ADVERTISEMENT

Patella Tendon Tear

nathajw

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2007
DFW
I've had tendinitis in it for years and I tore the whole thing today in a turkey day family flag fball game traditional . Anyone had this happen and how were your experiences in recovery? My knee looks like a damn black and blue grapefruit right now.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

This post was edited on 12/23 2:30 PM by nathajw

This Wednesday will make my second week after surgery. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. In a full leg brace and I can't begin bending my leg until 4 weeks and then 6 weeks after surgery I get to begin weight bearing exercises. The last two weeks have been really really rough until about 2 days ago when most of the pain had gone away and slight natural bending of the knee no longer felt like sometone was jabbing an ice pick into it.

For all of you that have had knee injuries, what was coming back from them like? Are there a lot of mental hurdles you have to overcome as far as trusting you knee again? I ask because I'm going to have a hard time not being scared to play softball or other athletic things other than standard exercise anymore. No pick up game is worth going through this again. Was rehab painful? Does the strength come back quick? Any thoughts, tips or suggestions and stories you've got I'd love to hear.

Man that sucks. I still don't trust my knee and I hurt mine in 2006 I think. I didn't have what you had happen though so I don't know if there is a difference. I slammed my femur into my tibia and fractured the bone where the PCL attaches. I basically have no cartilage when the two bones meet also now. I never fully recovered from the injury but mine was pretty extreme and the doctor was surprised I got full motion back in my leg.

My only advise I can offer is take the rehab serious it is the most important thing you will do to getting back to normal. If they tell you to do exercises at home then do them. If you doo what they say and have a physical therapist then you should get back to normal with in a year or two I would think.

My injury was actually a rupture and not a tear. They said ripping my patella tendon right off the patella like I did was much better than just a heavy tear as far as the surgery and recovery.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT