I suggest really stretching the length. Any extra foot increases your shallow end.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT