ADVERTISEMENT

OU Lightner

Sounds like he was forced out. Not a great move by Roselli IMO.

Reactions: JAY45
Ware was announced today, he has had stops at NLWC, Binghamton, and Wyoming. Is he set up to take over after one more subpar season?

Lightner has been a OU mainstay.. Sad to see him leave, does anyone know where he is headed? He has been coaching for at least 20 years now, right?

Yeah, I think he’s going to work for TeamUSA is what I’ve heard. Very strange way that it all just unfolded seemingly overnight. Not sure if there was something that sparked this or not.

I was never a huge Lightner fan as far as him getting the HC position. I always hoped for someone else. But I’ve spoken with a former wrestler who says ML is the best coach on the team hands down. He says when they go to tournaments or duals, the other team’s coaches go right past Rosselli to get to Lightner and shake his hand. He mentioned specifically the Brands and a few others who seem to have a very high regard for Mike.

So now that I’ve changed my mind in him….he leaves. :)

Mike, if you’re out there reading this board…I’m a fan and hope you come back to OU to replace Rosselli.

Reactions: DPJ
i think you will see more recruits reopen recruiting, and hit the transfer portal. UNLESS Teyon can do a heck of a re-recruiting job.

Yeah, I think he’s going to work for TeamUSA is what I’ve heard. Very strange way that it all just unfolded seemingly overnight. Not sure if there was something that sparked this or not.

I was never a huge Lightner fan as far as him getting the HC position. I always hoped for someone else. But I’ve spoken with a former wrestler who says ML is the best coach on the team hands down. He says when they go to tournaments or duals, the other team’s coaches go right past Rosselli to get to Lightner and shake his hand. He mentioned specifically the Brands and a few others who seem to have a very high regard for Mike.

So now that I’ve changed my mind in him….he leaves. :)

Mike, if you’re out there reading this board…I’m a fan and hope you come back to OU to replace Rosselli.
But with the change, 10 AAs this year? ;)

Yeah, me too. That's such a head scratcher. Would love to hear why that happened, after the season started. I don't get it.

But if that's what ML wanted, I wish him the best of luck going forward. I know he'll be successful, and Oklahoma wrestling just got a little bit better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT