ADVERTISEMENT

Panisonic Battery Factory

SquinkY5786

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2005
I see where panisonic is picking between Oklahoma and Kansas for a 3 billion dollar battery factory. They are looking a mid america industrial park which house google. And just got canoo and Nothern Data. Canoo signed with panisonic to supply EV batteries so it would make sense.

I see where panisonic is picking between Oklahoma and Kansas for a 3 billion dollar battery factory. They are looking a mid america industrial park which house google. And just got canoo and Nothern Data. Canoo signed with panisonic to supply EV batteries so it would make sense.
Our secretary of commerce is doing a fantastic job.

"Panasonic is looking at building the factory, to cost several billion dollars, in either Oklahoma or Kansas close to Texas, where Tesla is preparing a new EV plant, NHK reported."

Thackerville baby!

So Oklahoma politics question? Do you think the Oil & Gas industry will try to / be successful in using their influence to block any deal?

Not at all. Phillips 66 is investing in battery technology and research right now. I think their leadership would encourage more Oklahoma battery expertise.

I would certainly hope so, the smartest thing Oklahoma could do is diversify it economy but one just has to read this board to realize how anti alternative energy Oklahoma is.

I would certainly hope so, the smartest thing Oklahoma could do is diversify it economy but one just has to read this board to realize how anti alternative energy Oklahoma is.
I'm pro "all of the above" on Energy sources and I am ANTI false doomsday scenarios about climate change and fantasies about the ability of sustainable energy to meet all or a substantial majority of our energy requirements, and the concomitant heavy hand of government distorting the market.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT