HWT - Marsden waits till last 10 seconds to win 3-1 - 9-3
125 - Klimara with major - 13-3
133 - Harding with 6-4 win - 16-3
141 - Heil loses 2-3 - 16-6
149 - Dolan loses 3-8 - 16-9
157 - Collica wins 11-4 - 19-9
165 - Dieringer with major 17-6 - 23-9 Final

This post was edited on 2/22 2:37 PM by Orangebomber

What the hell is wrong with Marsden? They said the UNC kid barely weighed 200 pounds and he can not secure a take down until late in the 3rd period. Seriously sick of watching him take 1 shot per match unless the kid is completely helpless.

Marsden wrestled the #1 guy tonight so that might have had a part in how he decided to approach this match.

DUH! It is every time he wrestles anyone of note like Telford or any of the guys who are quality heavyweights he always shuts it down against the better guys and I am very aware that Gwadzowski or however it is spelled is the returning national champ and is undefeated and that Telford was ranked high as well but that is no reason for Austin to not take a legit shot the entire match. Oh yeah what about the unranked 200 pound heavy from UNC why did he only take 1 shot the entire match against that kid?
Amazes me how you people make excuses for our wrestlers and will not be truthful about their flaws and abilities as our team has been down for years now and you people still act like we are winning championships and we are not even remotely close.

Originally posted by CB4OSUWrestling:
DUH! It is every time he wrestles anyone of note like Telford or any of the guys who are quality heavyweights he always shuts it down against the better guys and I am very aware that Gwadzowski or however it is spelled is the returning national champ and is undefeated and that Telford was ranked high as well but that is no reason for Austin to not take a legit shot the entire match. Oh yeah what about the unranked 200 pound heavy from UNC why did he only take 1 shot the entire match against that kid?
Amazes me how you people make excuses for our wrestlers and will not be truthful about their flaws and abilities as our team has been down for years now and you people still act like we are winning championships and we are not even remotely close.
"Tomorrow, Tomorrow, The sun will come up tomorrow. We are only a day away!

Yeah I know and wait until next year again. I know we should be better next year but if Alex takes an Olympic redshirt we may be about the same as we are this year. I guarantee you Cael will have Penn State in the hunt will John have us back in contention? Only time will tell but we certainly have more under achievers than over achievers on this team.
Originally posted by Have Gun - Will Travel:

...updates please for us poor folks...

CB4, I know you are a passionate fan as I am and I share your frustration. I have written many a critical post but I admit that from a technical standpoint I have no basis upon which to formulate my criticism. This year's team will not be national champions and that is not just my opinion but the opinion of most observers including John Smith who in his last show indicated as much but he said he was not happy or contented to have the team be where it is and he was not going to quit working and striving for excellence in his student athletes.

I posted several times in the past few months that we might have only 1-2 All Americans this year but I still see potential in several of our wrestlers to make a liar out of me and I hope that comes to fruition in St. Louis.
We have one lock in Alex Dierenger and after that the bookends (Marsden and Klimara) are the best bets at the moment.
Nolan Boyd who has shown in some matches All-American potential is still a work in progress but recent matches have shown he is starting to wrestle within himself and make less mistakes. Anthony Collica is making very good progress in a weight where he is under sized but you can tell by his endurance in the last several matches that he is working hard in the room and is in great shape. Dean Heil was a disappointment this weekend but could still make a strong push in the end.
Kyle Crutchmer has pretty much shut down his offense but he is staying close in all of his matches and manages to pull a takedown out his hat when it is needed at the end.

Josh is injured and who knows if he will even be able to wrestle. I have no specific details but there are hamstring pulls that are minor that you can come back from quickly and there are pulls like he had last year where it took months to recover. I have said several times that I did not think he would make it back to the podium this year and that was before this injury.
I hate it forJosh who has grown and matured through his career at Ok State, works hard and is very talented but he is in a weight where he is undersized and not by a little but by a lot and his desire and heart have kept him in matches where he is out horsed, out leveraged but not out-"gutted". I hope he comes back and places.

You can not ask for more from Gary Wayne Harding. He is not only wrestling to his ability but beyond that. He is a freshman and is also under-sized. He is fun to watch.

All of us "you people" realize we are not a "championship" team at this point. There are several of these "you people" on this board that are much more knowledgeable than you and I and they are rarely critical of an individual . People like Jon_Osu and his cohorts from southwest Oklahoma know much more about wrestling from the technical side than you and I as does Mr. Blonde and OkieCowboy who actually wrestled for the Brand and several others I could mention but wont.

Next year does look much brighter with help coming in the lower weights for sure in Kaid Brock and Piccinnini sure to push Eddie Klimara, Gary Wayne Harding and Dean Heil. Joe Smith who is probably wrestling up two weights this year and dominating a very good OU recruit in the regionals. Preston Weigle back from a freshman injury and I understand making great strides in the room at 197. Collica will be at his weight of 149 next year and should be excellent and Alex will most likely be going for his 3rd national title. Austin Marsden will return at heavyweight and I think some of our young wrestlers like Chance Marsteller will be pushing for a spot in the lineup. Most of us are going to St. Louis with hopeful but cautious expectations but we will be supporting our cowboys in good times and bad.

LETS GO POKES !!!

After spending the night at the Holiday Inn and having a V8 for lunch, I don't know why Oberebo didn't mention my name in his post!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT