ADVERTISEMENT

PanAm games

Wrestling starts today. Fix will have Ortega of Cuba in the semifinals.
Greco starts today FS starts Friday apparently at 9AM central time. ESPNU may be the way to watch it. I am not certain so if anyone has better info please post. USA wrestling has all of the first round matches listed.
57kg Daton Fix vs. Daniel Alves Brazil
65kg Jaydin Eierman vs. Alejandro Valdes Peru. These matches are at 9AM central time on Friday 8/9. Finals at 3:30pm Friday.
Saturday 8/10 at 9AM
Jordan Burroughs vs. Abel Herrera Pastor Peru at 74kg
Pat Downey vs. Angus Arthur Jamaica at 86kg
Kyle Snyder vs. Evan Ramos PR at 97kg
Gwiz vs. Andrew Gunning Peru at 125kg.

Last edited:
Reactions: osu2082
Daton made quick work, but the next match the Cuban ate up Eirman. I know he was a late replacement, but didn't look like he was in any way ready.

4-1 Fix, late takedown to seal the deal. Finals start at 430.
Daton's opponent is Juan Rubelin Ramirez Beltre of the Dominican Republic who was 28th in the world in 8/17 and placed 7th in the Pan Am games on 7/5/17. Fix has already faced a much higher seeded wrestler in Ortega.

Four of six in the finals for freestyle. Daton gold, Eirman bronze. Five of six women made the finals.

The Cuban Daton beat in the semis - Ortega - won gold at U23s today. Daton could see him again at the Olympic qualifier in March.

Also at the U23s...Bo Nickal is in the finals @ 92 kg. Greg Kerkvliet goes for bronze @ 125 kg, Brady Berge is in repechage @ 74 kg and Muhamed McBryde took 5th @ 79 kg (wrestled for Buffalo).

Gabriel Townsell (57 kg), Chas Tucker (61 kg), Jaydin Eierman (65 kg), Alec Pantaleo (70 kg), Max Dean (86 kg) and Chase Singletary (97 kg) were all eliminated. I believe Singletary cannot take an ORS now if Kerkvliet wrestles this year.

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2019/October/29/McBryde-fifth-at-U23-Worlds

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT