ADVERTISEMENT

Parents Charged

Thus, according to your standard, you are a faux Catholic. You condemn yourself. You are exactly the type of person Jesus spoke of in the Gospels.

But you don't believe in forcing this teaching of the Church upon all Americans by making birth control illegal in the United States, now do you?

Again, by your own standard, you are a faux Catholic.
Once again, you exhibit your stupidity and lack of critical thinking skills. Birth control does not destroy human life. One can accept birth control as a sin, but not believe it should be illegal. This is perfectly logical and reconcilable. It is strictly a religious issue, like divorce, adultery, swearing, buggery, etc. Abortion is a human rights issue, though. One can not profess to believe that an unborn baby is human (as multiple popes have infallibly stated) but then out of the other side of his mouth profess that that baby is not entitled to the rights that go along with being human (as you have done). The two are not reconcilable by any means. They are flat out logically inconsistent.

All the other behaviors I provided you that the prosecutor noted went into her decision to charge the parents.

Do you believe those actions by the parents were reckless and careless, especially considering they knew they had just bought their son a gun?

Again, all the forms of discipline you cited (with the exception of spanking) occur in schools today.

Why do you assume the studies are conducted by "woke folks" with a "predetermined outcome"? Just because you don't like the findings, is that it?

Does this mean you are "woke"?😆

Can you not provide the specific behaviors you referring to? I'll be happy to answer but you must be specific.

I'm honestly amazed with the number of gun nuts we have on this board, that no one has started a thread about the big news story in the USA right now . . . the charging of James and Jennifer Crumbley with involuntary manslaughter and their attempt to escape to Canada.

These parents bought their troubled 15 year-old son a gun on Black Friday (and bragged about it all over social media), texted him about how he needs to learn how not to get caught when school officials reached out to them about his internet searches, and resisted taking him out of school the day of the shooting. They also didn't bother to determine the whereabouts of the gun they had just bought him during a meeting with school officials on the day of the shooting.

Four young Americans are dead, and seven individuals are injured. Awful.

Another horrible and very preventable tragedy forced upon our children and nation.

It is great to see a prosecutor doing her job as the Oakland County prosecutor is currently doing. She was absolutely right to charge these parents. We need more prosecutors like her.

What say you?
I'm good with it. We should also arrest single mothers every time their teenagers attack a random stranger on the subway, and absentee fathers when their kids commit drive bys. I think i posted on the UT board a similar thought. I'm for it, but this will set a precedent that in 3-5 years every liberal will be screaming about how its racist and targeting black mothers.

Reactions: 2012Bearcat
I'm good with it. We should also arrest single mothers every time their teenagers attack a random stranger on the subway, and absentee fathers when their kids commit drive bys. I think i posted on the UT board a similar thought. I'm for it, but this will set a precedent that in 3-5 years every liberal will be screaming about how its racist and targeting black mothers.

Idiots like him never consider the consequences intended or otherwise.

Idiots like him never consider the consequences intended or otherwise.
Thats actually the problem with most liberal policies. Many of them sound beneficial and compassionate, but just taking 3 seconds to look under the covers and its easy to parse out all the negatives that they bring. But today's "me" generation of instant gratification can't actually take the time to analyze the downstream impact and then seem surprised by the results of the very things they asked for: Eg, surging crime in environments where police were ostracized and lawlessness was celebrated.

“Modern society has the means of protecting itself, without definitively denying criminals the chance to reform. I renew the appeal I made most recently at Christmas for a consensus to end the death penalty, which is both cruel and unnecessary.”

The above statement lacks papal infallibility. For it to be infallible, the penal system would also have to be infallible. As the penal system is made by man, it is therefore precluded from infallibility. As long as a convicted murderer lives, he is a risk to the lives of others, So the quoted statement is based on flawed reasoning. However, I don’t expect your brainless leftist head to be able to process this sort of critical analysis, so I’ll leave it at that.

As to Fauxpe Francis’ statement, WTF does “inadmissible” mean? Who TF talks like that? In typical Francis politician-speak, he’s trying sound like he’s saying something without actually saying it. Very wish-washy, and far from infallible.
As I stated, you are going to make every excuse you can, but your excuses don't change the fact that you reject the Church's teaching on the death penalty.

And this means, according to your own standard, you are a faux Catholic.

Birth control does not destroy human life.
According to Church teaching, birth control is anti-life because it prevents new human life from coming into existence. It is intrinsically evil, just as abortion is. It is a sin, just like abortion is.

You can dance around this all you want, but your lame excuses don't change what the teaching of the Church is on this issue.

You don't advocate that we should force this Church teaching on all Americans. Why not? Birth control is a sin and is intrinsically evil. Why aren't you advocating for laws to ban birth control as passionately as you advocate for laws banning abortion?

Can you not provide the specific behaviors you referring to? I'll be happy to answer but you must be specific.
I already provided you with the other specific behaviors in a previous post...

They were charged with involuntary manslaughter. In Michigan, this occurs when a person is accidentally killed due to someone else's criminal negligence. This means that a person had no intention of killing another, but due to their careless or reckless actions, the person caused the death of another human being.

Here are some of the actions the parents committed according to the prosecutor:

1) On Black Friday, the father bought his 15 year old son a semiautomatic 9-millimeter Sig Sauer handgun.

2) His mother then went with her son to test the gun.

3) Social media posts were made by the mother about the purchase of the gun as a gift for their son. The 15 year old boy called it his "new beauty."

4) The gun was not locked up but kept in the parents' bedroom.

5) The day before the shooting, a teacher discovered the son searching online for ammunition. This was reported to school officials. They called the parents and left a voicemail and emailed the parents. The parents never responded.

6) However, the mother texted her son and said, "LOL I’m not mad at you. You have to learn not to get caught."

7) The next day, the day of the shooting, a teacher discovered a drawing by the son scrawled with images of a gun, a person who had been shot, a laughing emoji and the words “Blood everywhere” and “The thoughts won’t stop. Help me.”

8) The parents were called to the school for a meeting. In the meeting, they apparently never mentioned they had just bought their son a gun. They never inquired of their son as to where the gun was. The parents also did not search his backpack.

9) School officials told the parents they must get their son mental counseling within 48 hours. They also wanted the student to go home. The parents however resisted him being taken out of school. Son went back to class.

10) After the meeting, the father at some point went home and realized the gun was missing.

11) Once the school shooting news began to spread into the community, the mother texted her son and said, "Ethan don’t do it.”

12) The father only then called 911 to report the gun missing and that his son could be the shooter.
So once again, do you believe these actions by the parents were reckless and careless, especially considering they knew they had just bought their son a gun?

As I stated, you are going to make every excuse you can, but your excuses don't change the fact that you reject the Church's teaching on the death penalty.

And this means, according to your own standard, you are a faux Catholic.
Nope. Haven't rejected the faith, as you have, fvckwad. Show me the INFALLIBLE teaching which I have rejected. You won't, and can't, because you don't know WTF infallibility means.

Nope. Haven't rejected the faith, as you have, fvckwad. Show me the INFALLIBLE teaching which I have rejected.
And you just continue on with the silly dance.

You reject the Church's teaching on the death penalty. Period. You have made this very clear. And you attack the leadership of the Church for their position on the death penalty.

Therefore, according to your own standard, you are a faux Catholic. Sorry if you have a problem with your own standard.

I already provided you with the other specific behaviors in a previous post...

So once again, do you believe these actions by the parents were reckless and careless, especially considering they knew they had just bought their son a gun?

Can you be a little more specific on the reckless and carelessness? Merely buying your son or daughter a firearm is not reckless or careless. Most everyone I know bought their son's firearms when they were underage. Our kids grew up with firearms in the house and knowing how to use them. I don't consider that reckless or careless I consider it being responsible.

Can you be a little more specific on the reckless and carelessness? Merely buying your son or daughter a firearm is not reckless or careless. Most everyone I know bought their son's firearms when they were underage. Our kids grew up with firearms in the house and knowing how to use them. I don't consider that reckless or careless I consider it being responsible.
And there you go again. Focusing on just the purchase of the gun.

I have asked you now numerous times about the other behavior by the parents. I listed out all the actions by the parents that the prosecutor gave. It is much more than just them buying a gun. Look at their behavior the day before the shooting and the day of the shooting. In the context of them knowing they had just bought their son a gun, do you believe their behavior was reckless and careless?

And you just continue on with the silly dance.

You reject the Church's teaching on the death penalty. Period. You have made this very clear. And you attack the leadership of the Church for their position on the death penalty.

Therefore, according to your own standard, you are a faux Catholic. Sorry if you have a problem with your own standard.
Still dodging. C’mon, ****wad. Show me the infallible teaching that I’ve rejected.

Still dodging. C’mon, ****wad. Show me the infallible teaching that I’ve rejected.
I am not dodging anything. You want to make excuses about why you can reject the Church's teaching on the death penalty.

Doesn't change the fact though that you reject the Church's teaching on the death penalty (hence your need to make excuses for why you do). And you also don't want to ban birth control in the USA.

All of this makes you a faux Catholic, according to your own standard. You condemn yourself.

I am not dodging anything. You want to make excuses about why you can reject the Church's teaching on the death penalty.

Doesn't change the fact though that you reject the Church's teaching on the death penalty (hence your need to make excuses for why you do). And you also don't want to ban birth control in the USA.

All of this makes you a faux Catholic, according to your own standard. You condemn yourself.
Still dodging.

Still dodging.
Nope. You have acknowledge that you reject the Church's teaching on the death penalty and don't want to ban birth control for all Americans. All you are left with now is lame attempts at excusing away your hypocrisy.

As usual, you just condemn yourself. A faux Catholic, according to your own standard.

Nope. You have acknowledge that you reject the Church's teaching on the death penalty and don't want to ban birth control for all Americans. All you are left with now is lame attempts at excusing away your hypocrisy.

As usual, you just condemn yourself. A faux Catholic, according to your own standard.
I realize you’ll just dodge again, but I’ll try. Explain how the teaching on the death penalty is infallible. Also cite where the church says birth control needs to be outlawed.

Explain how the teaching on the death penalty is infallible. .
Again, an excuse. I'm not dodging, I recognize your attempt at providing cover for your rejection of Church teaching. And I'm not playing your game.

You know good and well what the Church's teaching on the death penalty is. The last three Popes have called for it to be outlawed too.

Fact: You reject the Church's teaching on the death penalty.

Faux Catholic, according to your own standard.

Also cite where the church says birth control needs to be outlawed.
Birth control is a sin and intrinsically evil, just like abortion, according to the Catholic Church. You don't believe all intrinsically evil acts should be banned? Just abortion huh?

Again, you are making excuses. Trying to explain away your hypocrisy but yet, your hypocrisy remains. You are very much like the Pharisees of Jesus' day.

And there you go again. Focusing on just the purchase of the gun.

I have asked you now numerous times about the other behavior by the parents. I listed out all the actions by the parents that the prosecutor gave. It is much more than just them buying a gun. Look at their behavior the day before the shooting and the day of the shooting. In the context of them knowing they had just bought their son a gun, do you believe their behavior was reckless and careless?

I'm trying to understand your opinion on this and answer your questions, but I haven't seen a list of specific actions you and the prosecutor think are reasons the parents should be charged with a good chance of conviction. Maybe I missed you listing them as I haven't seen them. Shouldn't be too hard to copy and paste if you have listed them.

I'm trying to understand your opinion on this and answer your questions, but I haven't seen a list of specific actions you and the prosecutor think are reasons the parents should be charged with a good chance of conviction. Maybe I missed you listing them as I haven't seen them. Shouldn't be too hard to copy and paste if you have listed them.
I've already quoted the post where the behavior were listed once. This is now the second time...

They were charged with involuntary manslaughter. In Michigan, this occurs when a person is accidentally killed due to someone else's criminal negligence. This means that a person had no intention of killing another, but due to their careless or reckless actions, the person caused the death of another human being.

Here are some of the actions the parents committed according to the prosecutor:

1) On Black Friday, the father bought his 15 year old son a semiautomatic 9-millimeter Sig Sauer handgun.

2) His mother then went with her son to test the gun.

3) Social media posts were made by the mother about the purchase of the gun as a gift for their son. The 15 year old boy called it his "new beauty."

4) The gun was not locked up but kept in the parents' bedroom.

5) The day before the shooting, a teacher discovered the son searching online for ammunition. This was reported to school officials. They called the parents and left a voicemail and emailed the parents. The parents never responded.

6) However, the mother texted her son and said, "LOL I’m not mad at you. You have to learn not to get caught."

7) The next day, the day of the shooting, a teacher discovered a drawing by the son scrawled with images of a gun, a person who had been shot, a laughing emoji and the words “Blood everywhere” and “The thoughts won’t stop. Help me.”

8) The parents were called to the school for a meeting. In the meeting, they apparently never mentioned they had just bought their son a gun. They never inquired of their son as to where the gun was. The parents also did not search his backpack.

9) School officials told the parents they must get their son mental counseling within 48 hours. They also wanted the student to go home. The parents however resisted him being taken out of school. Son went back to class.

10) After the meeting, the father at some point went home and realized the gun was missing.

11) Once the school shooting news began to spread into the community, the mother texted her son and said, "Ethan don’t do it.”

12) The father only then called 911 to report the gun missing and that his son could be the shooter.
So again, in light of the fact that the parents knew they had just bought their son a gun, do you find the other behavior of the parents to be careless and reckless?

I've already quoted the post where the behavior were listed once. This is now the second time...

So again, in light of the fact that the parents knew they had just bought their son a gun, do you find the other behavior of the parents to be careless and reckless?

Why are you afraid of listing the behaviors you say prove the parents were reckless and are proof they should be charged? Just list them and I will consider each one.

• Haha
Reactions: davidallen
Why are you afraid of listing the behaviors you say prove the parents were reckless and are proof they should be charged? Just list them and I will consider each one.
🙄

Seriously man, what is wrong with you? I have now provided you with the list three times. Once with the original post, and twice quoting it. What the prosecutor listed are the behaviors I too believe are reckless and careless given the context.

Now, do you believe they are reckless and careless, given that the parents had just purchased their son a gun?

🙄

Seriously man, what is wrong with you? I have now provided you with the list three times. Once with the original post, and twice quoting it. What the prosecutor listed are the behaviors I too believe are reckless and careless given the context.

Now, do you believe they are reckless and careless, given that the parents had just purchased their son a gun?
Evidently no. That's why I keep asking you to provide specifics. From what I have seen the parents kept the gun in their nightstand drawer, nothing reckless about that. They mention the kid was searching for ammo online, with the ammo shortage I do that damn near every day, so does my son and there is nothing illegal about it. They mention a text message about not getting caught. Not sure what it's in reference to but I assume it's referring to his online searches, again nothing illegal or reckless about that. They mention the parents didn't take the kid out of school that day like it's some kind of reckless action but that is nothing but Monday morning Qbing. That's everything I've seen and IMO nothing reckless.
Like you I've already specifically addressed everything I've seen on this in previous posts, and you keep asking the same question. I can only assume you have something else, which is why I keep asking you to be specific.

They mention a text message about not getting caught. Not sure what it's in reference to but I assume it's referring to his online searches, again nothing illegal or reckless about that.
The text message was in reference to the school trying to get in contact with the parents about his internet search. They never responded to the school, however, the mother texts her son and says that he just needs to learn how not to get caught.

And you don't think such a statement and refusal to speak with school officials isn't careless behavior on the part of the parents? Would you tell your child something like that?

They mention the parents didn't take the kid out of school that day like it's some kind of reckless action but that is nothing but Monday morning Qbing.
No it isn't. The parents knew they had bought their son a gun. And they are called to the school and are presented with a very disturbing drawing by their child showing a person being shot and a laughing emoji. And what do the parents do? Nothing! They advocate for their son to return to class and do nothing to determine where the gun is before their son returns to class.

That's everything I've seen and IMO nothing reckless.
What about the parents not informing school officials they had purchased their son a gun when they were shown his drawing? What about the parents not asking their son if he had the gun or checking his back pack? What about their failure to inform the school of the gun, but then his father goes home to check to see if his gun is still at home? Clearly, the gun was on the mind of the father, yet, no mention of it to school officials after his son draws someone being shot?

All these actions you have failed to address. Do you believe any of them are careless or reckless given the context.

The text message was in reference to the school trying to get in contact with the parents about his internet search. They never responded to the school, however, the mother texts her son and says that he just needs to learn how not to get caught.

And you don't think such a statement and refusal to speak with school officials isn't careless behavior on the part of the parents? Would you tell your child something like that?

No it isn't. The parents knew they had bought their son a gun. And they are called to the school and are presented with a very disturbing drawing by their child showing a person being shot and a laughing emoji. And what do the parents do? Nothing! They advocate for their son to return to class and do nothing to determine where the gun is before their son returns to class.

What about the parents not informing school officials they had purchased their son a gun when they were shown his drawing? What about the parents not asking their son if he had the gun or checking his back pack? What about their failure to inform the school of the gun, but then his father goes home to check to see if his gun is still at home? Clearly, the gun was on the mind of the father, yet, no mention of it to school officials after his son draws someone being shot?

All these actions you have failed to address. Do you believe any of them are careless or reckless given the context.

Just as I thought all feelings and no substance. Don't get your hopes up like you did in the Rittenhouse case or you will be sadly disappointed again.
Apply your same thought process to all the drive by shootings, smash and grab robberies, burglaries, drug dealing, and other crimes committed by underage youth. Are you Ok with locking up their parents as well? Something tells me like all other left-wing ideas you haven't thought this one through.

Just as I thought all feelings and no substance.
I've given you plenty of substance, you just keep dancing around everything and refusing to answer simple questions.

Again, do you think such a statement that was in the text from the mother and refusal to speak with school officials isn't careless behavior on the part of the mother?

Do you believe any of these actions are careless or reckless given the context?

I've given you plenty of substance, you just keep dancing around everything and refusing to answer simple questions.

Again, do you think such a statement that was in the text from the mother and refusal to speak with school officials isn't careless behavior on the part of the mother?

Do you believe any of these actions are careless or reckless given the context?
Simple answer? No.

We do not know for a fact what the statement was in reference to, only what you and some overly emotional left-wing loon DA think.

If I understand you correctly every parent that buys a firearm for their kids must inform the school district they have done so? I'm fairly certain that is not a law but who knows maybe in the leftist utopia of dumbassville it is.

As to the rest it seems to me you are drawing conclusions that cannot be proven in a court of law but maybe you will get lucky and get the leftist kangaroo court needed to convict.

Now I have answered every question you have asked can you now answer mine?
Apply your same thought process to all the drive by shootings, smash and grab robberies, burglaries, drug dealing, and other crimes committed by underage youth. Are you Ok with locking up their parents as well?

Simple answer? No.
Finally!

And I'm not surprised at all by this. However, it once again shows how far to the right you are and how you refuse to hold people responsible for their actions if it challenges your political ideology.

We do not know for a fact what the statement was in reference to, only what you and some overly emotional left-wing loon DA think.
Yes we do know for a fact what that statement was in reference to. And also, when should a parent ever tell their kid they just need to learn how not to get caught? Again, is this a statement you would make to your kids?

btw, your political ideology kicks in with your attack on the prosecutor, who is simply doing her job. An emotional attack too, not an attack based on substance.

If I understand you correctly every parent that buys a firearm for their kids must inform the school district they have done so?
If they are called to school and shown a drawing their child made of someone being shot, a laughing emoji, and threatening words after they just bought their child a gun? Absolutely! They should immediately inform the school and immediately determine where the gun is.

That is how responsible and rational parents would act. They wouldn't be reckless and careless as these parents clearly were.

Your defense of these parents' reckless and careless behavior reminds me of your early defense of the racists who shot Ahmaud Arbery. You told me then I was jumping to conclusions, making it about politics, I didn't know all the facts, liberals were pushing an agenda, etc. And you were completely wrong.

Apply your same thought process to all the drive by shootings, smash and grab robberies, burglaries, drug dealing, and other crimes committed by underage youth. Are you Ok with locking up their parents as well?
Yes, if in the context of each crime their behavior was reckless and careless and contributed to the death of another human being. If criminal negligence can be shown, then parents should absolute be charged as should anyone who is criminally negligent. It is a case by case consideration though.

This is why we have the charge of involuntary manslaughter. To hold people accountable whose criminal negligence leads to the death of another human being.

Finally!

And I'm not surprised at all by this. However, it once again shows how far to the right you are and how you refuse to hold people responsible for their actions if it challenges your political ideology.

Yes we do know for a fact what that statement was in reference to. And also, when should a parent ever tell their kid they just need to learn how not to get caught? Again, is this a statement you would make to your kids?

btw, your political ideology kicks in with your attack on the prosecutor, who is simply doing her job. An emotional attack too, not an attack based on substance.

If they are called to school and shown a drawing their child made of someone being shot, a laughing emoji, and threatening words after they just bought their child a gun? Absolutely! They should immediately inform the school and immediately determine where the gun is.

That is how responsible and rational parents would act. They wouldn't be reckless and careless as these parents clearly were.

Your defense of these parents' reckless and careless behavior reminds me of your early defense of the racists who shot Ahmaud Arbery. You told me then I was jumping to conclusions, making it about politics, I didn't know all the facts, liberals were pushing an agenda, etc. And you were completely wrong.

Yes, if in the context of each crime their behavior was reckless and careless and contributed to the death of another human being. If criminal negligence can be shown, then parents should absolute be charged as should anyone who is criminally negligent. It is a case by case consideration though.

This is why we have the charge of involuntary manslaughter. To hold people accountable whose criminal negligence leads to the death of another human being.
Nice thing about all of this is we get to see how it all works out.

Yeah, just as we did with the racists who killed Ahmaud Arbery. The same racists you tried to defend at first.
You sure about that? From my recollection we didn't really discuss that one very much and I didn't keep up with case at all.

You sure about that? From my recollection we didn't really discuss that one very much and I didn't keep up with case at all.
Yes I am sure of it. I'm not shocked though that you don't remember it now!🤣

You were in major defense mode for the racists at the start. We didn't have all the facts, rush to judgment, and all the other nonsense you like to spew.

You were in major defense mode for the racists at the start. We didn't have all the facts, rush to judgment, and all the other nonsense you like to spew.

jussie-smollett.gif

I would love to see the post where you say I rushed to defend those guys. Like most everything with you it's all feelings and no substance.

I would love to see the post where you say I rushed to defend those guys. Like most everything with you it's all feelings and no substance.
Here are two posts that I was able to find in a rather quick search....

I heard the guy that captured the shooting on video has been arrested and charged with murder. Seems kind of silly to charge a guy with murder for videoing what took place but maybe there is more to the story. Anyone know?
I have not paid much attention to the case and had no idea who the guy that videoed the case was. I just heard he was being charged with murder and found that odd. As to the part of not seeing him in the video, the MSM is famous for showing parts of clips to stir up the ignorant.
Back to my question, are they saying this guy was part of setting this guy up to murder him? If so I think this maybe another case of overcharging to try and pacify the overly emotional. No way a murder charge sticks against him.
"MSM famous for showing parts or clips to stir up the ignorant"

"maybe another case of overcharging to try and pacify the overly emotional"

"no way a murder charge sticks against him"

Sound familiar?

btw, you were wrong as usual. A murder charge did stick, three murder charges actually.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT