ADVERTISEMENT

Our new Attorney General is such a sellout.

Syskatine

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 14, 2018
The two men will spend the next two decades on probation in order to pay more than $820,000 in restitution to victims.

As part of the plea, they were charged with 38 felonies and six misdemeanors.

The Tates swindled more than 2,200 individuals out of their property and money they paid to have their music or books published or produced through the companies.

There are no words. No punishment, just... pay it back. Over 20 years. Or you may have some jail time. Thanks for the law and order. I guess if you're a right wing, religious charlatan that steals, the ceiling on your punishment is..... paying it back.

Not not familiar with this case. Maybe you know the answers to these questions:

1. What did the victims want?

2. What is the grand total of the Tate assets?

3. Did the prosecution have a strong case or a weak one?

4. Assuming the victims’ desire for a refund was greater than their desire for retribution, how much money can a felon repay while they are incarcerated for 20 years?

I only read the article you provided, so I’m being serious with asking those questions. Maybe it’s all over the news down there about how much this sucks. I have no idea. But with over 2,000 victims equally dividing the compensation fund, that’s less than $400 per victim, not exactly a nest egg amount of money.

So...what’s up with that?

Not not familiar with this case. Maybe you know the answers to these questions:

1. What did the victims want?

2. What is the grand total of the Tate assets?

3. Did the prosecution have a strong case or a weak one?

4. Assuming the victims’ desire for a refund was greater than their desire for retribution, how much money can a felon repay while they are incarcerated for 20 years?

I only read the article you provided, so I’m being serious with asking those questions. Maybe it’s all over the news down there about how much this sucks. I have no idea. But with over 2,000 victims equally dividing the compensation fund, that’s less than $400 per victim, not exactly a nest egg amount of money.

So...what’s up with that?

All good questions. Your math is right on, and that's a payout over 20 years. 3. Great case. 4. I would like to see what they have.

"Okay, just pay them back over 20 years" is a great result. If you want to take a shot at a massive fraud, the worst thing you can expect from the OK AG is to pay it back? Over 20 years?

Yeah, at least 2 victims are pissed. I've talked to one and heard one on TV. The Tates need to go to jail. This is a huge win for them.

All good questions. Your math is right on, and that's a payout over 20 years. 3. Great case. 4. I would like to see what they have.

"Okay, just pay them back over 20 years" is a great result. If you want to take a shot at a massive fraud, the worst thing you can expect from the OK AG is to pay it back? Over 20 years?

Yeah, at least 2 victims are pissed. I've talked to one and heard one on TV. The Tates need to go to jail. This is a huge win for them.
Of course, a trial with 2200 victims would be a train wreck....

$50 oil make dong vote dem AG.

$40 oil make dong ACLU guy.

$30 OIL DONG KILL EVERYONE

tenor.gif

Reactions: wyomingosualum
Breaking News: White collar criminals get off with lightweight, financial only penalties in court settlement....in other news, water is wet.

Breaking News: White collar criminals get off with lightweight, financial only penalties in court settlement....in other news, water is wet.

Darned sure right in Oklahoma with a republican AG prosecuting a republican swindler. 2200 victims and no jail. Just... pay it back, apparently without interest, over 29 years. He should at least tell us where the money went and why it can't be disgorged.

Darned sure right in Oklahoma with a republican AG prosecuting a republican swindler. 2200 victims and no jail. Just... pay it back, apparently without interest, over 29 years. He should at least tell us where the money went and why it can't be disgorged.
Sure lock them up for life. Then no one gets a penny of restitution.

You're a genius.

You're a genius.

Figures your knee-jerk reaction is to coddle the white collar criminal. Try reading for a change before expressing your usual redneck moron take.

You're a genius.

Not saying I don’t think these scumbags shouldn’t be cleaned out to repay them, but I imagine many of those folks would just as likely enjoy seeing them in prison as getting some money back.

Your fascination with every action only being bad if Conservatives do it is frankly getting old. This is exactly what's gone on for years in basically every state in the country:

https://triblive.com/news/allegheny/5431279-74/collar-jail-criminals

Is it right? Nope. But if you think a Democrat AG would be any different, history and precedent would state otherwise.

Reactions: Bitter Creek
Your fascination with every action only being bad if Conservatives do it is frankly getting old. This is exactly what's gone on for years in basically every state in the country:

https://triblive.com/news/allegheny/5431279-74/collar-jail-criminals

Is it right? Nope. But if you think a Democrat AG would be any different, history and precedent would state otherwise.

Your fascination with defending them at every turn isn't. I mean, every. Single. Time. And you don't even particularly disagree with me, but you went and conducted research to try and defend him, lol.

Your fascination with defending them at every turn isn't. I mean, every. Single. Time. And you don't even particularly disagree with me, but you went and conducted research to try and defend him, lol.

I'm not defending the man. I don't even know him, nor do I even live in OK. I was just trying to educate you that this practice that you are clearly is major disagreement with goes on across the country, and has for as long as I can remember. Seems strange that only when a conservative does it, you get your panties in a wad. But that's become your schtick lately.

Reactions: Bitter Creek

You're a genius.

Figures your knee-jerk reaction is to coddle the white collar criminal. Try reading for a change before expressing your usual redneck moron take.
Typical douche nozzle response.

Do they need jail time, of course, but they still need to be able to make some restitution.

You turn everything and I mean everything, into partisan bullsh!t. It just points out what feeble mind you have.

“The defendants made an initial payment of $109,000 to the Tate Victim Restitution Account. On the first day of every month beginning in February, they will make a monthly restitution payment to the account in the amount of $3,000.“

20 year suspended and immediate six figure restitution payment is not bad to me.

I’m no Hunter fan, but this one seems like pretty solid prosecution.

“The defendants made an initial payment of $109,000 to the Tate Victim Restitution Account. On the first day of every month beginning in February, they will make a monthly restitution payment to the account in the amount of $3,000.“

20 year suspended and immediate six figure restitution payment is not bad to me.

I’m no Hunter fan, but this one seems like pretty solid prosecution.

You're back?:p

Reactions: CowboyJD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT