ADVERTISEMENT

OSU ranked 3rd

tom_v31

2nd Team
Jan 24, 2020
Bartlesville
How is it that OSU is undefeated, was ranked 2nd but is now ranked 3rd behind a team that they just beat, in Flo’s team rankings? Their rankings have dropped off a cliff this year.

Reactions: mtnpoke1
How is it that OSU is undefeated, was ranked 2nd but is now ranked 3rd behind a team that they just beat, in Flo’s team rankings? Their rankings have dropped off a cliff this year.
Is this dual rankings or tournament rankings?

If dual, then flo gonna flo. If tournament, not sure we are top two.

Reactions: gyppoke
Big difference between dual and tournament rankings. PSU is killing everyone in tournament rankings.

OSU is 2nd in both dual and tournament rankings on Flo

Regardless, can we take a minute to appreciate how different this season has been? So nice to be up there in those rankings again :) Wow
Latest Flo rankings have us 2nd and Iowa third. We are projected based on individual rankings to have 60.5 points and Iowa 59.5 points. Penn State projected first with 133 points. I would be elated to place 2nd at nationals but I do not think that is in the cards this year. BTW Flo individual rankings for OK State are as follows
125 Spratley#7
133 Fix #3
141 Jamison#9
149 Williams #21
157 Travis #11
165 Olejnik #3
174 Thompson #24
184 Plott #2
197 Surber #17
285 Doucet #8

Reactions: bwel9339

OSU is 2nd in both dual and tournament rankings on Flo

Regardless, can we take a minute to appreciate how different this season has been? So nice to be up there in those rankings again :) Wow
Ok, now you’re making me feel bad. It is nice to be put out by not being 2nd in a poll

Latest Flo rankings have us 2nd and Iowa third. We are projected based on individual rankings to have 60.5 points and Iowa 59.5 points. Penn State projected first with 133 points. I would be elated to place 2nd at nationals but I do not think that is in the cards this year. BTW Flo individual rankings for OK State are as follows
125 Spratley#7
133 Fix #3
141 Jamison#9
149 Williams #21
157 Travis #11
165 Olejnik #3
174 Thompson #24
184 Plott #2
197 Surber #17
285 Doucet #8
Who do you think will perform greater than their ranking? Not to be controversial, but who will do worse?

Intermat seems to have no love for Spratley? Its stupid but it may take him beating Ayala to be taken seriously by some rankers. Still think he gets the 1 seed at B12s.

Question: anyone watched Zerban the 157 from NCU this year? Hes ranked 2nd and I havent laid eyes on him. It doesnt appear hes wrestled anyone tough this year. Teague should get the 4 seed at B12s and will most likely have Mauller again in the quarters (Mauller still has Downey and Swensen on Mizzou's schedule). That would set up a semi w/ Teague and Zerban. I'm thinking another Cowboy in the finals of B12s!

Intermat seems to have no love for Spratley? Its stupid but it may take him beating Ayala to be taken seriously by some rankers. Still think he gets the 1 seed at B12s.

Question: anyone watched Zerban the 157 from NCU this year? Hes ranked 2nd and I havent laid eyes on him. It doesnt appear hes wrestled anyone tough this year. Teague should get the 4 seed at B12s and will most likely have Mauller again in the quarters (Mauller still has Downey and Swensen on Mizzou's schedule). That would set up a semi w/ Teague and Zerban. I'm thinking another Cowboy in the finals of B12s!
I looked on Wrestlestat and he beat Daniel Cardenas from Stanford. Good win definitely but I’m Not sure it justifies his number 2 ranking.

Also I’m a bit puzzled by Luke Stanich from Lehigh at 125. He’s ranked like 2 or 3 by Flo and intermat. He beat Eric Barnett from Wisconsin but again not sure that justifies the high ranking. Spratley beat him too.

I looked on Wrestlestat and he beat Daniel Cardenas from Stanford. Good win definitely but I’m Not sure it justifies his number 2 ranking.

Also I’m a bit puzzled by Luke Stanich from Lehigh at 125. He’s ranked like 2 or 3 by Flo and intermat. He beat Eric Barnett from Wisconsin but again not sure that justifies the high ranking. Spratley beat him too.
Honestly, I have not been a fan of rankings this year. Some areas, they’re too wick to change and other areas they wait too long. In addition, everybody is beating everybody in certain weights. I’m coming to accept that it will all shake out in march

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT