ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Mieno

It's not exclusive to OSU we just haven't won a title in 16 years so everything that isn't perfect gets a spotlight shined on it. Penn State has had several instances of some of their top wrestlers "missing weight" and "having the flu" during dual season... but they show up in March and that's when it matters most.

Also the Ferrari situation is the most recent example of a guy going off the rails in college wrestling. We've been pretty unlucky to have a handful of these in that 16 years. So the spotlight turns into a magnifying glass. Rightfully so.

How do you fix it? I have no idea... but I do know that winning a team title makes people care about this stuff a lot less. Gives you the ability to cut problems off of the team and folks don't question it... like Penn State and Iowa have both done with Gavin Teasdale most recently... or Iowa with Seth Gross when that stuff happened.
Who? Name them.
Still waiting.

Still waiting.

Teasdale missed weight at the Scuffle, but I legit can't remember any other PSU guy missing weight since Bubba did it on purpose.

"having the flu" - I mean PSU guys will miss dual meets, so I'm guessing you're insinuating something else with your bunny ears???

Ruth was suspended for a time after a DUI and obviously Dylan Long is a POS - but other than that? Carl has had some damn choir boys. Now do some of them party? Sure. But, I would love to know these names as well.

Ruth was suspended for a time after a DUI and obviously Dylan Long is a POS - but other than that? Carl has had some damn choir boys. Now do some of them party? Sure. But, I would love to know these names as well.
I’m guessing you mean Andrew Long.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT