ADVERTISEMENT

Pic: osumark's impala

Jeff J.

Jul 6, 2003
932%5C1164257.jpg

Here's the story on the hunt. First of all, I've never been hunting in Africa, second I've never shot an 375 HH off of shooting stick with 220 gr of powder. Where I hunted was 100% spot and stock. The stooting angles were crazy, narrow, and small. The guide and I had walked around for over 5 hours, and were on our way back to the truck, when we spotting them. The Guide said we had a small shooter, I didn't really care, I was just glad to be able to a shot at a ram. I was handed the shooting sticks, and he told me to line up this opening in the trees and wait. We waited about 4 minutes, and he said put it on his vitals, aim about 6 inches high, and shoot when your ready, I did and dropped him on the spot. The guide said that he told me at some point that it was a nice one, but I never heard that. The ram measured 24 inches, and 23 5/8 makes their record book. The total price of the hunt including skinning was 140 us dollars. The hunt was a chance of a life time, and I'm grateful that I got to experience it. Thanks for posting Jeff. I just arrived in DC 10 minutes ago.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

That is an awesome story Mark! Were you able to get the horns and the cape back into the U.S. I have heard that is sometimes a problem. Again congrats on the chance of a lifetime, I am jealous.

I left the cape and horns over there, the guide is working on trying to find an affordable way the ship them back to the states. It's all possible if you money is not object, but for me it is an object.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT