ADVERTISEMENT

Plott commits to the good guys

Man just an incredible run. Plott who is already a phenom has such a high ceiling. Fantastic get for so many reasons.

Reactions: LANDONAMBERSOCCER
Awesome week! Great job by Espo and the entire staff. Hopefully, this run will contribute to energizing our fan and donor base as well.

Reactions: osu2082
Interesting that Plott said it came down to OSU, Penn State, Nebraska and Arizona State. One school with an RTC this board likes to stress out about was suspiciously absent.

Interesting comments on Flo today. They threw out there that if we can somehow get Kharchla this weekend that it might be the best week any college has ever had recruiting wise.

Also the Mastro commitment came out of nowhere. They had a draft ready to go of him committing to Cornell. Something happened on the final phone call with Cornell to turn him off.

Last edited:
Interesting comments on Flo today. They threw out there that if we can somehow get Kharchla this weekend that it might be the best week any college has ever had recruiting wise.

Also the Mastro commitment came out of nowhere. They had a draft ready to go of him committing to Cornell. Something happened on the final phone call with Cornell to turn him off.

Also liked hearing that Kharchla will be a college 165 and that Trevor's commit will help not only with younger brother Travis, but maybe even with the Ferrari brothers too (just what Harley posted).

Definitely a lot of momentum right now. Keep it going guys.

Last edited:
Mike, good to see you posting! Hope all is well.
Been having a great last two years. Been riding,training and cutting about every two weeks. Having the time of my life, but sure miss coming to Stillwater and watching some great wrestling and seeing friends. I'm on the board everyday hoping to see some good news about OSU wrestling, didn't see the last two weeks happening for a while. John still has it, and Zack and the rest of the staff kicking a##!

Been having a great last two years. Been riding,training and cutting about every two weeks. Having the time of my life, but sure miss coming to Stillwater and watching some great wrestling and seeing friends. I'm on the board everyday hoping to see some good news about OSU wrestling, didn't see the last two weeks happening for a while. John still has it, and Zack and the rest of the staff kicking a##!

Perry, Caldwell and Fix also deserve a bunch of credit really pumping some life back into recruiting.

I think we just might be able to pull Kharchla away from Ohio...

Perry, Caldwell and Fix also deserve a bunch of credit really pumping some life back into recruiting.

I'll also throw in a plug for our very own @ThatOneGuy. He does a phenomenal job showing parents and kids what we provide on the academic side. He's tremendously passionate and really cares about the kids and it comes across (sorry to shatter the myth of your curmudgeon/jerk personna, Jeremy).

We are taking the most holistic approach approach to recruiting that we ever have. We are getting on guys earlier. We are doing a much better job on social media. Tyler Caldwell and Chris Perry have infused an energy into the process that just hasn't been there previously. Honestly I think it's one of the reasons Eric needed to move on. I also should state that Espo is also an excellent recruiter. We have a lot to sell and now we're doing a much better job of selling it.

I'll also throw in a plug for our very own @ThatOneGuy. He does a phenomenal job showing parents and kids what we provide on the academic side. He's tremendously passionate and really cares about the kids and it comes across (sorry to shatter the myth of your curmudgeon/jerk personna, Jeremy).

We are taking the most holistic approach approach to recruiting that we ever have. We are getting on guys earlier. We are doing a much better job on social media. Tyler Caldwell and Chris Perry have infused an energy into the process that just hasn't been there previously. Honestly I think it's one of the reasons Eric needed to move on. I also should state that Espo is also an excellent recruiter. We have a lot to sell and now we're doing a much better job of selling it.

Great points. Obviously we need to keep the momentum going, but it does feel like there is a "buzz" around the program right now. In addition to everyone mentioned, I think two others are helping to generate some of that excitement - Derek Fix and Pokes2010. I see recruits retweeting some of Derek's tweets and the same with Pokes2010's tweets and articles.

Cael apparently had an inhome today. Kharchla didn’t list PSU in his final 5 so who knows that means.

Cael apparently had an inhome today. Kharchla didn’t list PSU in his final 5 so who knows that means.

Fit is what might help us with PSU. Many think Berge is a 165 and Manville could stay in the mix there as well.

Kharchla also did an interview where he talked about the programs that were on him before he blew up but you can never count out PSU if they really want someone.

Reactions: Air_Thurman

This 2020 great recruiting so far was needed. They will be replacing Picc, Kaid, Boo, Shomers, Joe Smith and Marsden. I hope that our momentum continues. Kharchla get would be super big. We need a 25 and Ferrari in 2020. Do we think Doucet is a good HWT prospect?

This 2020 great recruiting so far was needed. They will be replacing Picc, Kaid, Boo, Shomers, Joe Smith and Marsden. I hope that our momentum continues. Kharchla get would be super big. We need a 25 and Ferrari in 2020. Do we think Doucet is a good HWT prospect?

Doucet is ranked like #5 in his weight for his class and is viewed as a guy with upside so I would imagine that fall in line with a "good" prospect.

He is projected as a HWY.

Kharchla would be a massive get. Pyles said he was probably a multi time AA (high floor), but didn't know if he was a potential champ (unknown ceiling). I disagree, I think he will be fantastic in college.

Flo has Doucet as the #19 heavy in their prospect rankings. That seems low. I'm hoping for a Derek White type of development. Burks could be a good fit at 125 (might also be a 133) or possibly Dominic Chavez.

Kharchla would be a massive get. Pyles said he was probably a multi time AA (high floor), but didn't know if he was a potential champ (unknown ceiling). I disagree, I think he will be fantastic in college.

Flo has Doucet as the #19 heavy in their prospect rankings. That seems low. I'm hoping for a Derek White type of development. Burks could be a good fit at 125 (might also be a 133) or possibly Dominic Chavez.

He is ranked as the 6th best HS prospect in the nation at 195 regardless of class. Four seniors and Ferrari are the only guys ranked ahead of him.

He is ranked as the 6th best HS prospect in the nation at 195 regardless of class. Four seniors and Ferrari are the only guys ranked ahead of him.

Yeah, in reference to Harley's question, I was referring to Flo's prospect rankings, where they project your college weight and then rank accordingly. It's an interesting idea, but hard to do sometimes.

That's the reason for my Derek White comparison. He was also an athletic, top five 195 in HS, but who would have predicted that he would end up as a top heavyweight (not me)? That's what I'm hoping for with Konner.

Heavyweight is going to be insane for the next 5-6 years. Hopefully Doucet RSs to put on size and to avoid as many years of Steveson/Cass/Parris/Kerkvliet/Nevills/Elam/Schultz/Etc as possible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT