ADVERTISEMENT

OSU vs PSU

pokefan4ver

Redshirt
Jun 28, 2013
I wonder if it was OSU or the NWCA that made the call on tickets for this dual. Only floor seats are reserved so season ticket holders in the 200 sections will have to buy general admission tickets and get there early to get their seats for this dual meet. They are adding the floor seats and raised stage like they did for the Iowa match and the bleachers will also be reserved seating but all other seats are general admission. I wonder if the east/west chairbacks were offered to season ticket holders?

Last edited:
According to the ticket office, the NWCA made that call. Even floor ticket holders did not get 1st choice, they were still available today for $20 each. A lot of season ticket holders are upset. Not a good way to treat the already limited fan base, IMO

Reactions: LoveOSUSports
According to the ticket office, the NWCA made that call. Even floor ticket holders did not get 1st choice, they were still available today for $20 each. A lot of season ticket holders are upset. Not a good way to treat the already limited fan base, IMO
Agreed! I did not want to take a chance for my first row seats over the mat in 203 so I paid out the $20.00 apiece for three seats on the floor which will not be as good as the $10.00 seats in Row 1 203.

how many psu fans will make this trip? let them have a chance on the reserved floor seats. let the OSU faithful have a chance at their regular seats. it seems like we always get shafted...in okc at the ncaa tournament, at the ncaa tournament other places, and now in our own house. i have had enough of this.

Agreed! I did not want to take a chance for my first row seats over the mat in 203 so I paid out the $20.00 apiece for three seats on the floor which will not be as good as the $10.00 seats in Row 1 203.
I am normally in 213, which are great seats. Not a big fan of the floor. Just think when you are having problems getting people there anyway, give season ticket holders their seats as a bonus for being ticket holders!

Reactions: oberebo
I never set in my reserved seats, always set in the bleachers behind the team. So I reserved floor level but not sure where they are. Last time Penn State was here Cael gave my daughter two front row comp tickets next to the stage, don't know if that's going to be the case this time.

I am normally in 213, which are great seats. Not a big fan of the floor. Just think when you are having problems getting people there anyway, give season ticket holders their seats as a bonus for being ticket holders!

I actually think this is a good thing and glad NWCA finally did so. If you've every been to CHA you know how frustrating it can be to get decent seats for a group. Iowa hosted national duals (full team bracket) there a couple years ago and they included Ntl Duals as part of their season ticket package. It meant pretty much no one else could get any group seats anywhere in the middle to down low. I purchased a single reserved in advance to guarantee mid way on the edge/corner decent seat, then Iowa moved the mat rotation to benefit their team, it was then better to just go find an empty seat on the end. As one or two fans you can always find something at CHA but not if a group of fans.

As I recall last year was similar as there was no way to know could get a decent seat at PSU.

Its kind of like my Valero Bowl seating, for some reason they didn't give me my normal 50 yd line seats.

It's not a regular season schedule event, so glad they are finally this year allowing those who travel (can't go to all season meets) the same opportunity to get tickets. I just wish they had included 202-204 and 212-214 in the $20 reserved. Given the cost to travel spending an extra $10 is not an issue, but would be nice to know have a reserved seat, but like others I'm not that thrilled about the floor end seats (may still purchase the reserved, then sit in 200 if arrive in time).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT